Correct way to embed EASW Videos

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Drifterbub, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Correct way to embed EASW Videos

Guys,

I have had little luck working with the AME mod we have installed in getting EASW videos to work correctly. So, I tried something new. I basically parsed the html code and developed a new BB code for our forums. I'll work on cleaning it up a bit in the next few days in addition to adding it to the menu bar with your other formatting options.

This is a much safer way for us to post videos without embedding raw html code. Having HTML enabled is a security risk to say the least.

Code:
    Basically it works like this:

Take a link to an EASW video {http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4011115} and copy everything past the last '/'.  So in this case 4011115.

Then wrap that number in the new {EA}{/EA} tags.  Replace {} with [].

So your final product with look like this:

{EA}4011115{/EA}   Again, use the [] square brackets instead of {}.

[CENTER][EA]4011115[/EA][/CENTER]

EDIT: Being investigated...

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

WOW that is MUCH easier! I couldn't even get a video I wanted to post to work right, it would just show the html code. This is great! Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, my report just plays your video :D You are getting there though! [ame="http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5925"]Here is a link to the writeup I am trying to put it in.[/ame] I did the EA tags properly and put in the correct video #, so you can use my thread to see if any changes you make end up workin. Thanks for all the work dude.

3. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

hmmm...i tried that but got a random game as my video. not trying to hate, i think what you are doing is awesome. just updating you.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Ah, crap. I'll take a look at the code.

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It seems that there is an account identifier that I am missing. I figured out how the videos are stored via EASW servers, which is why I was able to post all of my videos.

I'll have to play around with the identifiers. Until then, I have disabled the code.

Sorry to get your hopes up so soon.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    drifter,

If you want me to look at the code, post it or PM it to me and I will see if I can be of any help.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

How to I post in game pictures? Thanks man.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I will. Let me get organized and I'll send it over.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

How far has this come since Drifter?

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Dead stop. There doesn't seem to be much support for this VB modification, so I'm still searching for a more stable solution...

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Didn't madden mania have something that let you embed EASW videos? Or with the change did EA make that not work anymore?

Of course, if you really wanted to do the videos from the game without having to worry about only being able to have 5 at a time on EASW, you could always just download the videos from EASW and convert them to AVIs using any generic video editing program and then just upload them in uber high quality to youtube or somethin'.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Flash to AVI converters rarely work well, but let us know if you find one that does.

The problem on our end is a server issue. I don't have access to the server settings so I can't look into it. I've done everything I can on the software side.