Couple ?'s

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Daplaymaker, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

Couple ?'s

What are the rules about position changes in the off-season. I am thinking about switching to a 3-4, and in my past OD's i've changed DT's to DE's to beef up the front, and I've moved bigger (210 lbs +) safeties to OLB. Is this allowed in COTC?

Also

Can you use the gameplan feature on Def/Off in games??

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yeah there's no issue moving DT's to DE's for your 3-4 system. With OLB's they have to be at leat 215lbs and speed no higher than 92.

On the gameplan feature certain things are banned like jumping the snap i believe. Hood can give further clairfication on that.

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

No pass/run commit defensively, and starting next season there will be no "aggressive" gameplan on defense alllowed

4. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

ight, knew run commit was banned, i think every league has banned it from the start of the 2010 game came out after they all saw how much it made a difference. And if I somehow slip up on the pass commit it's my bad I know i've slipped up when trying to scan the field it's something that I am used to doing in another league where it's allowed, I know it happened like 2 times in both my user games so my bad to UT and UF.

5. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Yeah I know it happened in our game, but it happens time to time to me too. It's usually when I'm trying to shift my defense and hit the wrong stick or hit a button on accident that makes it focus on a receiver. As long as you aren't actively doing it, it's understandable.

6. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

another ?

Do we have a cap on five star recruits? I assume that we do not. I am in another league where they put it at five per year. It would help parity in the league and should be considered for next season.

7. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

We do. I believe it is 6.

8. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya I saw in a previous thread or somewhere that it was 6. For the gameplay is the offensive aggressive allowed? I didn't believe it was but I'm just trying to clarify.

9. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Allowed right now. But won't be next season. But I think I can speak for everyone when I say don't abuse it. Don't just put "jump the snap" on for 4 quarters. Use them only as a situational measure. I.E. you need the ball back with 1:30 left in the game the maybe go for the fumble or INT.

10. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Can we get a full updated list of rules? I guess I don't remember some of the gameplay ones, I don't even remember some things being brought up.

11. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya I don't use any on aggressive cause I thought they were already banned so it will be no big deal.

12. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I wasn't aware there was so much grey area on the rules...

No pass/run commit defensively

Can only sign six 5-stars

Can sign amount of players leaving +2 unless I've told you otherwise

For the remainder of this season the aggressive gameplan feature will be allowed but next year it won't

13. Iron Mickey

Hood we need to update the rules and add some of this stuff in when we get a chance. I would do it if I had the ability to. Especially the clarification on swaying players leaving that we had going into the last offseason.

14. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

hood you should post in the commish forums and give g-unit access to edit.. there is a thread bout it.. i gave the power to edit to frisk in evo.. it might help keep everything organized..

15. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Yes I was also wondering about players leaving early. I know in saturday heroes it's 95 or 90 if they won an award like Maxwell, heisman, walker, etc and you could always talk kickers into staying no matter what. But I never saw a definitive answer here.

16. Iron Mickey

Dont worry King, we will get these few things firmed up before the offseason. Hood always creates a "Offseason" Thread also.

17. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ok cool. I'm just trying to figure everything out so I can possibly back myself up in recruiting