Cougs...

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

2. Cheez

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Have you seen the Seahawks receiving corp? The local sports morning radio show discussed the projected five to make the team this morning, here is what one guy said in no particular order: Ben Obamanu, Sydney Rice, Anthony Baldwin, Golden Tate, Ricardo Lockette. They left off Deon Butler who is pretty good when he is not hurt. Obamanu is the veteran of the group but has never risen above the fourth receiver in his 7-9 seasons with the team. Sydney Rice is overrated, I believe Golden Tate is better than what he has actually done. Baldwin is a special teams stud, and I have no idea who this Lockette guy is. Basically it is a pile of mush. Giving TO a try out can't really hurt.

I personally think the Seahawks are not that far away from being a legitimate contender. The defense is pretty solid, special teams are good, but offensively they are questionable. I question what they are doing at quarterback. They signed Matt Flynn but are going through this 3 way QB battle, when they should just give Flynn the job, and sink or swim with the decision. Why else sign him? However, it doesn't really help who is playing QB if they are throwing to a pile of mush. I personally believe the Seahawks are not building a team, but are just signing guys with no rhyme or reason, but to compile talent. They also traded for Kellen Winslow when they already had a solid receiving tight end with Carlson but let him go in free agency. We are seeing the Carroll' effect. College coaches, especially at premiere programs accumulate the best talent they can roll through the schedule with, I don't believe that works in the NFL.

4. Cheez

Receiving talent... I guess I'm a little spoiled as a Packers fan. Not everyone has Donald Driver as a 5th / 6th best receiver on their team. Your assessment, given that info actually makes sense. Especially this part:

You're spot on here. And even though I don't think T.O. has much talent, he fits the criteria that a college coach in the pros looks for when they are creating their roster.

I do think that they should just hand the QB role to Flynn, because quite frankly he is the best they have. My opinion might be a little slanted, but I think he will be a decent starter in the NFL. He's not going to be a stud, but he's certainly better than the walking piles of crap the Jets and Browns are putting under center.

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Griffin and Luck got alot of attention last year. But neither of those 2 QBs learned a prostyle offense in one year, and set the NCCA record in QB rating. I know Carol is probably just using the competition to motivate, but I secretly hope Wilson is so good they can not pass up starting him. With our OLine, we may need a 4.5 QB.

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Braylon Edwards in town as well. T.O., Braylon, Golden, Rice, Baldwin and Obamanu..... throw in Winslow and Zach Miller at TE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That's a pretty good lineup right there! Then you got Marshawn in the backfield....? If the line can stay healthy actually look out for this offense. I have a feeling a lot of points will be scored. And the defense was 10th last year with the youngest group in the NFL.

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Cheez

Here is the list from the morning radio show: Edwards, TO, Sydney Rice, Anthony Baldwin, Golden Rate, Ben Obmanu, Jermaine Kearse, Drone Butler, #13, #14 (the radio hosts don't know their names.

Here is the 5 that make it as of this morning: Rice, Tate, Baldwin, TO, and Butler.

8. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Edwards is slept on!