CPU Slip Screens

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LTL7360, Jul 29, 2012.

1. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

Ok so I just played Marshall in a CPU game and they must have ran 20 Hb Slip screens all game. They gained about 3 first downs on them but has anyone else had this type of CPU repetition? The wierd thing is they only threw it like 7 times, and the rest were sacks. I figure that the CPU saw I was getting more and more sacks, so they decided to threw more and more screens even though the screens were the reason I was getting them. I think I ended the game with like 15 or 16 sacks and I dont blitz that much, maybe 15-20% of the time. I tried to sit down in cover 2 man out of 3-3-5, 4-2-5 and dime for the entire 4th quarter and the CPU threw 4 screens in a row (the sad thing was they still got a 15 yard scamper off one and a 1st down). Has anyone else had this kind of glitch, or whatever you call it, with screens or even another play that the CPU wont stop running?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  2. BlkNGld

BlkNGld Walk On

Had that exact same thing against Boise. Kept changing up defenses to see if I could force he CPU out of it, but no luck. At one point, threw 3 in a row...for about 7 yards...don't remember that kind of repitition in prior years....

3. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

most i had was 4 screens vs Miami,Oh. 2 went for 1st downs, 2 others i shut down for either 1 or no yards. don't know if it is a glitch, but it seemed that everytime they needed a big 3rd down pickup they went with the screen.

4. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

I have had a couple of games where the CPU has had at least 10 screen passes, but It didn't really bother me. What happened to me when I was playing Minnesota though, was the dreaded QB hike to the C to the QB glitch (Didn't know this was a glitch until I saw it, Google it later and found out I wasn't the only one). It really hampered play calling in the second half as most play under center were pretty much all blown up. But I battled through. Anyone else seen this glitch yet?

5. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

it doesnt exactly bother me, it just irked me because id like to play a team that runs more than 1 play 30% of the game. Plus the stats are so inflated with stuff like that