Cowboy's Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Dec 2, 2009.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Cowboy's Presser

Congrats on getting the job with the Cowboys

What are your goals of this season?

How far are you from competing for the big 12 or do you feel you are already there?

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Our goals are to come away with a Big 12 Championship. This will be the most difficult task for myself as a coach and for our football team. Fortunately we have the personnel to do it. This is the best Oklahoma State football team I have seen in years. Winning the Big 12 South will be a BCS playoffs in itself going through a gauntlet of Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas AM, and Baylor. We have good senior leadership in Zac Robinson and two powerful backs in Kendall Hunter and Keith Toston. We will need to capitalize on big plays and play conservative football.

I believe we are there. Our team is ranked #9 preseason and picked to finish 3rd in the Big 12. Ranking means nothing though we need to perform at a high level the entire year. We cannont let our guard down because we will get beat.

3. NDCOLTS1979

another nice win but what do you need to work on offensively to continue the wonderful play of your squad so far this season?

Slow starts may cost u early on is there something u are trying to tell ur squad to have them play the 1st half like the second half

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

We need to establish the passing game. Our stud Zac Robinson has only 250 yards passing in the first two games. The Big 12 is a big spread offense conference yet we find ourselves with a 3-1 ratio of run to pass. Our stellar backfield carries us and we will need to utilize our wideouts to beat teams like Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, and Texas AM. If we don not adjust it could be a disappointment of a season.

At this point it is becoming more of a relaxation and muscle memory issue. We know what we need to do but the past two games with have struggled finding our offensive identity until the second half. We need to work more on gameplan and strategize around our strengths and not the other teams weaknesses.

5. NDCOLTS1979

So far things are going well for you. You just won a heart breaker last week so how is your practice going for u this week heading into your game against Texas?

is your team ready for Texas right now?

Who has stepped up to replace Bryant and is he playing as well as Bryant would have?