Couple rule reminders on gameplay.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Oct 13, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Couple rule reminders on gameplay.

1. Please be mindfull of your playcalling, mix it up on O and D. Call man and zone, dont bump and blitz all game long. Dont throw nothing but slants and posts, run both inside and out.

2. Keep an eye on how far you drop back with the QB, anything over 7-10 yards is pushing it. The pass rush in this game isnt that great you dont need to keep dropping back, its just very unrealisitc you most likely already have too long to pass.

3. Be a good sport, dont quick snap the ball when someone is scrolling through defenders, call plays slower, try not to be in such a hurry. On O you get a chance to hot route, let the D have the same opportunity.

Thanks.

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Now only if I could actually play a game.... i would take cheese over the d/c's these days!

3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Funny, I think the pass rush is doing just great against me...... I do agree that it would be nice if people would allow you to flip you play. I've called nickel in against 3 wide and tried to flip the play to have my nickel back play the slot WR. Now, I im not complaining and it hasnt happened much in my two games. I dont have a complaint. only think it would be great if people would give time for some of those adjustments.

Now I do understand their are times that a "quick snap" is what happens in the NFL so again, I don't have a real gripe.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

See if someone snaps the balls when you can obviously see that you are flipping the play to me that stinks of win at all costs and its what TF or the OMFL are about.

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

my post wasnt meant at a slap at any of my opponents either. In their defense, it was the pace of the game. If you call plays and snap plays quick, you dont really think about it.

My complaint is about the game itself. It shouldnt take that long for the players to swap sides..... and dont even get me started with the slide protection....

6. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

When ever I see some one audible I will wait for their players to get where they are going. (Unless im racing againt the play clock.) Sometimes I do pick my offensive plays very quickly and I can be a very quick snapper, just because Im nervous and when im nervous im a button pusher. Sometimes I throw the ball right after a snap among other bad things that happen to me because of my button pushing. I agree about the dropping back 10 yards plus. I've had a couple of coaches do that against me early on this season and it just get annoying. It's one thing to back peddle because theirs a jail break up the middle, but everyplay once pressure finally gets near the QB gets a bit old and theres really no reason to be back peddling that far when theres no blitz even coming. I do think that some people probably don't even realize they are doing it. Just something to keep in mind while playing. I know I will try harder to not push buttons so quickly. People also need to message the player they are playing against if they see anything they feel is borderline or just str8 cheesy. So that player can realize what they are doing in case they just didn't really know.

7. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Posts and slants?? That was Madden 10! This is its all about the drag route.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

In Madden 10 your were able to see your opponent cycling through his players and you knew when he was set on his player and ready to go.

This year, the USER controlled defensive players are not highlighted and it makes it harder for offense to know when the USER is set.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Agree with you 100%. Most guys will say,"Im not going to say anything because Im going to win anyways." BUT, they end up losing and then the frustration kicks in & nothing good can come out of that.

PLEASE guys,regardless of score, if someone is doing something that you find is breaking or bending our rules simply pause and shoot him a quick,polite message. 9 out of 10 times the owner will apologize as he didnt even notice he was doing it or wasnt aware it was against our rules.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

I really like the feature that you can't see your defensive guy presnap. Definately adds to the strategy. As an example, you could tell the defense he was in by whether he played MLB or Safety, as certain players would only control guys who were in zones. So if he played the MLB, you could be almost certain that the MLB had a zone assignment and not a man one.

Love the new way.

11. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Isn't this the truth. Texans' 64 overall WR David Anderson (84 speed, 75 route running) BURNED Darrelle Revis on a drag in our game last night. :confused:

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Bigger question is why is Revis covering Anderson? lol

Just kidding Matt.

Gotta deal with what we have I guess. Mix it up folks.

13. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I suck at drags, throw is always behind the WR most of the time. Ever time I run a drag route im tackled the moment I catch the ball.

14. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

So how are you getting Steve Smith open?

15. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Andre Johnson was hurt. Moogle had a TE at #1 receiver so Revis was mostly lined up on him with Walter opposite and Anderson in the slot, but on his final drive Anderson was lined up alone on the right side and Revis was covering him.

Unlike last year, I've noticed that defensive assignments only make things worse. I wish they would fix it because there are times where you'll be a linebacker on a WR and your best corner on a TE. Waste.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah. Dunlap uses defensive assignments a lot if I'm not mistaken. May want to talk to him see how he does it.