Countdown to NCAA '12

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by JerzeyReign, May 28, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Why not? Let's add something about the player your posting so we can learn a little about a player we may have overlooked.​

47 Days Left!
    Clay Matthews, USC LB

[​IMG]

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

@hammerhead1010

I don't think you got it...

Clay Matthews was #47... 47 days till release
    Now we need a #46... 46 days till release

3. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

46 Days left!!!
    #46 Bob Ferguson, FB, Ohio St, 1959-1961
    [​IMG]

- College Football Hall of Fame
    - UPI Player of the Year (1961)
    - 1961 Heisman Trophy runner-up
    - 1961 Unanimous All-American selection
    - Maxwell Award (1961)
    - 1961 Ohio State football MVP
    - Ohio State football All-Century Team in 2000

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Oops,

I'll be on stand by until 18 days left (y)

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

45 Days Left!!!!

#45 - Penn State LB Sean Lee

[​IMG]

One of Linebacker U's best defensive players, Sean Lee played 3 great seasons as a Nittany Lion starting LB. In his college football career, Lee acquired 324 total tackles, 10 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and 3 interceptions. The Penn State linebacker was announced All-Big10 5 times and was the 2007 Alamo Bowl Defensive MVP, a 24-17 PSU victory over the Texas A&M Aggies. Lee was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2nd round of the 2010 NFL Draft. In his rookie season for the Cowboys, Lee totaled 32 tackles, 2 INTs (1 for a TD), and 1 forced fumble. His 2 interceptions and TD return came in the Cowboys week 13 meeting with the Indianapolis Colts in the Cowboys overtime win.​

6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

@Cimmy

Dude um, wouldn't a two time Heisman winner be a better #45 than this dude? :D

• Like Like x 4
  7. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

44 Days Left
    #44 Jim Brown - Syracuse
    [​IMG]

As a sophomore at Syracuse University, Brown was the second leading rusher on the team. As a junior, he rushed for 666 yards (5.2 per carry). In his senior year, Brown was a unanimous first-team All-American. He finished 5th in the Heisman Trophy voting, and set school records for highest rush average (6.2) and most rushing touchdowns (6). He ran for 986 yards—third most in the country despite Syracuse playing only eight games—and scored 14 touchdowns. In the regular-season finale, a 61–7 rout of Colgate, he rushed for 197 yards, scored six touchdowns and kicked seven extra points for 43 points (another school record). Then in the Cotton Bowl, he rushed for 132 yards, scored three touchdowns and kicked three extra points.

Brown was taken in the first round of the 1956 draft by the Cleveland Browns.[7] He departed as the NFL record holder for both single-season (1,863 in 1963) and career rushing (12,312 yards), as well as the all-time leader in rushing touchdowns (106), total touchdowns (126), and all-purpose yards (15,549).

• Like Like x 2
  8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

No.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Lol - homer!

10. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

You need to post that tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    We gotta get this started up again since today marks 30 days before realease. Here my contribution:

[​IMG]
    1983 Heisman Winner Mike Rozier​

• Like Like x 2
  13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I loved all those sweet RB from the 80's , don't make em like that anymore :(

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Dont'a Hightower

donta-hightower.jpg

Sorry to post a vid but I love this highlight. Watch the RT and how far he is shoved by Hightower.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

If I were not at work right now I would nominate my main man Al Bundy from Polk High as honorable mention for #33 lol

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

@Papa Perry , for what its worth I think a lot of D1 LB's can blindside a lineman and knock them on their ass. That said, I really like Hightower.

And as a Husker fan, I can't sopt @Big Suge Knight 's #30, but:

[​IMG]

#30 Ahman Green! Lots of you know him from his Green Bay days, and he is still bouncing around the NFL (no pun intended) today.

Green was born in Omaha, Nebraska and just seemed meant to be destined to be a Husker. Green went on to be one of the best running backs in Nebraska history, a big accomplishment at a school with a long tradition of great runners!

17. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I can't think of anyone for 29. lol

18. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    EricTurner.jpg #29

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

lol, he pretty much got blindsided.

20. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

#29 - Leon Hall
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    College career

As a freshman at Michigan, Leon Hall played in all 13 of his team's games and made three starts. He finished the year with 26 tackles and three interceptions. Hall was a first-team All-American freshman.
    In his sophomore season, Hall once again played all the Wolverines' games, making nine starts. Hall totaled 48 tackles, two interceptions, and recovered two fumbles.
    In 2005, Hall started all 12 games on the Michigan schedule, registering 61 tackles, two sacks, four interceptions, a forced fumble, and one recovered fumble. He was named to the All-Big Ten Conference Second Team.
    Hall started all 13 games as a senior in 2006. He intercepted three passes including one against the Notre Dame and another against the cross-state rival Michigan State. Hall led the Big Ten in pass breakups with 18, tying Michigan record set by Marlin Jackson in 2002, and recorded 35 tackles. Hall was a unanimous choice for the All-Big Ten Conference First Team and contended for a number of national awards. He was a finalist for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, and a quarterfinalist for theLott Trophy. Hall also was first team AFCA All-American.
    Hall is Michigan's all-time leader with 43 passes broken up. He is tied for fourth on Michigan's career interception list with 12, and set a school record with an 83-yard fumble return against Northwestern in 2005.
    College awards and honors

National awards
    Conference honors
    • 2004 All-Big Ten Conference Honorable Mention (coaches and media)
    • 2005 All-Big Ten Conference Second Team (coaches and media)
    • 2006 All-Big Ten Conference First Team (coaches and media, both unanimous)

I'll do my best to keep Michigan alive in here... Thank you wikipedia for summarizing nicely for me...

• Like Like x 2
  21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Leon Hall... one of my favorite Wolverines... wow, I think he's third behind Charles Woodson and Tshimanga "Tim" Biakabutuka... wait, Hart is up there too... anyway, Hall is one of my favorite Wolverines of All Time

• Like Like x 2
  22. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

#28 Robert Timberlake - QB
    [​IMG]

One of the great quarterbacks in Michigan history. Big Bob - six feet, four inches tall, weighing 210 - guided the Wolverines to the Big Ten and Rose Bowl crowns. A mainstay for three seasons. Total offense mark of 1,381 yards for the regular season was second highest in Michigan annals. Earned the Chicago Tribune's Silver Football as MVP of the Big Ten Conference and made practically every All-American team. Playing in 217 minutes, he scored 80 points on eight touchdowns, four field goals and 20 conversion kicks. Placed on Big Ten All-Academic team as was named scholar-athlete by National Football Association.

Other facts
    • 4th place in 1964 Heisman Trophy Voting
    • In 1964, Timberlake led the Wolverines football team to their first Big Ten Conference championship since 1950,[5] breaking the longest championship drought in school history. Playing quarterback, Timberlake's total offense of 1,381 yards (807 passing and 574 rushing) was the second highest in Michigan history at that time. The 1964 Wolverines outscored their opponents 235–83, finished the regular season 8–1,[6] and narrowly missed an undefeated season with a 21–20 loss to a Purdue Boilermakers team led by sophomore Bob Griese.[7] By virtue of turnovers, Purdue led 21–14 with five minutes remaining. Timberlake ran an option play to the left side and went 54 yards for a touchdown. Rather than kick the extra point for the tie, Timberlake carried again on the option play to the right, but was tackled one foot short of the goal line, and two points short of an undefeated season. When Michigan and Ohio State met in Columbus, Ohio on November 21, 1964, both teams were in the Top 10 in the national rankings. Michigan had not beaten Ohio State since 1959. Michigan won 10–0, as Ohio native Timberlake was responsible for all ten points, including a 17-yard touchdown pass to Jim Detwiler and a fourth-quarter, 27-yard field goal to clinch the game.
    • In an article concluding that Timberlake may have been the worst placekicker in NFL history, the writer concluded: "Timberlake’s 1-for-15 performance makes him look like a laughingstock. He’s better remembered as one of Michigan’s great quarterbacks, a Rose Bowl hero who might have had what it took to be a fine pro quarterback or running back. It’s a shame he was asked to do what he couldn’t."
    • Ordained Presbyterian minister after football career.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Javier Arenas

Played well in the secondary in his tenure at Alabama but was more well known for his ability to return kicks and punts. Real interesting how his career blossomed considering he nearly quit playing football either his soph or fresh year.

JavierArenas.jpg

24. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

MArshall Faulk
    San Diego State

• In 37 carries against the University of the Pacific, he racked up 386 yards and scored seven touchdowns, both records for freshmen (the 386 yards were then an NCAA-record) in his second collegiate game.
    • Runner up to Gino Torretta for the 1992 Heisman.
    • 2nd Overall pick in 1994 NFL draft

• Like Like x 3
  25. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

To this day I still cannot believe Torretta won the Heisman over Faulk...