Couple things I've noticed so far

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gt86, Aug 16, 2009.

1. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Couple things I've noticed so far

I've played about 6 or 7 games so far and I've notice a few things that we may need to look at beofre the league goes live.

First thing is the 3-4 defense we might need to tweak the blitzing rule since the Pb's that use the 3-4 has even more plays with a linebacker or two coming now. Since I use the Cowboys it's built for the 3-4 and so I have been using books for the 3-4 and I've noticed 90-95% off all the plays are sending someone besides the dline now. So we might have a few guys complaining about the amount of blitzing people are doing out of the 3-4 defense.

The 2nd thing is passes the the Rb's are pretty much money in this version. Even if you are in Man defense or cover 2 or any play that is suppose to cover the flat areas. Rb's are still open on quick flat passes and oretty much guarnetted 5 -10 yds each time and they never drop a pass even though they have lower catch ratings. I personally have throwing 3-4 60+ yd passes to Marion Barber on swing passes already on All pro setting.Don't know how we could limit this so guys are sitting there throwing to the Rb's most of the game. Might just be something we have to live with.

Also am I the only one that thinks drags and digs are even easier in this version than they were on 08 on the Pc and Man defense's and Dime defense's are pretty much useless , seems like you can passes vs they defense easier than before.

2. gt86

gt86 Walk On

On a different topic has anyone completed a fade yet near the endzone?

I've tried many times so far to Roy Williams since he's tall and suppose to be able to jump yet I haven't comepleted one of the jump fades in the endzone near the goalline like they do in the Nfl.

3. chrisdstan

chrisdstan Walk On

Yea we talked about it GT and I agree a little because you had great pts. I would rather play on the hardiest level so we can adjust to what the cpu does when we dont have control of the player. I did play on elite mode which is all madden 10mins and i really couldnt see a difference from all pro to madden. A pass to the rb does get completed easy down field alot but if he's open that's whats gonna happen. I played a guy who killed me with the chargers coming out of the backfield and man it was hard to stop. I will be playing most of the day and take focus on what GT is talking about so i will be back with a better report.

4. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Cool yeah it seems like even if your in man defense the defenders get lost in coverage when covering Rb's

5. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I seem to remember its not a blitz unless there are more than 4 rushing? very common in the 34 for any one of the LBs to be that 4th pass-rusher.

its blitzy when 5+ are coming. Having said that I havent Played am inute of online h2h since my copy is not here yet.

6. gt86

gt86 Walk On

that changed since you left

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yeah, couldnt agree more. The purpose of a 3-4 Defense is to send AT LEAST 4-5 defenders on a blitz on every play. In most cases in a 3-4 defense, you have 3-Dline men coming and 1 or 2 backers.

The 3-4 Defense is a PRESSURE defense. Anyone that knows football should know that. It's not a sit-back, conservative D.

I've been playing with this D since I got the game and it's just fine.

8. gt86

gt86 Walk On

In mega on the Pc we had to change the ruling from when Tiger was there . It use to be aslong as you didn't send more than 4 defenders it wasn't considered a blitz. Then later it had to be changed to if anyone besides a a defensive linemen was sent it was considered a blitz. Since we were using a limited outdated 2008 version of madden gameplay wise. we also had to limit the amount of blitzing we were allowed to do since it was so easy to get the the Qb on that version of the game. As a fan of a team that uses the 3-4 I know how the 3-4 is used Ware and the other Olb ( ellis last few years Spencer this year ) always came after the Qb and were hardly ever out in coverage. But we're talking about a game that had limitians in the past that were if you shift the dline or lbers a certain way you could get to the Qb and sack him on a constant basis even before he hands the ball off on running plays let alone sacked in a nano second on passing plays.

That all may change on this version of madden, but the game is still new so not all it's gameplay glitches have been found as of yet if any. So far I'd have to agree it seems fine right now it's not easy to get to the Qb if your not manually moving players pre snap and just using the built in shifting.