Cowboys/ Raiders GAme----Need your input

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cadepetty247, Dec 14, 2009.

1. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Cowboys/ Raiders GAme----Need your input

Ok guys, me and the raiders have attempted to play 3 times yesterday and have had horrible lag. I played two games yesterday 1 madden game and experienced no lag so i dont know if its him or what. Although I am leaving tuesday afternoon for new york and we have scheduled a game for tonight.

But, after i pushed a restart when we just started the second half he didnt seemed happy so I am afraid he wont show and i wont be able to get this game in. The lag was so bad I could barley pick my play on defense before the time ran out.

He did post in our game time thread when he would be availible.

What I'm getting at that I have talked to Nate about if he dont show, Nate suggested I take it to the board. With playoffs coming up I really can't afford a loss and he knows I'm going on out of town Tuesday.

So if he doesn't show and can't play before I leave Tuesday! You guys think i can play CPU? I don't trust simming a game!

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I say that if you have a time set up for tonight and he doesn't show you should be able to play the CPU. As long as that time is set, I think he needs to show. We need to start cracking down on the game times. People need to understand that when you make a time with someone, that person is taking time out of their life to play the game. They should not be allowed to say "sorry something came up". This is just my opinion though. I may be a little more "strict" about this than other members.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I tend to agree with Web on this one. I think the most fair way to handle it would be to straight sim; however, if you have made a time post on the board and he does not show for it nor answers it, I think that gives just cause to play the CPU.

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I also agree. I'm sure if the Raiders agree on another time with you he'll be there. He's playing games with and F'd up hand. If he doesn't show then you should play the CPU, he might complain, but I think he'll get over it.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah he beat me 34-7 with that F'ed up hand. Be careful. ;)

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i gave my input in a pm, but i wanna post it here. i think that if a time is agreed upon and set then great. if he no shows that gives me reason to give him the cpu. if he doesn't no show or if a time can't be agreed upon, then its a straight sim imo.

7. natedawg212000

ok, with no freakin pm'ing service theres no way for me to talk to either of these guys. they played and both had horrible, none playable lag. cade knows this is a huge game for him and for some reason (totally 3rd party point of view cade) is pretty wired and high strung about this game. cade, you are a stand up guy, but you are coming across as being a little bit of a jerk about his game. from the get-go you have wanted me to set the raiders to cpu, so that you could get the win because you are fighting for playoffs. just like its not your fault about the lag (and i believe its not his either) its not his fault you are going out of town.

either way they tried again and couldnt get it to play. i wasnt sitting on psn all night trying to type on that stupid thing so i tried to come here.

i'll admit, i have no clue what to do. i totally disagree with setting either team to cpu. both are saying the lag was horrible, cade is saying is sav's fault and sav's getting pissed cause he doesnt see how he should take the blame for it (i take sav's side on this). i have played sav a ton and i know that if it were savs fault that we would know by now. it maybe some freak thing between these two guys connection, it maybe some freak thing wrong with one of their internet that neither know about, i really have no clue.

thoughts?

8. natedawg212000

i am sorry guys but its mid-night here, i just had a long day with a youth service, and i am pooped. we gotta figure out what do to here though. cade, how long are you gone for? until friday?

9. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

im gone until saturday night....and im not coming across as a jerk....

im pissed because he played the lag... blitzing on every passing down, engaging eight when he knew i couldnt get the ball off...

i played coverage most of the game...used only my front four...

this game means alot thats why i have been trying to get it in since the second we advance...yea nate he cant help im going outta town..but i have posted out town thread and everything...

the only reason i accused him of having internet issues is when i tried to talked to him about he the games we played he wanted to finish...and he played the lag as if he has done that before

I played a NCAA game right after we quit the game... and no problems...want to ask the guy hes on tradition online under the civil war league, colorados owner ryty or smethin like that...ask anyone i have played...never had a problem

with lag....

Always get my game in on time never cause a problem and no this... ima jerk... i dont know what savaunte told you but this really upsets me

10. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

If neither player has had a history of lag,which looks like the case,then for some reason the connections arent compatible. Straight sim seems like only option to me. Now, if either player has had repeated lag problems before they should be set to CPU.

Maybe we should even come up with a LAG rule and put it into effect.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah, a lag rule isn't a bad idea actually. I wish I had more to input at this time but I really don't. I don't think you're being a jerk in this case, Cade. Push comes to shove though should have went straight sim to be most fair for all parties involved.

12. natedawg212000

to me you have came across as being a little bit of a jerk. you've just been pushing for a cpu game (a free win) from the get go instead of pushing to figure out the real issue here.

if sav would have had any lag issues in the past i would have set him to cpu for you and gave him the boot.

i think your a great guy cade and i didnt say that you 'are' a jerk, youve just came across as one pushing for you to get the cpu game when imo, theres no reason you should get it over him or him over you.

13. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

you think i wanted a free win...no....there has been several times this year that i have waited till the last minute to play my game to see if someone would pick up the team that was cpu...for instance packers was one off the top of my head...

If i wanted a free win I wouldnt have stayed up late the past two night trying to get this game in or i wouldnt have been warting the hell outta you and savaunte about it.

I don't get it man, all i wanted to do is get my game in before i left...whether it was savaunte, cpu or anyone else...

Although i think it was a jerk move on his part yesterday, me msgin him about the lag him not responded then he blitzes most plays where i cant even hand the ball off...once again i msg him about it....

Then at halftime i keep it paused to tell him this is crap... and supposedly he takes it offensively... If he has never had lag issues then idk how he know how to play the lag so well.. and idk why he wouldnt have want to restart..

But whatever we gotta do... I dont want to offend you nate...nor did i want to offend savaunte...this is getting blown up so ill let you handle it the best way you see fit...

14. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Did I miss something last night? This seems to have gone to a different level than yesterday. I thought we were just passing around ideas of how to resolve it. I didn't know this was something this serious.

15. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I can see why Cade was pushing for CPU so quickly, He just wanted to get his game in before he leaves. This is a tough one here. The safest way to handle it is to straight sim the game, but I think that sucks for both managers but it's more fair then letting 1 player play the CPU since we can't determine anyone at fault for the lag. Overall it's just a game I'd be pissed If I was in Cades shoes and my team took a simmed loss, but it is what it is. I'm here just to have fun playing madden.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think the most fair way would be to straight sim it. But I think the game has already been played.

17. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Theres not final score for the game on the EA website. Also think we should come up with a Lag rule.

18. natedawg212000

cade, i am not upset at you or anything man. I am thrown in the middle of this and trying to help figure it out. as a 3rd party i am just trying to see it from both point of views. i know for a fact that sav has never had lag issues in the past. i am not sure why you think hes 'so good' at playing with lag, when he himself said that he couldn't hardly play and missed fg's himself. i get it that your pissed he kept blitzing, but its not against the rules so theres not much i can do about that. i just can't hand you a cpu game just because you both had lag, just like i would never give him a cpu game just because he had lag.

i am all for adding a rule, but i do think its a needless rule. i have no problem also adding to the application that they must have a NAT 1 or NAT 2 type connection to play in this league. My whole point is if someone has a lag issue and its reported more than once than we boot those guys. I'd never keep anyone here that had bad lag, its just in this instance neither owner has ever had lag issues before.

Coming from the PC side of Madden, I do know that they were very very rare, but from time to time we would find two owners who just could not play each other for whatever reason. Their connections just wouldnt play right, and this maybe that same sorta issue.

I don't want cade, sav, or any of this board to start thinking i am trying to pick sides or that we start picking sides. I think this whole situation stinks, but i think both owners tried very hard to get the game in and I just can't hand out a CPU game where both owners couldn't control the situation.

19. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

This is a crappy situation. If the Raiders did show up for the game that was scheduled and there was lag, I don't think we should set him to CPU. He did all he could. Just sucks that it is such a big game for Cade. My main point in the beginning was that if the Raiders owner set a time and didn't show up he should be set to CPU. Whole different story if he did show up.

20. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

yea i understand...i have a suggestion if yall are ok...i know some of yall may not like this

I believe friday is the last day to play, well i will be back on saturday night...

If you guys are ok with waiting a day to advance me and sav could play late saturday night or early sunday morning...those to times alot of people arent online...so maybe the servers would be less busy and we could actuallly be able to play even if there is a small bit of lag...

ive never seen the lag we played in ...horrible..

i know you guys may want to advance but with playoffs on the line simming this game just kills me...anything could happen...injuries and escpecially a loss...

I wish savaunte was around right now...I'm leaving about 3 or 4CT and it would be perfect to play now since everyone is at work.....

21. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

also i just check both my connections.....my wireless which i never play is NAT2 and my wired coming from my modem is NAT1

22. natedawg212000

hes at home, so he maybe there. i donno, its whatever the board wants, but i'd be super upset to wait 2 more days just for one game, yall play and have lag and still has to be simmed.

23. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I wouldn't care waiting 1 day, but if the lag is still there then we waiting for nothing.

24. natedawg212000

it would be 2 maybe 3 days, wouldnt be one day. we advance friday morning, he gets home saturday night, so your talking sunday before they play and sunday night or monday before i advance.

25. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

well is there anyway we can get ahold of savaunte...im here...ready to play...or i can play about 1:30...i gotta take a test at 1...and understand not waiting...wish yall would tho