CPU Teams Playbooks...Everyone Please Respond

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Feb 1, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK guys I need your input on this. I have gone through and changed every teams coach philosophies and playbooks. I need to know if its working. The last 2 games I have played Cal and West Virgininia. Neither had the correct playbook. I don't know why that is. So, for week 8, those of you playing the CPU, let me know who you played and what playbook they used. I may try something different when I advance tonight so I want to see if it works.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Have you found that a lot of the cpu teams were wrong? Why would a Big East team have the wrong book, no one has ever used them in this OD?

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just the last 2 games I've played. Cal had the USC playbook and WVU had the Kansas playbook. I think it must have something to do with changing the coaching stuff every week. I have to go in to each team that is on the schedule and adjust the defensive aggresion. Im not sure why its doing what its doing but I just want to see if anyone else is seeing the same things I am.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I know with Stanford they were using the Alabama playbook, when I played them. I don't recall what WSU or UW was using when I played them.

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

week 7, colorado was using the North Carolina PB

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

if they are wrong, i think its possible that the actual act of switching teams swaps the coaches and there playbooks. It would not supprise me if by setting colorados PB / settings and then switching to North Carolina, that the coach information swaps so that colorado now has all the NC info.

just a guess. I know if you change teams it retains your coach experience, so other stuff may change too.

7. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I've actually seen that before too. Haven't payed any attention the past couple games but I for sure know I remember seeing that recently and thinking...."hmmmm"

8. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

How do you know what playbooks your opponent is using?

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

it says in the loading screen when you start the game

10. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Rec... I will ask around on the forums at OS about this.. Iowa State was using Purdue's book last night when I played.. I am wondering if the CPU will change playbooks as the years progress based on their personnel..

I will let you know what I find.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im thinking its picking up the last playbook I change every week. Seems like there is a rhyme or reason to it. Say I was editing Iowa State, then changed to Purdue. For some reason, they are taking on Iowa States changes and not Purdues. So im sure they are all messed up. It may be I need to completely exit the dynasty each time I make the team change. I will try that tonight. Thats why I need to know what playbooks you guys are seeing this coming week (Week 8, which I will advance to tonight as soon as I can)

12. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Im still finding that the cpu is still on aggressive. They ripped the ball out of my HBs hands, even when i covered up. And i still see that theyre jumping the snap.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If you play a CPU game in week 8, let me know what you see. Gonna try something different tonight with the coach crap and see if it fixes the problem.

14. Cheez

I win two in a row for the first time this season... and now you're gonna change things. god damn it hahaha

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If I could set it all back to default right now I would but I think every team I have touched has a different playbook and settings than what I intended and I dont know why! Frustrating to say the least.

16. Cheez

lol, it's ok bro. no worries.

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I probably did not explain well before.

If you start as Penn St and then Switch your team to San Jose St, you maintain you coaching experience and playbook ect. The question is what happens to the team you left. I am willing to bet that in that senario instead of reverting to the original coaching staff in Penn St, the game probably just takes The san jose st coaching staff and gives it to Penn St.

it makes my head hurt thinking about how to actually change the coaching settings if that is the case.

if you switch to Iowa State then prudue then back the UCLA.

Step 1 UCLA has Iowa State Coach, Iowa State has UCLA
    Step 2 Purdue as UCLA coach, IowaState has prudue, UCLA has Iowa State
    Step 3 UCLA goes back to UCLA, IowaState has Prudue, Prudue has Iowa State

18. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

To fix this I think you need to have someone leave the leave then join as the teams to change, and then leave the league after the change. Rejoin as new team, leave, rejoin as new team, leave....

Thats my theory anyway.

19. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

I already did that for Rec, but I don't think it fixed it...

20. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Other than the playbooks, I am liking the changes... Seems to play a more realistic game of football... The CPU, as in real life, will be aggressive on the line and will try to jump the snap.. Especially if you don't mix up your cadence..

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well, i did things a little differently this time, well see how it works. Please post what playbook your CPU oppenents are using in Week 8.

22. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Minnesota was using central michs PB [​IMG]

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

FML

24. Cheez

Boston College was using the pro style playbook.

Not even a team's pb.. just pro style!

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

It should have said above pro what playbook they used. It will show you the style and the playbook. If they really did use the pro style playbook than something is fubar