Counters

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by CribbsStyle, Jul 19, 2010.

1. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Counters

Anyone else having trouble stopping counters? I've tried several different D's, and it seems people can run counters on me all day long. The last two games I've played online, it was counter this way, counter that way. Seemed like there was nothing I could do.

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Alright. I have looked more closely when I have been running the counter and here is something a little bit more in depth.

The most important player is your play side DE. If he gets any penetration, the back isn't going to really have anywhere to go. If you blitz on the play side, your backers can get past the LoS before the pulling players get there.

Almost always, there will be a gap on the backside (depends on the offensive and defensive formations where it is). If you blitz through that gap, you're going to get a tackle in the backfield as soon as the back starts going in one direction. You can also bring a FAST guy around the back on the backside to come underneath and make the tackle if your guy is fast enough / their guy isn't too fast.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

One thing I have noticed is that if you have your playside S in man covering the HB he will usually blow up a slower developing run play(counter stretch etc) especially if they run it to the weak side

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The CPU blows them up from time to time. I run quite a few, and it seems like the OLB can shoot the gap and come in behind the pulling blocker/s and cause some trouble. But I think this only happens if he's blitzing. Other than that, I just do what I always do on outside runs - string it out if I can. If I can't, I try to get outside the runner and force him to cut it up, so my help can get there.

I typically do this playing one of the safeties.