Countdown Begins!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AzureEffect, Aug 21, 2012.

1. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Good Morning League,

The countdown begins til Madden 13 and this post is just my way of getting everybody acclimated with one another and who is going to be in the League. Welcome back to the participants from Madden 12 and welcome to the NEW Members who have joined us for 13. This League is about Fun, Respect, Sim gameplay & competition. I am a very flexible Commish when it comes to "Life" & understanding that some of us have kids, demanding schedules & jobs and I try to accomodate. Everyone should read up on the CCM manual to know the "depth" that this mode has this year. Its going to be a great year of Football. I have provided the link for the CCM manual below. I am compiling a contact list for the League and adding the new members so we can have that info. This League will have a Twitter account which will keep everyone updated and CCM, you can tie in your cell phone so that you are always connected to the League. Never hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, problems, etc. We need to be more active on here. I am looking for another Co-Commish to "drive the bus" so to speak on TSO. So if interested, Hit me up.

Welcome to TheSimStandard 2012 for Madden 13

Dboyfresh209
    clutchology101
    KaoticWVUFan7
    QJBeat
    bestactaround
    OptimusMagnum
    TheRealHalupka
    XLenceofXQtion
    brizz98
    JSimms
    MrWitness36
    ThatCoolBlackGuy
    SimFBallCritic
    pollux2
    BrownsTillDeath
    charter04
    ZCar352
    Anthrax78
    sschevyridah
    COACH RUCKUS
    MGovier
    RICO SUAVE
    JavierJAlen
    Singlewinghog

Link for the CCM Manual:

http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/M13ConnectedCareersManual.pdf

2. Dboyfresh209

Dboyfresh209 Walk On

I'm ready this year and especially how deep CCM is. Man this is definately gotta be the new standard for sports franchise modes. Being that this is CCM's first year I can only imagine what Josh Looman has in store for next year. But besides that I just want to extend my gratitude in being able to be in the league, I was a late addition to the Madden 12 "SimStandard" league and was making sure I was one of the first to get in on Madden 13 league.

To better aquaint myself with the other users, I go by dboyfresh209 on XBL, dpad89 on YouTube, and @dannyboy209 on Twitter. My schedule for the most part is open, and will keep everyone informed if anything is conflicting. I'm going to school and working on trying to get into Law School. I do have a job but I'm always open anytime during the day just as long as I get a heads up a day in advance. Sim Gamer for life and play no other way.

Its that time for everyone to get active in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  3. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I to am very excited for this years game. As I read through the CCM manual the other day, I got more excited with every page. This is finally the franchise mode I have been waiting for since I started playing video game football with John Elways QB. When I got Tecmo Super Bowl and it kept stat's for the whole year I was hoked on video game football for life. Now I am seeing what I wanted back then finally starting to happen. Thanks for letting me be a part of the SimStandard league. I have been watching the YouTube video's for a while now so this is pretty cool.

I have a pretty flexible schedule so I can play most nights. Sometimes in the day too. I am a pastor of a smaller church so I set my own office hours. I also have a wife and two kids but, I see them most of the day and they go to bed around 7 every night. I can also play some online games with who ever just for fun. My XBL GT is xXCharter04Xx.

Looking forward to this league.

• Like Like x 1
  4. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

Looking through the info on CCM really gets me excited. It's a whole new dynamic to the game, makes it more than just playing. You really have to work on your team. I can't wait til the game drops and I get my copy. I'm excited for this game all the way around this year. First time in a long time I've been this excited for Madden.

I am available everyday. I know my work schedule up to 3 weeks in advance so I can schedule games pretty well ahead of time. My work schedule varies as I work in retail, yay me, but usually get off work between noon-5 pm. Occasionally I work late and get off between 8-10.

I love the sim play and feel this game will really emphasize on realistic football. At least I hope so anyway.

My GT is EGC RAVEN EC

Twitter: RaveNeff0_o

AIM: lRlavelNl (l=L)

• Like Like x 1
  5. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

never been this excited about a madden game. i was still playing 2k5 on the regular.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

This is the Franchise mode that we ALL have been waiting for. Its so in depth that I might have to rethink the 48 hour advance schedule that we kept with Madden 12. We will see how it goes though but you all are going to love this game. If ANY game to where you should be in a League with good people; THIS is the one. Welcome to the New members and glad to have you all aboard.

• Like Like x 1
  7. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

I heard great things about TSS and TSO from a few members in an interview with ZFarls and SGibbs I believe it was. They were talking SIM vs. Freestyle play. Glad to be a part of it now and can't wait to get the season kicked off.

• Like Like x 2
  8. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Yep that was SimFBallCritic & Smitty. I had that same discussion with Farls & Gibbs when I was down at CD. A very valid discussion. You will enjoy the gameplay in this League and if not, you let me know and we will take the appropriate steps to rectify the situation.

9. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

Yeah, that's it haha couldn't remember their names for anything. I'm sure I will enjoy the league. Everyone seems to be pretty chill here at TSO. I've noticed a few trolls but that is to be expected and seems to be out of fun and not ignorance.

10. MGovier

MGovier Walk On

hell yeah me too!

11. OptimusMagnum

OptimusMagnum Walk On

I am such a noob at these Forum sites, I really need to start researching these better, lol

12. Dboyfresh209

Dboyfresh209 Walk On

Lol don't worry bro so am I but I've been a recent poster as much as I can. Fan of your vids bro, so have you attempted the doritos locos challange again after that?

13. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

lol....Once you get used to it, you will be ok. Everybody has to start somewhere OM! Your 49ers are sick BTW even though you get to see that in the Demo.

14. OptimusMagnum

OptimusMagnum Walk On

Hell no, no more Tacos from taco Bell for me, I hate fast food, lol and yes Azure I played the demo, I have a question on the settings u play on for best A.I. Realism and Gameplay, I wanna adjust the sliders so that I get a quality opponent when playing the A.I.

15. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Are you beating the crap out of the CPU? lol. Stop cheesin! LOL...j/k. Yeah man..we can rap about it.

16. OptimusMagnum

OptimusMagnum Walk On

LOL, I was on All Pro, but on Hall of Fame, I got my Ass handed to me, I couldnt even get a pass off or run, lol It was like they knew the plays b4 I called em, hahahaha

17. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Well we will be playing on All-Pro, Game Speed: Slow & Speed Threshold 75. Try those settings and let me know how you feel.

18. OptimusMagnum

OptimusMagnum Walk On

I thought the speed threshold should be 0 so u dont get the drag effect/or player stoppage when running, if its on 0 doesnt it display speed parity? Now i'm confused

19. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

I like it on 0 but it creates to big of a speed disparity; i.e. people would just be after speed players and thats it. But I love the way the game plays on 0 speed threshold.

20. clutchology101

clutchology101 Walk On

thats all people are after anyways is speed lol

21. OptimusMagnum

OptimusMagnum Walk On

so if its on 75 tho, I wouldnt like a player w/ 70 speed catching me on an INT when i'm a LB w/ 90 spd like Patrick Willis, it happened to me last year, lol That Cool Black Guy caught me w/ a OL when I INT a pass with Aldon Smith, I laughed but I was pissed, lol maybe we should experiment w/ those tweeks? Or u have already? No disrespect at all, cuz I know u know a lot about Madden, even more than me, I just want realism to be in full effect for Sim Standard Football, cuz I love playing like this and being in this league.

22. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

We can poll it. I mean I am definitely for 0 threshold. The game plays a lot cleaner IMO on 0. To me the NFL is about guarding against "elite" speed when you have to guard it. You have to know who is on the field and who can beat you with speed.

23. clutchology101

clutchology101 Walk On

i am with optimus here if u dont want ppl just goin for speed shouldnt be at like 50 right in the middle cuz wouldnt 75 make so there is almost no speed differnece between say oline and randy moss?

24. OptimusMagnum

OptimusMagnum Walk On

yea if ur down to poll it, i dont mind it, I just hope peeps including myself know how to guard speed, w/e defense the SB Champ from last year used, my god he guarded everything, really tough to even get a 1st down against him, idk what it was, he was too damn good

25. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Nah, Im not gonna put it in the middle. Ive been playing with 75 and its pretty good. My problem with threshold being higher is it makes players who would not normally be in position to be in position. Ive been having this debate on twitter for days now. There's the argument that the speed disparity in the NFL is not as big as in College (and I agree) that players are only a "few" steps faster as opposed to being strides faster. People against 0 threshold say there are too many "big plays" on 0 but I beg to differ...but then again I am minding the players on the field so Im not going to leave Hester in 1 on 1 coverage with no safety over top.

Then there's my argument of I want fast players to be fast and I want the "true" speed rating to shine through like it does on 0. To me a 75 speed LB should be able to cover a 90 speed WR or even really be right there with him. Play around with the settings in the Demo and let me know.