Couple things...

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

1) I am assuming that RynoAid is behind me when I say that I am officially adding fuzzyl0gic to what I'm unofficially calling the "TMFL Braintrust" - This is mostly a collection of the admin team and a couple other members that sit on the trade committee that help shape the direction of the league. With the growth of the TMFL this year, its become all too apparent that I cannot manage things on my own so I'm enlisting the help of Fuzzy, with his consent of course, to help maintain the league. Fuzzy already helps advance the league so this should be no surprise to anyone.

2) I am officially speaking with the aforementioned braintrust about a few topics including - 46 defense, delayed bump and run coverage and abuse of the tight end. I hope to reach a verdict on these soon so I can provide you all with some feedback.

3) Consider this your first and only warning on game recaps. With the help of Fuzzy I plan to literally be checking, week by week starting with week 10, who is writing recaps and who isn't. Remember, every game winner should be writing a recap. There are no CPU teams left (although some of them may be CPU at the time that you play them) so every game you win should have a recap. I'm going to start a weekly "slacker" thread notifying you if you have missed a recap. The content in this league is kind of a joke and we can never expect to be premier if I'm the only person generating any content or discussion.

4) We are going back to the old recap method, per Ryno. He has asked that we do this. That means I will be locking up the general Season 3 thread and you will now be required to create a new thread for recaps. Use common sense when creating your thread title - Week 11 Bills vs Miami - hopefully this makes sense to everyone.

5) The general advance schedule will try to stay on track as follows: Saturday day, Tuesday night, Thurs night. I know we have been off this schedule for a couple weeks but I'm trying to get us back to that point this week.

• Like Like x 3
  2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you finally took the bait.. nice job

• Like Like x 2
  3. Keller

At this juncture, I try making the least amount of assumptions possible.

4. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

What's the deal about the tight ends? Players have to learn about matchups and how to strategize around them. You can't trott a LB or Ss with terrible coverage skills and think that's gonna cut it. These guys are matchup nightmares and should be in Madden also. I just peaked at the stats and I don't really see anything crazy compared to M11.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Quit using the Winnebago man's vernacular

6. Keller

I dont know who the Winnebago man is, but I like him already.

7. Keller

Its just something I want to look at - don't worry about it unless I/Ryno say so. At this point, its just an exploration and discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Glad I can help.

9. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I was actually thinking about this the other day, and realize that by bringing it up I'm probably volunteering myself to contribute - setting 'beat writers' for each division and/or conference responsible for, at a minimum, season previews (predictions, off-season highlights, etc.) & mid-season reviews (key injuries, division/playoff race commentary, etc.) for their respective division and/or conference. I like the idea of this being a rotating responsibility, but understand that some owners don't necessarily have the time for such a task. The league I'm referring to actually had owners responsible for certain topics - one for award races, one for power rankings, etc. It was great while it lasted, but may have also contributed to some people being burnt out with too much to commit to.

Again, just a thought...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I hope the IRyno isnt some shitty new handheld that Emmdotfrisk is going to freak out about

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

lol, classic mustang

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

4-6 should not be used as your base defense.... using in short yardage or occasionally to change up a look is ok.

TE's can be utilized, but i don't want to see the TE and slot WR as your two biggest targets. You need to work your outside receivers into your passing game. If you struggle with that.. work on it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Keller

Here is the official rule I've added. Let me know if you'd like it modified or changed.

14. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

3-4 in the House!!

15. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Keller Ok, so with every win you should be writing a recap. I will start my recaps with my next win.

16. Keller

Any wins starting with week 10. (y)

17. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Damn, I had actually gotten pretty well with the 4-6 because using the talent I had it associated well for the 4-6 especially with athletic safeties I have before I left. It actually had some decent success against the Ravens, well I'll have to try and get back in the swing of things and the 4-3 again.