CPU trade Bills and Ravens

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by Keller, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

@Seachicken3
    @rushers24

I will need both of your guys' approval to allow this to go through. Its difficult for me, being commish, I can't allow my own trades. I trust you guys to give this a fair review.

RT M. Yanda 27yrs 86ovr Bpot
    MLB J. McClain 27yrs 73ovr Bpot or MLB D. Ellerbe 26yrs 75ovr Bpot

FOR

MLB D. Bishop 28yrs 81ovr Bpot
    LT E. Wang 25yrs 73ovr Bpot or T. Ugoh 76ovr 28yrs old Bpot

maybe

LE M. Stroud 80ovr 34yrs Bpot - hes a much better DT (like 88ovr I think)

Now let me explain my thinking here. Yanda is sitting behind a younger better player and the Ravens already have an excellent offensive line. I'm giving up a young tackle in return, they just aren't as good - so their depth is replaced.

I'm giving up an older better MLB would would start next to Ray Lewis immediately. Hes an excellent fit for the 3-4 because he's strong and can take on blocks better (84str 89blkshd) than the other MLB's the Ravens have (they have a bunch, they are just smaller/faster.)

Essentially the trade is swapping non-starters to the other team where they would start. I threw in Stroud assuming it would sweeten the deal (but you may not see it that way if you consider the cap space. I wasn't sure how you would view it.) Basically hes a 3-4DE and would start immediately for the at LE if they wanted. Ideally he would be a better fit at DT however and he would also be an immediate starter at that position as well. He's old, so its sorta up in the air but I think he provides some value so I included him as a "maybe."

Let me know what you guys think.

2. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

@Keller @rushers24 Elerbee and Yanda for Bishop and Wang works for me.

3. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

The first trade you listed seems to be pretty fair. Only thing is that the RT your getting for your LT is a full 13 points higher overall in rating. Yanda is the highest rated player, and theres no one that's really close to him that your giving up. Bishop is 5 points lower, and is a year older. But it does seem that it would still benefit both teams. I will take a look at the players on the console later and make my decision.

Seachicken what do you think?

4. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Well, nevermind he posted while I posted lol. Let me look at the trade Seachicken said I will will get back with ya.

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Okay, I know I'm not part of the trade committee or anything but I'm just trying to figure out how the committee works.

To me in this trade, Ellerbe and McClain have been groomed in the Ravens 3-4 defense and the RT that they are giving up is a lot higher rated. I thought all trades with the CPU need to favor the CPU heavily, and this in my opinion does not.

The MLB he is giving up is older at 28 than either McClain or Ellerbe and he is a 3-4 team himself, and the LT he is giving up wont be as good as the one they are losing. So I don't see how this favors the CPU.

This could just be my opinion but I am trying to figure out how the trade committee figures trades out because this trade to me doesn't favor the Ravens. Getting an older MLB who will be almost 30 when Ray Lewis retires, when they would have the younger Ellerbe or McClain to take the place of Lewis and the RT they lose is better than the tackle Keller is giving up.

6. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Alright. The Ravens already have Oher at LT, and he's 94 overall. The Ravens have a great Oline. Bishop is rated higher than MLB Gooden from the Ravens, but I don't think they would really be getting a upgrade at MLB because Gooden is a year younger and has 86 speed. Bishop has 75 speed. And you would be getting a pretty good RT at 86 overall. I don't think any of these trades benefits the CPU in any way, so I will have to decline.

7. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I think the Ravens are just a hard CPU team to trade with because they are jacked. They really don't have any holes on their team so theirs not going to be a whole lot of trades thats beneficiary to them.

8. Keller

You're not thinking scheme wise. Take the LB out of it, if that makes a difference. I don't want the LB I just wanted to replace my depth.

Bishop is a better 3-4 MLB than they actually have.

So Bishop and Wang/Ugoh for Yanda?

Maybe you guys could make a suggestion?

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I'd say and once again I'm not on the committee but this is just my thought

Yanda and MLB Jason Phillips 68 27 years old C pot

for

Bishop and Wang

That is just my thoughts on it, it could be different from Rush and Seachicken, this is why I asked for the tutorial also so we could kinda have a basis to figure it out, but since you asked for suggestions I figured I would throw this out there. Seachicken and Rush may have something different

10. Keller

@kdpnutter - there really is no tutorial. All I do is put myself in the shoes of the CPU team and I ask myself would I do the trade.

As far as you or anyone else weighing in on these trades, it really is fine assuming everyone remains civil. Discussion about these things is encouraged.

As for approving trades, its up to me and seachicken. For the trades between me and another team, it would be chicken and rush. For a trade involving two of us, I would ask someone else thats been around for awhile. Probably you come to think of it nutter.

11. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I think we have too many teams attempting to trade with the CPU. This isn't baseball or fantasy football. There's not alot of trades in the NFL. As I said before, I don't think any of those combinations are benefiting the Ravens more than they are benefiting you.

The Ravens have one of the best MLB in the game, and 3 others that fairly young and good. They don't need to trade for a MLB.

Ravens are weak at WR, having only 3 on their roster right now. Also, they are weak at SS. Those are the two big positions they need. So the Ravens could use Donte Whitner, or Lee Evans. Nothing else really makes sense.

12. Keller

Well, the Ray Lewis is set to retire plus they need two MLB's. Unfortunately I can't part with Whitner or Evans. Unless I hear other ideas, I suppose this is busted on Rush's veto.