couple questions re:upcoming offseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by saintsdave75, Nov 7, 2010.

1. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

1. how is the modifier locking period affected now that the draft comes before free agency?

2. when is the exact deadline for when season 4 cuts cap hits can be made where the cap hit does not carry over to next season? (week 17 advance to postseason or after omfl bowl)

3. can new owners of Colts, Packers and Vikings begin overseeing their new teams now?

This is just some lingering things off the top of my head, I apologize is these were already decided and I flaked on it

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

1. After progression/regression, modifiers are changed, then locked until after free agency. Same as before, just reversing the order of the draft/FA.

2. I say OMFL Bowl week. If they cut to 53 before OMFL bowl week starts, cap hit is for this season.

3. All teams out of playoffs and in agreement to swap teams should start working their new teams immediately.

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

that was quick

one last question: are we locking recently cut free agents to prevent playoff teams from picking them up or not? A few starter players were just cut tonight.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

no, they are fair game

5. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I too have a question - are the mandatory player releases (3 of top 20) based off current ratings or post-progression ratings?

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Post-progression ratings. So, you can't really figure them out just yet

7. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

OK, that's what I thought...thanks!

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

IMO, I think we should NOT ALLOW any playoff teams to sign FA that were cut once playoffs started. ALL OTHER FAs are fair game but noth the players recently cut.

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I agree. Since the playoffs have started, 4 starting level players have been cut, with overalls of 75, 76, 83, 84.

One way that we can "lock" these players from being picked up by playoff teams is to ask that the teams cutting them not remove them from the roster in the game, at least until after the OMFL bowl. That way they don't show up on the list of free agents in the game. We can just note that they have been cut in the team front office threads and in the capbook.

10. natedawg212000

so you're saying that it locks all those fa's to everyone?

11. natedawg212000

thats fine with me. we need someone to clear that up for the league and make sure no one does that.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I honestly am cutting at least 1 guy - Shawn Springs (80 overall). I think Dave's idea is quality though - trouble is will teams remember to cut them after the OMFL Bowl? If not, then Nate will have to cut them (and more work for Nate).

13. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Nate doesn't have to do all of it, I've already gone in and cut the 2 guys from the Eagles that he announced but never released. Since I'm tracking the free agents anyway, I have no problem doing the releasing

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If you got no problem handling it, Dave, then go for it.

15. Jeremy

Allow the teams to cut the players physically that way we dont get into a big cluster with the caps in a week. just tell the playoff teams that they CANNOT sign a recently cut player to their roster. If they bid on one, our FA guy simply voids the bid.

EASY - JAPANESEY

16. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

and that's me

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Took the words out of my mouth, Dave.

Well, I'll be cutting two players soon. FYI

18. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

so should I announce this in the forum? Just to let the rest of the league know that these players are frozen, or just wait until someone tries to bid on one of them? Or I could post a list of those frozen free agents and update it accordingly

19. Jeremy

Announce.

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sorry, I said I was going to and completely forgot. Please, Dave, do so as head of free agency. That is your job, right? lol

21. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

yep, that's me, I made a post a few minutes ago and another post in the waiver wire forum with the list of frozen players

22. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay. No offense, I just can't remember with all the changes. lol

23. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! (Who wants to get in the circle with me :) )

24. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Another quick question: with the cuts going on right now, sincemost of them are starters, are the backup's modifiers now supposed to go up?

Example: Saints cut Tony Hargrove DT #2, so does this mean DeMario Pressley (previous #3 DT) now gets a modifier bump?

25. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yes. Until the new offseason starts, modifiers change accordingly. Once this offseason hits, modifiers will lock during the season.