Cornhusker Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Apr 2, 2010.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Cornhusker Presser

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new job in Lincoln. You have already given your goal for your team this season. So who do u see maybe knock you off of those goals?

Why did you choose Nebraska and the Big 12?

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thanks for the welcome. Well, everyone knows the Big 12 is a very talented and competitive conference but I think we are the only ones that stand between ourselves and our goals. If we play together as a team anything is possible. You don't have to be the best on paper, you just need to have more heart on any given Saturday. Heart and determination is something you can't coach into a player, so we just have to dig deep this season.

I didn't choose Nebraska. Nebraska chose me. I'll be ever grateful for the opprotunity that was given to me to be apart of this great tradition they have here. The road may be rough but I'd just like to tell the fans to buckle up and "Prepare For Glory!"

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

What happened to this presser ND? I thought this was supposed to be the hot seat? Don't worry bout it, I'm bout to press Justin.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach you have come with guns a blazin, is Nebraska ready for the attention you are bringing to this team?

Is this team a legitimate Big 12 contender?

WHo are the guys that get it done game in and out for the Huskers?

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Coach you have come with guns a blazin, is Nebraska ready for the attention you are bringing to this team?

As a program we need this attention. For years college football standards of greatness have been measured with the Longhorns, Gators, and the Crimson Tide. Nebraska was no longer talked about as a football powerhouse, rightfully so. I want teams to fear us, bring their A game when they play us. I want to be that standard of greatness. I expect that our team to try and raise that bar every weekend. We will no longer be a pushover or easy W for any team. Now you may word that as being cocky but to me its just plain confidence. We all know football is a physical sport but its' also a mental one as well. To be the best, you have to beat the best. To prove you're the best you have to prepare and carry yourself like the best. If we as a program start believing that again, then yeah I think we're ready for the spotlight.

Is this team a legitimate Big 12 contender?

Hopefully. Kansas showed us in our first conference game that the road will not be easy. We have a lot of things to work on. If we can stay healthy and fix our mistakes then we have a real shot at competing for the Big 12 title. We'll find out soon enough when Texas comes rolling around on the schedule. Right now we're just going to take it one game at a time and leave everything on the field every Saturday. Win or lose I want these players to be proud of their effort. Effort I expect to see every Saturday.

WHo are the guys that get it done game in and out for the Huskers?

J.Richardson hands down. Without his leadership we wouldn't be having so much early season success. M.Smith is also a factor when he can stay on the field (knocked out at least 5 plays every game this year). Our defense as a whole has kept us in games as well. We slacked off a bit in our last game but we have been working hard in practice to correct those mistakes.