Crazy Idea

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Would anyone at all be interested in merging the two conferences so that we have more users games? Yes? No? Why?

Reason I would say yes is because there would be more competition, harder for people to get even a 10 win season. Wouldn't really impact recruiting much I don't think...Oh and it would not give me such a damn headache with schedules because I'm not sure I want to keep looking for people (maybe I can get bamagrad to rejoin us after the Tourney).

jello1717
    UofCWildcat
    blLL flo
    edge7771
    bigrice25
    Todd Ramsey
    niuhuskie224
    Hokie Effect
    jay2149
    Coachmedicis

2. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

Masler

Yes.

One big conference where everyone plays each other (or close to everyone).

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I will go with the masses on this one, but cpu games are a chore now....

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I wouldn't mind. Same way we finished up '12.

6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I'd be fine with it. I just think we would have to go 72hr advances to give everyone more time to match up schedules.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is the main reason I'd be against it (and why I may end up hating a 1 conference league next year). I think 48 hour advances are too long already (boy how I miss our regular 24 hour advances) and I'm sure I'd lose all interest with 72 hour advances.

8. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

I like the idea of more user games, this late in the cycle cpu games just are not as interresting.....

Im down with 1 conference.

9. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

One Idea- I run a Dynasty with my close friends(alot of you know cause we talked about this during the last off-season) going on 46 yrs now. 2 idea's came to mind. Mind you just suggestions

1) Continue with yr current file finish out the season and then swap teams to make the move to the B1G. That way no one loses progress on yr season's which is very impressive 19 seasons (Congrats).

2) If you do start a new file then go with 24 Hr advances Cpu & User Games. I use that plan in mine and its been a solid one. plus with the 1st yr schedule on Disc, all you would have to figure out is the advance schedules and when each Week comes up.

Masler

Hope these help in whatever Direction The E is going for the Final stretch run of Ncaa 13.

10. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Masler

I'm fine with either but to be honest, I'd probably want another season to recruit some better players before I get my ass kicked by SMU every conferrence year.

11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Don't worry about me. I may be done playing any games at this point and will just be recruiting.

12. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Ya I think that could kill a lot of interest I'm just not sure how many can commit to 48hr advance playing users. I'm not sure how many guys on here are in school, school and work, our already in their profession and with families. If one guy can't play one day then your down to a 24hr window. There are just some many variables to squeeze into a 48hr window. I just don't want to see people start going on auto because if that happens might as well stay like we are. But hey I'm willing to give the all user conference a go.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  13. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

well, are guys losing interest? is there another way to boost interest if so?

If there is no loss of interest then we should stay how we are. I find it dull playing the PC, but what keeps me interested is that I'm relatively new and i still have room to build my team, i know once your team gets built to where its year after year powerhouse status, it gets harder to motivate yourself to play the pc because you can dominate them so easily.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I see where jello is coming from and in no way do I want to kill interest.

Here's another idea, we get hired at other schools? Build up new teams?

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I like this. I got an idea but everyone needs to hear me out jello1717 included.

We got maybe 2-3 seasons left MAX. Why not have the 12 of us split into two low level conferences as the 6 worst teams (by what we have now the I'm thinking WAC and C-USA). We would have two conferences with no CCG and you'd play everyone plus make all our OOC games be vs the other users. It'd be a lot more fun than this...

16. jello1717

This wouldn't interest me. As I've said a few times before:
    I couldn't care less about any of the players on whatever cupcake team I would take over. The dynasty is always WAAAAY more fun to me when I'm finally playing with "my guys." Next year I'll have Timothy Hicks starting for the first time @ QB (he's completed 92% of his passes at a clip of 28 YPC so far as a FR backup). I'm bringing in 2 FR backs next year, including a 81 OVR guy with 86 TRK! I'm bringing in the best TE that I've ever seen in 19 seasons between online and offline. Etc, etc.

For me, my top choice would be to move us all into 1 conference (I already play the most USER games anyway) IF we could keep it at the same 48 hour max advance times. If guys can't schedule it, then it'd just turn into a CPU game which it probably would've been if we stayed in 2 conferences anyway. We could even make it an 11 team conference (meaning we wouldn't have to replace TCU) which would get rid of the CCG and would mean that there would be no CPU conference games. Of course, if we did this then it would probably rule some guys out of having any shot at winning the conference title ( Coachmedicis, niuhuskie224, jay2149, bigrice25, Masler ).

Another choice is to keep going with our current setup, but we're already pretty thin on active users which would make getting to the CCG pretty anticlimatic for some divisions (with only 1 or 2 active users). I would say that the divisions have the following active users still:
    Big XII-N (2)
    -S (2)
    ACC-C (2)
    -A (~1.5)

If we were to stick with our current conferences, then we should probably remove a couple of teams to remove the CCGs (even though I LOVE CCGs) which would leave us with about 4 active users per conference battling for the title instead of 1-2 per division.

17. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

jello1717 AY!! i feel like i would have a shot at winning a conference title!!1 :mad:

but i see what you saying, we would be underdogs because we are newer to the dynasty, but IMO thats what keeps it fresh for me, i like that type of challenge,

but i like your idea Jello. I like the 1 conference thing better though, just dont know if we would be able to keep the same pace, especially with only 4 months left before the next title

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364505453.260211.jpg
    I just think that as of right now, 3 games matter a year and 6-8 are fun. That leaves 4-5 games are fucking pointless. I think goin to new schools with a clean slate will liven things up for everyone. We could go bigger schools but as of now I'm debating shelfing 13.

19. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I feel most of us are thinking of shelfing 13 at this point. I am even thinking of playing Madden next year, and doing NCAA on my own.

20. jello1717

users.JPG

If you were in a conference made up of only users, I think you may have to win more than 36.4% of your conference games in order to win the title.

I'm not sayin'.

I'm just sayin'.

21. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

ay, i just said i feel like i have a chance.....
    Nothing wrong with being optimistic....

22. jello1717

And I was simply pointing out the error in your statement.

(y)

23. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

there is no error...

i said i FEEL like i have a chance. Your numbers cant deem my feelings as an error.

• Like Like x 1
  24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

False. Jello has no feelings so your argument is invalid

25. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

but we are not debating jellos feelings... My feelings were deemed invalid by jello lol