CPU Trade Cards and Bucs

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by sibellius, Feb 3, 2011.

1. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Cards send
    LE Calais Campbell 27 yrs 87 OVR B POT
    LOLB Clark Haggans 37 yrs 74 OVR (not by computer so I don't have POT rating)

Bucs send
    ROLB Geno Hayes 26 yrs 84 OVR

The Bucs get a big upgrade at DE and Haggans fills the starter spot while their younger OLBs get some time to progress. I hate to give up Campbell but I'm desperate for a 3-4 LB at this point.

@Seachicken3
    @rushers24
    @kdpnutter
    @JoHud
    @Jmustang1968

*Fixed Campbell's potential, for some reason I thought he was an A

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

In a user trade, no question this passes. In a CPU trade I think its almost more of an added benefit for you to dump haggans than it is a deal sweetener for the cpu.

3. sibellius

If the trade committee would rather I keep Haggans then thats fine. I put him in there since all the backups are young and have low OVRs. I could also offer up Joey Porter (79 OVR 36 or 37) if it makes any difference although I doubt it doesn't.

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

@sibellius

I will have to decline this deal, Haggans is far too old for TB, the ages don't match up on it. They lose a great FAST YOUNG OLB, and do get a slight upgrade at DE but they get an old, slower OLB. You need to change Hagans to something else to sweeten this deal.

Say CB Earlzo Kyaunn or Josh Duran would be a better fit than Haggans especially with the age issue and with the loss of Ronde Barber this past offseason

5. sibellius

Speed shouldn't be that big of a factor since TB runs a 4-3. Haggans would be a better fit for their system but either way I offered him up just to fill the depth chart slot. And I would call Campbell a lot more then a slight upgrade. He led my team in sacks last season and with him + Gerald Mccoy gives the Bucs a pretty sweet d-line. I'm also giving up my franchise DE and gutting my own defensive line. I'll offer up Joey Porter instead of Haggans who's around the same age but has a higher OVR (79) with a 90 PUR. I can't see with that offer how the CPU wouldn't have the advantage.

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I will look at it more and let you know, but that is just how it looks, it looks like trying to get rid of the old guy without having to pay. Now if you take back an old guy also then I'd probably agree to it. But like I said I am just one opinion.

7. sibellius

I can give up ROLB O'Brien Schofield 26 yrs 69 OVR B POT instead of Porter/Haggans but my logic was that they'd rather have an already solid LB rather then another young up and comer.

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I agree they would rather have an established one but the problem is your established ones are about as old as my grandma and in the case of Porter moves as fast as she does lol but seriously. They have a real strength in OLB with Hayes and Watson and a real weakness at DE and CB so if your looking to take an OLB as I said I think a DE and a CB would both be appropriate

9. sibellius

10. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

If it were user no brainer, but it being a CPU trade the CPU needs to win big time. I would say the Bucs are loaded and ready to make a run, so to get them to move a young guy they like. Also add in the fact that Geno can play both LB and DE at high levels, and the end you are trading him can't.

Declined.

11. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

NO, I'm in lockstep with these guys, User -User I'd Yes it in a heartbeat. here it needs Hagans replaced with something more useful. Safety or CB.

12. sibellius

Which is all well and good in the NFL, it shouldn't make a difference here since we can't play LBs at DE anyways. Even if we could, Joey Porter is 91 OVR at DE so they'd still have the upper hand overall.

At first I thought it was that the CPU just had to have the advantage but now it seems that for it to get approved that you have to give up 3x the worth of the guy you want to get.

13. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It really is for a young star talent like Hayes, it has to absolutely be 1000% worth it for the CPU. Look at the deals the Rams and myself had to do for young stud OLB.

14. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Its a no from me