"CPU TEAM SCOUTING"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

"CPU TEAM SCOUTING"

Since a lot of us play the same CPU teams, it would behoove the whole league is some CPU scouting reports were put up. We will use this forum for all CPU scouting reports.

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Originally posted by Emmdotfrisk

Scouting report on Florida...

* With the loss of Tebow, Florida's offense isn't nearly as potent. Starting QB Brantley has below average speed, yet runs plays similar to Tebow. When I say similar I don't mean he performs them with the same effectiveness, but rather that he runs the same plays. In example, Qb blast, ect. They come to the line with a lot of spread sets, so shotgun, 5 wide, trips, and so on. Inside and outside handoffs while in these sets can easily be stopped with outside pressure from DE and a MLB "Spy." I shut down demps like he was playing flag football with 1,000 flags around his belt. The tough part for me was covering the receivers. I got next to no pressure on Brantley, but when I did he made terrible throws. If you can get good pressure on him while covering the receivers you will win the game.

*Offensive keys.....when a slot receiver motions to the backfield 100% of the time its an option. So slant your D line toward the motion. If Brantley decides to keep the ball you should have no problems because he runs like Ken Dorsey, tall and slow. If they show I formation and double tight, I would say 90% of the time it is run. I think I saw maybe one play action fake.

*Defensively they were like a brick wall against my run game. I ran simply to keep them off balance. Their LB and DL over pursued often so I was able to get good yardage on play actions and screen passes. Throwing deep was not an option because I didnt have enough time to let the play develop. I did a lot of quick hit plays with slants, swings, flats, and hooks. Each one of my drives were 12-16 plays and took up a good chunk of the playclock. I should have one but in the redzone choked, throwing two interceptions......one was a good ole MLB rocket catch.

*Good luck buddy, I think you have a legitamate chance at winning. Just avoid the big play, play conservative, and don't try and score quick.....FL defense is too good.

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Boise State Scouting

1. Offense : RB Avery is a very elusive RB. Even when you block off all known paths, he has insane cut back ability that can break him in the blink of an eye. QB Moore has a good arm, but when pressured he makes bad throws. Hard part about that is getting to him.... I used several different looks and blitz packages but I only got to him twice. You can probably get a DB on him since their RB's have no blocking skill.... but try to often and Moore will find the open man and pick you apart.

2. Defense : Don't turn the ball over. That was my mistake.... they can easily convert a fumble or INT into 6 points. There run defense is good, so instead of passing form the run, try to run off the pass and then work in play action. Byron Hout is a stud.... take to much time in the pocket and your going down. They have good speed and power up-front and if your O-Line sucks at blocking it is going to be a long day for you. There biggest weakness is their secondary..... when they bring there safety in the box, audible out a TE on a go route and use a wide receiver on a slant towards the middle of the field... 1 safety won't be able to cover both and hitting the open man will lead you to a 10+ Yard gain.

3. Special Teams : I had some scares with them. Make sure to play it safe if you notice your coverage team is breaking down early.... one wrong move or mis-tackle and Boise State is taking it to the house.

4. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Iowa State

They run the ball a lot, and are pretty effective at it. Their QB has basically no arm, almost every throw is a lobbing ball. Their wide receivers are nothing special, and drop their share of passes. Their kicker has no accuracy.

Overall, they are a pretty easy team, and you should have no trouble with them.

EDIT: They also run a healthy share of option plays, but their QB isn't too fast, so try keying on the running back.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Army

they run first and run often. They also throw and use some 5 wr sets.

Poor kickoff coverage by them.

Their kicker has a long range on fgs of about 50 yards.

It's hard for me to really give a good scouting report other than that.

My team couldn't tackle anyone, and my offense was stagnant. I was only in game because of special teams.

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Arizona St.

Offensively they do alot of passing but their qb isnt very accurate especially on the deep throw. He connected on 0 deep passes as he over threw alot of them. Run game can be great but i knew where they were running everytime by their formation as i know the playbook inside out

Defensively they play alot of man coverage and can be beat deep. They do have a great rushing defense but you get the passing game going they can be ran on. They over pursue alot. The will jump the snap alot but they dont do much.

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Cincinnati

They threw a lot. Mostly shotgun formations.

8. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Notre Dame

A quick rundown...

On offense:
    I hope you have a decent passing game because running on them is impossible. They blitz a lot so the middle of the field is open all day. Spread them out (at least 3 WR on the field) so you can see where the pressure is coming from and always hot route a receiver (usually slot) so he can be your escape valve... you won't have that much time to throw when there is pressure. They play lots of man.

You gotta stay away from their #1CB as he is a lockdown corner.

On defense:
    They are also very aggressive, extremely balanced and have playmakers everywhere... I couldn't stop them.
    They gained 280 on the ground and 280 on the air... so they torched me everywhere. No turnovers either.

ND also will go for it on 4th down if its short.

No advice here as I didn't have an answer for them. I never knew where the ball was going, my guys were always a step behind theirs and they break quite a few tackles so always keep safeties deep for help.

9. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Sounds tough...passing the ball is not my strength.

10. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Keep you passes short, dink and dunk them....

Eventually one of those dinks will turn into a big play because of one of your guys making a play and he will have only one guy to beat.

If you can establish a running game (I couldn't because they blitz so much and have good linemen) then I would really slow the game down.

11. BG

BG On The Rize!

I doubt anyone needs a scouting report for Colorado St, but here is a little something about them. The Qb doesn't hols the ball very long. I was unable to sack him the entire game. Their pass defense is a little better than their rush defense. They are terrible against the run. We did do some good things arfe far as play calling, but they don't tackle very well (C. Randall had over 350 yds rushing 5 Td's.) That's really about all I can say about them. They may not win a game this year!!!

12. NDCOLTS1979

Troy will blitz alot and have 8 guys in the box alot. I suggest you play quick slants for awhile till they loosen up. I had 2 80 yd slants so the blitz can be beat. Run defense isnt great once they get beat on quick passes they seem to loosen up and can be ran on

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

On offense North Texas used shotgun a lot and ran different options a lot out of it.

On defense they could not stop the run.

14. NDCOLTS1979

Wisconsin Report

Offensively they are pretty strong. When they run the ball its alot of draws and up the middle. They do have a decent passing game thats for sure. They can hit it deep but it wont be to often.

Defensively they are really strong in the passing game. You can run on them early and pass late. After running the ball often they played the run game and i then could throw the ball. Then when u pass well they play that and you can run. Not the most aggressive defense and has holes if u move the ball well

15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Troy can be beat running the ball. I was also able to beat them on a deep middle post to TE.

When they are on offense they threw more than ran but they ran usually an option play.