Cpu victories

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Oct 5, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Cpu victories

Is it the latest tuning patch? Or just bad luck/timing/tough matchups? All of a sudden, we've seen a rash of cpu victories.

Personally, I've been losing to the cpu in both my leagues fairly regularly (mainly cause I am the worst defensive player of all time) so I can't speak. But the guys who were rolling, what's been going on?

2. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Some games the CPU sucks.. Others they can do no wrong. Its especially bad with no-huddle teams. I find myself just hoping they fumble or something

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I find blitzing is the only way I get stops or mistakes....otherwise they pick me apart. Also if you rattle them or get a key turnover things tend to go bad for the CPU. It is a very fine line.

I really dont mind cause 1 or 2 tweaks in our favor could end in a us crushing the CPU.

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Man i was rolling along moving th ball well, when all of a sudden the CPU said no more. It kinda sucks because all I can really do now is run against the CPU. For some reason my backup qbs can't complete simple short routes. I'm talking screens and drags. So when the CPU decided to start pouring through the line I knew it was over for me offensively. On defense I held them well all game until the fourth when I couldnt tackle the Hb. Put everything on conservative and still couldn't tackle. Ive come to accept that those games will happen. Nothing u can do about it. Fsu had much higher ratings but didnt play like it til the 4th when I was up on them eating clock

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Kinda to your point SML, I really feel like its important to take reps with your players, especially quarterback.

In my other OD, I have a guy who I've been playing with since his Sophomore year who is now a Senior. He started as more of an athlete with 85 THP and 80 THA or something like that. His first year, I couldn't hit the backside of a barn with him. I would miss receivers constantly and alot of routes weren't even in my arsenal. He still had some ok yardage numbers but his completion percentage was in the mid 50's and I threw a ton of picks.

Fast forward to this season, his Senior year, and its like a passing camp out there. I went from getting by with 15-20 passes a game to feeling comfortable tossing it around 30+ times a game. Through 4 games he's got 974 yards with 9 TDs and 2 picks. He still is only average arm wise with 87 THP and 85 or so THA, but I feel way more comfortable with his delivery now. It sounds funny, but I really feel like different QBs 'play' differently.

6. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Well there isn't much difference between my starter and backups as far as thp and tha. I can't try to lead anyone because those throws go even further off target. But even standing still set the guys have trouble hitting wide open guys on drags. My starter had 86 thp and 84tha. The backup I've decided to stick with has 84 in each. I could lead guys all day and throw touch passes with the starter. He was 76 over and backups are 71

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Sometimes theere is a difference...not sure if it is AWR or some hidden rating. I have had lower rated Qbs perform better than their higher rated counterparts. I cant explain it....it is a feel or the guy just doesnt over throw as much. I always make sure I practice with all my QBs to make sure I am starting the one I feel best with. I sometimes dont focus as much on rating with the QB.

8. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

It doesn't matter much now. Just going to try to get thru the next 2 games without getting blown out. Signed a top 150 qb earlier this season. With any luck he'll be somewhat ok

9. osudds2014

osudds2014 Walk On

I have a ton of trouble with the no huddle teams. Usually I feel like I have no trouble scoring on the CPU, but that they have even less trouble scoring on me. I generally have to get lucky with a turnover and have none myself. That Oregon game was impossibly difficult on defense

Then out of nowhere I could not move the ball on Nebraska, but then they hand me the game with 5 TOs.

I have no idea what it is.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have notice also that the better teams like to blitz....just hot route a guy so you can quick pass too him if they send the house. I would expect blitz alot. Seems like the CPU like to blitz.

11. osudds2014

osudds2014 Walk On

I like to do that, but against some of the better teams it is really hard for my WRs to beat the jam

12. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

13. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

14. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Also, when are we advancing?