Cradle Update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ociu, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Cradle Update

Hey guys.
    We're getting close to launch date here, and I hope you all are as pumped as I am to get this started. A couple talking points to address here:

1. Two of our members have decided to pursue other options. PapaPerry and Mors are already in two other leagues and have decided to focus on those, which is totally understandable, and I wish them luck in their other leagues. As such, we'll be looking for two new guys. I'll be going through the apps here over the next few days and we'll definitely have a full roster before launch.
    2. Launch is the 13th, and I anticipate most of you guys will be getting your copies on Launch Day. Since I'm a broke college student, I jumped on that Dell $40 pre-order with free shipping, so I'm going to be waiting on my copy for about a week after launch. As such, we won't get to start during that first week. This is probably a good thing though, because inevitably, we're going to have to wait on rosters and (probably) the first patch to really get things going. Before the league gets started, we'll set up the Cradle 2011 Tourney to get you guys playing and used to 11 before the league itself starts.
    3. In order to make this league work, communication is going to be important. As such, I'm pitching the idea of a bi-weekly chat session. If you guys don't like it or don't have time for it, I'm not going to be bothered, but I think it might be a good idea to get guys knowing eachother and communicate positives and negatives as to how the league's going. Thoughts?
    I'm very excited about the roster we've got, as you all seem to be guys who are going to stay active and have a good time with this. We're getting really close to launch. Good luck making it the next couple weeks with your copy of '10. ;)

2. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

Sounds good... but, I heard that there are coaching contracts and goals in OD this year.

Is that gonna affect anything.?

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Um, can I look around at the team options now? I got last pick, can I change or no?

-We'll have to wait for rosters, but I'm pretty sure we can start without the patch and it will take effect on its own..
    -I'm always available to chat on xbox live, just send out some invites

edit: I'd like to switch from WKU to FIU if I could..

4. simsportsgamer

simsportsgamer Banned

I really hope I am considered for an open spot....Won't let you guys down!!

5. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

Whether I get into this league I will be following the progress. Looks like a great group of guys.

Should be a great year for NCAA.

6. sreese

sreese Walk On

I was next to last pick. I wouldnt mind being in the mac west but im cool with whatever.

7. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

I really don't want to do a re-draft. I'd love to let you guys switch conferences, but there's really no fair way to do that. If you want to switch within your conference or division, PM me, but I would like to just pick up two guys to fit in where Papa and Mors were at.

8. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

I haven't seen anything on coaching changes. Do you have a link?

If that was true, it'd change the dynasty quite a bit as long as the system was implemented properly. If they're just throwing in the same coaching change system that's in off-line, we'll stick with the system, because the off-line system's broke.

9. sreese

sreese Walk On

Im cool with florida atlantic, no worries.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Coaching changes is not in the game, id like to switch to Florida international if that's possible and no one has a problem with it

11. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Murk and Reese, if no one PMs me that they have an issue with it within 24 hours, you can switch in-division. I'd prefer not to switch out of conference, but if you have a good case for it, let me know.

12. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Guys, no one has gotten back to me about it, so go for it. I know you guys had some preferences, but I want to make sure that those are what you wanted.

13. sreese

sreese Walk On

oc man im cool with the team i have. Hopefully theres not that much of a difference in the teams!

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll take FIU instead, thanks

15. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

http://twitter.com/Bumble14_OS

16. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Legacy,
    Nice catch. I hadn't seen that.
    If that turns to be the case, we'll have to change up the system a bit, but as I said, I'd like to see that the system works first. If it has us accepting jobs all over the country, it may not be something that we want to use, as we want to keep in two (or three at the most) BCS conferences to make sure that a good portion of conference matchups are user games. However, if it is the case, we could definitely simplify the system quite a bit, which would make things a bit easier, definitely.
    Hopefully more comes out about this before release. Everything I've heard to this point was that coaching contracts and the coaching carousel is not in the game, but this is apparently a bit of evidence to the contrary.
    Thanks again, L.

17. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I originally thought I missed out on the open spot. This now seems not to be the case. I would love to be a participant in this league.

18. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

bfruchey, we actually have filled both spots, but you're on the waitlist.