Country Club Events for Season Ticket Holders?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by SkinniePost, Mar 23, 2012.

1. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

Does anyone have any ideas?

It looks like we can set some preliminary stuff up for fun, prior to the full release... What new features or courses would people like to try out?

2. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I think you should set up some shorter daily tourneys, 1-2 rounds, on different courses with some different settings for each one. So we can test some of this stuff out in the CC format. If you can do a normal tourney in the weekly slot then that is great too. Use what you guys think should be the starting settings for us in that longer tourney and try some of the variations in the short ones. Make sure the courses are of different degrees of difficulty....you know the drill I'm sure.

I think if you try to do full on 4 round tourneys all weekend you will get less of a response than if you make them shorter for us to complete.

3. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

Good call Unc... Also a heads up to everyone else, we are going to test all of the settings in the first week after release, so no one will miss the process and everyone will get a chance to comment on what they think.

Looks like we will basically just start the process early ;)

This pre-test period will only be from tonight till Monday, then we will continue with the plan that was already in place. So with that in mind, are there any specific courses or settings you would like to try out? Basically we got 3 Daily Events, and a 3 Day Long Weekly we can set up without interfering with the regular schedule...

4. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

Looks like xyz is already rolling with the PS3 Club settings, so we will follow his lead and for sure set up a Daily Event for tomorrow that uses Tournament swing with the Meter OFF ;)

5. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I guess I would just say make sure that one of the courses is tough on the greens, another tough off the tee and with the irons, lots of bunkers with one, always deep 2nd cut, stuff like that so we have to work at all/most of the different swings. For sure sticking to Tour Pro and Tournament difficulty, I don't think we need concern ourselves with weather settings, I would keep them sunny and calm, swing meter on and off for sure as you have already said.

6. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Since we are doing this to mostly get familiar with the game,I suggest you guys play the one tomorow with stock golfers instead of the CAGs.You try to play this with a CAG that's in the 20s it will be a long day.

Oh almost forgot.If you had TW12 and still have the CAG info on your hard drive make sure you import some XP when creating your golfer this year!!!It will save you some time!!!

7. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    My apologies to all the PS3 guys!
    I wasn't paying attention setup all 3 tournaments with the green grids 'OFF' (or never thought it'll be 'off' by default)
    This was a mistake on my part and we are not planning to have it that way for the season!!!
    At least I learned a lesson to pay closer attention when setting up a tournament,as once it's setup you can't change it

8. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

Here is a Preliminary Concept... I will set these up as soon as the download is allowed to start up, so feel free to comment before then. Also, the new pins, putt preview, ball spin and caddy will be turned off, but the green grid will be left on, hehe

And the rough will be left as long as possible to help people work on adjusting the non-swing stick on the Strike Meter...

And also the Daily events will run from 6PM till 6PM the next day, except the last Daily which will get cut-off on Tuesday morning at 6AM by EA stopping the Season Ticket functionality. The Weekly will run the entire time and be 4 rounds. As far as number of tries, I was going to leave that open to as many as you want to try, and only one submission. This will not be the normal process, since we will be using only one attempt once the game comes out, but I figured we might keep it as open as possible for the Pre-Testing period.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  9. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Nice. Can't wait to try this out.

10. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Is it 6 yet? This is going to be a LONG ass Friday afternoon at work.......

• Like Like x 2
  11. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

I'm at home and it isn't going by any faster... And of course my wife will probably want to watch TV all nite too, maybe I need to get her some sleeping pills, hehe

12. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Now just imagine being at the office all day........EVEN LONGER, lol

I already told my girlfriend starting from the time I get out of work, it's going to be a Tiger night........and we'd go out for dinner Saturday night, compromises.....lol

13. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I was looking at the set up tournaments part, maybe I missed it, but is there a way to set up different conditions for each round of the weekly tournament?

14. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

I have to wait until 11pm after I get out of work. *sigh*

15. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

No JClutch, only way to do that would be Live Weather...

16. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

This has got be the best time of the year, baseball's in the air (been to 4 spring training games, Tigers look good....), Augusta is less than a month away, and hockey playoffs will be heating up in a few weeks.....and I'll be playing TW by tonight if this day ever ends....

PS - yes, I'm bored at work.....

17. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

I set them up and all went well... They look good on the calender. Only thing I wish I had tried, but was confused by the setting, was Random Wind. It only said Random by the toggle under weather, and I figured it would be Random Weather... But it looks like, when you go back and review the settings, it is random wind. We will try this next week, and I would expect it won't make much difference, since we are only allowing one try. It probably changes the wind directions from attempt to attempt to make course mapping harder... But we will still test it out to see what happens.

The only other error in the spreadsheet, which was caught... Related to the pins for the Weekly event. They need to start on easy and then will change and get harder each round. If they are set to anything else they don't rotate correctly. So at Crooked Stick you can expect them to go from easy to medium, hard and then expert.

Oh yeah, and they are all from the Black tees, but I figured that was a no brainer :)

18. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

Hang in there Dub... You could always play a round on the stupid Facebook golf game by EA. The Skills Challenge thing works on there, so you would sort of be starting to build up your CAG, haha

19. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

That's what I was wondering about. Good to see that is how it works.