Countdown to release thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, Feb 17, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

I figured instead of posting various topics about videos,screens,gameplay, etc we can discuss anything pertaining to the show in this thread. So fire away guys as were about 3 weeks away and hope to see a demo out on the PS store soon. 1 other thing, not sure if you guys pay as much attention to detail as I do but this year you can mix match hats/tops/bottoms when selecting uniforms this year which i think is a solid addition.

[​IMG]

Also love this helmet shot

[​IMG]

2. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Stat splits can now be displayed:

[​IMG]

Now in the batter walkup there are stats splits, like vs. Righties and vs. Lefties, as seen with LaRoche here. It seems like there are also an increased number of blurbs at the bottom of the display with career numbers and so-forth, not to mention increased sharpness of the overlay graphics.

[​IMG]

Manny being Manny in a Rays uni [​IMG]

3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

4. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Everything is looking really great. The new overlays look very crisp. I hadn't heard about the ability to choose the hat, shirt, and pants individually. That is a good tidbit.

5. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Wow cool uni customization.. yeah those stats look great. Nice screen shots. That's looking sweet.

6. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    the nats overpaid for werth so bad lol

don't get me wrong, he is a solid player. i hope that doesn't turn into the soriano deal my cubs did.

7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

_MG_ you ready for the strikeout king Carlos Pena and the wild Matt Garza lol. Real baseball aside last year in the show Matt Garza was the most inconsistent and wild. You could aim right down the middle and it would be 3 feet high or outside.

8. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Something I noticed on gamestop's website... its called Mauer mondays.. in the mondays leading up to the release they release info about the game, tips, there is going to be a gameplay video next week.. check it out..

There is a pitching video out now..

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/mlb-2011-the-show/default.aspx

1 - Pure Analog Controls - Pitching

Pure Analog Pitching allows users to control pitch height, location, and velocity with the right analog stick. Pulling down on the right analog stick begins the pitcher's delivery as a ball icon moves gradually downward towards a yellow line that represents your ideal pitch height. Time it such that you push the stick upward at precisely the time the ball icon hits this yellow line. Inside-outside pitch location is a result of the direction you push the right analog stick up. How hard you flick the right stick up will determine how much effort the pitcher will put into the throw. Your timing, accuracy, and speed are all taken into account when delivering a pitch with Pure Analog Pitching.

2 - Pure Analog Controls - Hitting

To use the new Pure Analog Hitting system, simply pull back on the R-stick to stride and push forward in the direction of the incoming pitch to drive through the ball. Be sure to time your stride just as the pitcher releases the ball, a poorly timed stride will result in a less powerful swing. Don't try to hold you're stride back just waiting for the pitch - you'll lose power! Time it like a real swing and begin your stride as the pitcher's getting ready to deliver! Getting that solid hit has never been so rewarding!

3 - Pure Analog Controls - Throwing

Pure Analog Throwing offers a new way to experience fielding in The Show, as you can now control both the accuracy and power behind your throws. Push the analog stick towards any base to release your throw, or hold L1 while pushing the stick in any direction to throw the ball from the outfield to the cutoff man. Holding the stick longer will put a little extra mustard on the ball, but make sure to keep your throws accurate by pushing the analog stick in a straight line. Keep in mind that you can adjust Analog Throwing difficulty to make your experience more enjoyable. With a little practice, you'll be filling up your trophy cabinet with gold gloves in no time!

4 - Challenge of the Week

Challenge of the Week: Challenge of the Week (CotW) is an arcade inspired baseball challenge! Your pitcher and batter will change for each new CotW. Learning your batter's strengths and weaknesses within practice mode will give you an advantage and help direct your approach at the plate. Bonuses are another extremely important factor to consider for achieving a high score in CotW - make sure know what each Bonus is each and every week and adjust your strategy accordingly.

9. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Sorry if that is a repost of stuff you all have seen before. Was new to me.

10. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I saw this late last night. Im still not big on the analog controls for pitching, just and up down motion no matter what pitch. Its basically the same as the meter but instead of holding down a button your pushing the analog down then up on the sweetspot for maximum effort.

11. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Pena is always good in the game, most high power low average guys are for whatever reason. As for Garza, should be fun! :) I am already used to having wild pitchers with Zambrano in my rotation every year lol

12. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Well, at least its something new.. it gives a little more action than just pressing a button.

13. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

hah not like I can talk. With Santana out till the all star break im looking at Mike Pelfrey, Jonathan Niese, the Knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, injury prone Chris Young, and then probably Oliver Perez.

14. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I think Pelfrey is going to be a stud this year, not sure why. R.A. Dickey is solid and if CHris Young stays healthy he is a very good #4 for you guys. Oliver Perez is...Oliver Perez lol

15. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

This clip explains the new camera editor and shows some of the new pitching views.

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

yea, I wished the Nats coulda kept Dunn and got Werth also. killer lineup with Zimmerman, Dunn, Werth, Willingham and LaRoche. oh well now its Zimmer, Werth and LaRoche with Pudge sprinkled in... I wonder if I will be able to bring young rook Bryce Harper up lol

17. KnightNoles

18. KnightNoles

19. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Knight, that young Nationals team just keep slooking better and better. If Strasburg can live up to the hype and stay healthy he is going to be an ace for years to come

20. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Agreed. Not only that, but it seems like location may be a little more sketchy depending on where you end up with the RA stick in the vecinity of your target (LA stick) on the upward motion. I guess I'll have to try it, but I'm doubtful that my sausage fingers will like the new feature.

21. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

sausage fingers lol [​IMG]

22. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I like analog for hitting, it feels more natural. Not so much for pitching but we will see. I am more than open to trying it though because I have a lot of faith in the devs. I hadn't bought a baseball game in years before The Show 09.

The good thing is they left the option to go back to classic controls.

23. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I am excited to use it for throwing around the horn I think that will be fun.

24. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

CANT WAIT *bart scott voice* to throw the rock by everyone the most!

throw them Ks up!

25. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Isn't Strasburg out all year? Or am I horribly misinformed.