Cougar Report

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Cougar Report

Washington 35
    WSU 30

Played a close game, was up 24-14 at one point but the Huskies came out of the half fired up. Came within 1 in the 4th quarter but could not regain the lead. A narrow lose to my most hated rival. Let's look for a great 2010 season. Team doesn't seem too bad, lots of rough edges to smooth out.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

At the end of this less than impressive season, new coach Masler held a press conference to answer a few questions that have been buzzing around...

What made you choose one of the lesser teams?

I believe every team has potential. This team has already shown improvement in my opinion. A good challenge is also fun as well.

Any comments on the loss to Washington?

We played a close game but I don't think the team was quite adjusted to my style of coaching yet. I was pleased by what I saw but still had hoped to walk away with a victory, I know the Huskies are one of my biggest rivals.

So what about the players and your coaching style?

Getting in good practice makes for a great game on Saturdays. I am trying to emphasize on execution in practice. I saw alot of promise in my first game, so I have somewhat high expectations. But you can have great players and great coaching but it all comes down to execution execution execution. We could have a star QB but without any receivers to finish the play we are getting nowhere. I will be working with the whole team to make sure they know their position inside and out. As well as they know every play almost perfectly. Some don't do much because of lack of execution. Then you have plays excecuted decently and gain you the first down. With the execution I aim for my plays will be designed to get 6.

So what are your thoughts on the 2010 season?

We are Cougars. I take pride in that and we will follow the name. A Cougar is powerful, intimidating and fast. They strike without warning. And that's what we intend to do. Our offense will be unpredictable and our opponent will not see it coming. Cougars are known as ambushers, element of surprise, just as I said a moment ago. They have been known to take down a full grown bear. And there are a couple Bears I wouldn't mind taking down. As I said a little bit ago Cougars are powerful, intimidating and fast. Those all add up to a sense of fear. If it takes fear and intimidation to win, then so be it. We will use those to our advantage.

I won't say we will win them all but we'll fight every game. Cougars are one of the dominant predators of the West Coast and we need to live up to that. We fell to the bottom, it's time to climb our way back up.

You've mentioned alot of offense, what about defense?

We'll rip and tear into all opponents, just like a Cougar. I know I'm making alot of references to this animal but I feel it's necessary. We, of course, aren't wild animals so we will always play a fair game of ball. The school chose that mascot and we'll do our best to live up to such a majestic animal.

And with that he took no more questions and left the room buzzing in anticipation for the 2010 season. As a reporter I do not think I have ever been excited to see this team play. Coach Masler's words were inspiring, especially for a new coach.

[​IMG]

3. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

nice write up (y)

As long as the cougars aren't eating gopher it's all good...