Crazy Special Teams Explosion

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jello1717, May 29, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    I just had the biggest special teams explosion in NCAA '13 that I've ever had in an NCAA game before and for some reason felt the need to share it.

It's week 3 of my offline dynasty and we're (#1 Michigan) playing Bowling Green (who is ranked #15 in 2023). They've held us in check all half and completely shut down our offense (we had 80 yards of offense compared to their 186 in the 1st half). They score a FG right before the half to cut the lead to 7-6 with 17s left (there was 17s left because I called a TO after the 3rd down stop so I'd get the ball back).

The explosion:
    BG kicks off (with their 95 KPW kicker) to my #2 return man and he returns it 98 yards for a TD with 6s remaining. We go into the half leading 14-7. (Check out the middle of the screen downfield from my returner around the :03s mark to see a BG defender go flying backwards completely across the frame as he got bitch slapped by my FB leading the charge!)

Michigan receives the KO to start the 2nd half. BG wants to have nothing to do with my #2 guy so they boot it to my #1 guy who says "98 yards?!? Pfft! That's nothing" and then returns the kickoff 100 yards for the TD! This is really crazy for me since my team only returned 1 KO for a TD during the entire 14 game 2022 season, yet I've just done it twice back to back (and 3 times in the 1.5 games played so far this season).

As if this wasn't enough, on the ensuing kickoff, the Falcon's returner is blasted and coughs up the ball. It's scooped up and returned for a TD by a FR OLB.

This gives Michigan 21 points in the span of 24 seconds of game time! What's more, this is all from special teams. You can bet my offense and their pitiful 80 yards of production are thanking their lucky stars for the special teams right now!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Oct 31, 2011
    I had a game a couple months ago where one player returned 5 punts for TDs before halftime.....