CPU Gameplay

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Sep 30, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

CPU Gameplay

Is anyone else having issues with the way the computer is playing?

Personally, I love this league and playing head to head versus you guys but playing against the CPU has become absolutely zero fun with the current settings.

The CPU RB doesn't run the ball, he morphs from spot to spot on the screen. I can't even tackle the F*c%er!!! I just sit there and wait for the CPU to force the CPU to punt. Which usually doesn't happen, they just go for it on 4th down and I stop them. It's useless for me to even play. (and you guys know I'm good on the sticks hahaha)

The CPU play is really cheesey right now I feel. Does anyone else agree?

Also, the CPU doesn't come close to beating you. The game is just zero fun and then you still win by a large margin. I'd rather at least enjoy the game.

Maybe a switch to default heisman could be in order?

Just curious about what you guys are feeling. If everyone is good with the current settings, I'll just shut up and play it as it is. But I'd like to hear some feedback.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

My last game against GT was one of my most fun CPU games. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the game and was ecstatic when I scored the go ahead TD with less than a minute to go.

3. jello1717

I just read your complaint in the week 6 thread about not being able to get the running game going. This hasn't been my experience at all. I don't put up the huge numbers like others because a. I probably chew more clock than most and b. I spread my carries around, but take a look at my averages. My starting FB averaged 4.2 before getting injured. My backup FB (who is a converted TE averages 5.2, my #3 HB is 5.6, #2 HB (who is an 87 speed power back) averages 4.4 and my #1 HB is averaging 7.5 per carry. Those numbers aren't inflated either. My #1 HB has a long of 68, but he has 82 carries. The longest run for any of my other backs is 17.

Alabama's top guys are only 4.1 and 2.2.

I'm not sure what Clemson is doing but his top 2 guys average 6.9 and 10.4.

I see that Demps is only at 3.5 and Rainey is at 6.7, but that's only because of a 70 yarder.

FSU's top 2 are 5.2 and 11.6.

Georgia's: 9.8 (on 57 carries!) and 4.9.

LSU's, 6.5 and an inflated 15.1.

Maryland has a guy with 6.4, but his top guy is only 3.8.

Miami's are 5.0 and 4.7.

Ole Miss's top guy is only 4.1.

Tennessee's are only 3.4 and 4.3.

VT has 5.1 and Tyrod with 4.8.

Overall, I'd say there are at least half of us with good averages and half with poor ones. I think the numbers look good. Before I read your post, I had only been paying attention to the ACC numbers and thought that they were too high and that we needed to turn down our running again. If you look at UNC, Miami, FSU, Clemson, and VT I'd say that our numbers are either spot on or too high. From the SEC, you can throw LSU and Georgia into that list.

Also, on the CPU rushing game, I am glad that they can run the ball (somewhat). GT moved the ball against me, but they mainly did it by passing the ball. Before the game, my rushing defense was either 2nd or 3rd in the country and I thought the CPU's running game was better than the 3 games I played last year, but not good enough. I see from the team stats that Florida's rushing defense was rated 2nd in the SEC so it seems like you've been doing just fine stopping the run. Tennessee, LSU, and Georgia are also right behind you in rushing defense.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Bad players/Bad teams making incredible plays is kinda bothersome. But then again even the sun shines of Duke every now and again...I think it's been fun so far. Funner than last year for sure. I haven't played on Heisman yet. I played on Heisman last year and after I caught up to the speed it was fun. I wouldn't be in favor of doing it here because we have no idea if all of the people here would be able to compete...

5. GoGators

To reply to Jello,

Yeah you're right about the rushing averages. I blame it on EA. It's impossible to run out of the spread/shotgun formation, even with my line and HBs. It's a really stupid issue too since majority of schools run the spread and UF is one of the best at running out of it.

6. jello1717

I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say that it's impossible to run out of the shotgun. The following stats probably don't mean much since they are with different sliders, but these are the numbers my Michigan guys put up last year. I use the MSU playbook which has nothing but shotgun formations and is very similar to Florida's playbook (if that's what you use).

Column 1
    Player POS ATT YDS AVG TD LONG After 1st Hit 20+ Brkn Tkl FUMB
    Brandon Minor HB 154 901 5.9 15 67 325 2 11 2
    Michael Shaw HB 75 518 6.9 6 64 166 6 11 1
    Tate Forcier QB 64 112 1.8 0 32 95 1 6 2
    Denard Robinson QB 60 141 2.4 1 18 70 0 1 6
    Carlos Brown HB 53 315 5.9 3 47 78 2 2 1
    Nick Sheridan QB 24 -2 -0.1 0 9 22 0 0 1
    Martavious Odoms WR 20 240 12.0 1 64 48 3 3 1
    Kevin Grady HB 10 52 5.2 1 11 19 0 0 0
    Mark Moundros FB 10 42 4.2 1 8 18 0 0 0
    Roy Roundtree WR 2 9 4.5 0 8 0 0 0 0
    Darryl Stonum WR 2 10 5.0 1 12 0 0 0 0
    Terrance Robinson WR 1 -4 -4.0 0 0 2 0 0 0
    Junior Hemingway WR 1 19 19.0 0 19 0 0 0 0

Again, this is probably meaningless since it's different sliders, but it certainly shows that running out of the SG can be done.

With that all being said, I do have to admit that I can run more consistently with my pro style attack that UNC uses than the spread attack from Michigan, especially in running situations where everyone in the stadium knows that I'm going to run the ball. I ran for 289 yards against FSU and I didn't even sniff 100 yards in my 2 user games with Michigan last year. I certainly don't think I could put up those numbers using MSU's playbook.

Of course, if we made running easier for the spread guys, the pro style guys would put up even sicker numbers than we already are.

7. GoGators

It's definitely easier to run out of pro form. In my ASU dynasty I'd tear it up on the ground and that teams inferior.

However, I have been utilizing Brantley and my WRs more. We'll see how this ends up by the end of the year.

8. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I would say, seeing the CPU compete and beat us is a good thing. Yes, the running game can be hard to stop, but it's definitely realistic. It's not like any of us are giving up 300 yards to CPU runners.

Some bad teams actually beat good teams. Washington never should've beat USC this year, but that seems to happen every year. That's what makes college football exciting- the upsets. I don't want a league where the cpu games are cake walks and the only thing we have to worry about are the human games. We have 6 teams in the SEC and 6 in the ACC. There should never be 6 teams from 2 conferences dominating the top 25... ever. I havn't played good cpu teams yet, but even the 2 trash teams that I played made me work at some point in the game.

9. jello1717

I agree with this 100%.

10. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I also notice that this year it is hard to run out of the spread but passing is easier...Gators, your #s reflect that.

Speaking for myself, I have shot myself in the foot with INT's this season....But a few of those cpu team picks were near impossible one-handed grabs.

It may not be perfect but I do like when the CPU has a chance to win...

11. GoGators

I also like the fact that the CPU has a chance to win. If you recall, I was the one that lobbied a lot for this last season. My point here is that it's semi cheesey the way the running back morphs on the screen.

I'm just wondering if there's a better way to make the CPU better, ie move to heisman.

12. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Morph? I haven't seen anything other than football....

13. GoGators

alright, guess it's just me than. That's fair....I'll shut up now.