Countdown to The E '14 Kickoff

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

I have decided that invites will be sent out Sunday night at 10:00 pm EST since bigrice won't have xbox access until sometime that evening and I would like us ready to go. I will give everyone until midnight EST Monday (technically Tuesday) to complete their Pre-Season activities. Until then, here are the following settings for The Experience 2014.

1) Difficulty

Offense: Heisman
    Defense: Heisman
    User vs User: Heisman

2) In Game

Qtr Length: 7 Min
    Game Speed: Normal
    Threshold: 30

3) Sliders/Penalties

Sliders will only be a factor in CPU games and since we will have a minimal amount of those this time around I am still working on which ones I want to use. Broth, I Peench (I think theirs are the same though) and iBleedOrange all have sliders out. I encourage everyone to test them and see which plays better. Use even teams. Still working on Penalties, all the ones I have tested seem pretty fair.

4) Rosters

Download the ones from either I Peench or RRAHx2 and take a look at your team. PM me (do not tag me here with changes) any changes that you would like made to your team such as a player at the wrong position, a player that is not on the team that should be or the player isn't on the team IRL. Things like that. I WILL NOT be messing with ratings or small shit like where the player is from. If you do not PM me any changes then I will not make any and you will forever hold your peace.

5) Coach Progression

We will be going on slow and starting from Level 1. There will be no respecs but you are free to spend your points wherever you want, but make sure you are satisfied. Don't come crying to me if you made a mistake or regret a decision. The initial perks aren't that great so you will have to deal with them if you want the really good stuff. All TimeSavers and such will also be off, we have never used them and never will.

6) Custom Conferences

iBleedOrange showed me a setup and I agree with it mostly except for the fact that some of the Independents were moved that are not moving anywhere IRL and Cincinnati and UConn did not actually join the ACC. If that becomes true rather than rumor I will make the changes accordingly. I will most likely make the changes as they should IRL, such as Louisville moving in 2014. Obviously Maryland and Rutgers will be moved early though.

Start working on Previews and all other content! I will put up a new Recruiting thread once we are in Week 1. If I have forgotten anything I'm sure one of you will not hesitate to let me know ;). Reread our League Description if you want to, good way to refamiliarize yourself with our rules.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I think we'll have more CPU games than you realize (or at least I wouldn't call it minimal). We'll all have 3 OOC CPU games, 1 division CPU game, and the possibility for a cross divisional CPU game. So we'll all have at least 4 CPU games and some of us will have 5, not counting bowl games.

Also, as far as getting good sliders going, if all the custom conference settings work correctly, then everyone's first 3 games should be CPU games.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

I don't plan on going easy with the sliders but you make a good point.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

They wont :D

5. Hova

We waiting till Sunday night for roster edits? If everyone is happy with rosters any chance we get invites out earlier? Just more time to go through the recruiting board.

• Like Like x 1
  6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I agree with Hova. Maybe send out the invites early and we wait until Monday since BigRice won't be here

7. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Third on that send them out tonight and let everyone else get their stuff in order. Then we can wait on 1 instead 12.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I work all day long, both jobs. Won't be home until after 1am EST. If I feel up to it I can get on and send invites tonight if that it what you all want.

• Like Like x 5
  9. jello1717

I'll check out Peech's rosters and check them out today (although I'll admit I don't think I'd really know if anything was wrong).

10. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Sounds good,
    Anyway i can access those rosters on via an excell doc? I Peench, i wanna set up my dynasty tracker and i dont have xbox access.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Get some rest over-worked. I won't be able to get on until tomorrow. The wife Shanghai'd me into helping host the monthly "neighbor" party tonight. Which basically means a bunch of adults getting drunk where they can stumble home.

12. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Not that I know of

13. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

cooo, did you get the names from the official team sites? i might just start from there

14. I Peench

They aren't my rosters, nor are they RRAH's. I just made some slight edits to G DA BLACKSMITH. ie removed Everett Golson and replaced him with an incoming freshman MLB

• Like Like x 1
  15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Still going to advance to Week 1 on Monday so it's up to you when you join up this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Yes for invites, I want to look at everything cause there's a broadcast taking place Sunday and it would be nice for that to be up

17. jello1717

If I feel like it I can start an OD with those rosters, download them, and save them to a google doc.

I'm not promising anything but I'll probably feel like it tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I Peench

I have had ZERO luck starting an OD, as I keep getting errors while setting it up.

19. jello1717

I haven't tried in a couple of days but I've tried it twice with no issues before (and even simmed through an entire season).

Obviously these weren't with your rosters though.

20. HoundsOfHowl

No problems with me either setting mine up

21. jello1717

I Peench bigrice25 I was unable to create an OD with Peench's rosters.

I didn't try anyone else's today so I don't know if the difference between now and my previous success is the roster or just the time of the week.

22. Hova

Seems like those rosters are glitched. Reminds me of the pasta padre early roster that boned everything a few years back.

23. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Cooo, thanks for trying though Jello, im about to get on the road anyway, ill probably grind through rosters on avid sunday.

24. HoundsOfHowl

I was using Rrahx2 's rosters when I started my OD

25. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I just created an OD with Peench rosters and had no issues. I downloaded them around 5pm today, loaded them from the file manager and created with no issues.