CPU Cheatage

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Sep 14, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

CPU Cheatage

I finally got smart last night. I was playing Stanford and though they were not putting up much of a fight, I did find that they were playing reasonably good sound defense. For instance, every time I called a I tight formation and choose the fullback dive I noticed their entire defense would pinch in their pre-snap alignment. Obviously I wasn't going to run the selected play so I audibled out to a off tackle power, which broke for 12 yards. Later I went back to a similar play out of a different set. Same results, the damn cpu pinched in pre-snap. They never did this unless I choose a play right up the middle.

Have any of you noticed any other shenanigans from the cpu?

2. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Yeah the CPU seems to know your play and at times will adjust to that play. I notice it most often in shotgun running. I will often see the CPU come out in 4-3 front against a 4 WR shotgun spread formation when I call a run. I always have to audible to a pass in that situation since it would be suicide to run against a stacked box out of shotgun.

I've seen, at times, were the CPU will audible to run defense when I audible to a run then audible to pass defense when I audible back to a pass. Gets frustrating. I even try to trick them by audibling to run and when they audbile to run defense do a fake audible. They just stay in run defense though so the fake doesn't work.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Lol I have seen that too. Out of the gun I actually call a run to audible into a pass I want. That usually will net a 3-4 yard completion if they play it perfect. Stick routes usually open up this way.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It can be a bit frustrating. It happens more often later in games, especially if the CPu is behind.

What I hate is when the game simply decides you're not going to get a first down. You run on first, and every one of your blockers get blown up at the same time. Try again, same thing. Hit a beautiful third down pass and make a play ... holding call. Once I see this dynamic, I just run and punt. I don't even mess with it, because I know if I get that wide open receiver on 3rd and long, my quarterback will choose that moment to throw one ten yards over the receiver's head, and right to a FS who doesn't have to move to make the pick. No need to take the risk.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

So that is a script then? I had that happen twice in the last game. I actually had my feet set and threw to a wide open slant route and it was WAAAY over his head. Dayne Crist should not be missing someone that wide open with his feet set and no rush.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I don't know if it's a script, but it feels like one.

This is where the discipline comes in. Tress wouldn't be trying to pick up many third-and-forevers, so I try to stick to the screen and draws, maybe get lucky, but make sure I don't give up good position by turning it over. It gets hard, though, because I always want to prove that I can get that first down no matter what the game throws at me.

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I typically will throw to my tightend on a short route and see what he can get. I don't want to send that ball long down field in a 3rd and miles.

8. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I like to run draws on third and long when I don't feel like I can make a long completion.

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

A nicely timed screen usually picks up most of the long yards.