Creating Your Virtual Pro with an Eye Toward the Club

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by BlyGilmore, Sep 27, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Creating Your Virtual Pro with an Eye Toward the Club

Saw this in the FIFA 11 review posted in the other forum and thought it was worthy of a seperate thread ...

When you're creating your pro sounds like you'll have to think of a few more things than his size and position. Now you have to choose ...

- Position
    - Height, weight, all that good stuff
    - Role (basically the type of game he excels at)
    - Five of the new traits out of the 20 available

Good news is you can change this stuff on the fly.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Position: Mean Mugger
    Height/weight: 6'2'' 195 lbs
    Role: All up in your biznass, your girlfriend's bff
    Traits: Hard-worker, Jackhammer, Insatiable

3. BlyGilmore

btw traits are unlocked. most of them are from last year (things like second wind, power header, fancy passing, etc.) and you can only have 5 of the 20 equipped at any time.

pretty nice - won't have all around power house guys with tons of trait unlocks like last year.

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Played some Be A Pro matches today.. I've already got little AJ Hart up to a 77ovr.. He's really a good playmaker and he even had some nice finishes. I'm liking the looks of this kid, he's got some mad potential. He's 5'9, 155lbs. A perfect little CAM who can play behind a big physical striker.

I had always said that I didn't get the appeal of the Be A Pro Mode but after playing it for the first time today, it's quite fun.

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Position: Defender
    Role: Centre
    Playing Style: Stopper
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 187
    Overall: 76

I played a couple games today and I am worried about this game. With Career, Online Leagues, and Club Play, how am I going to find time to do anything else haha.

I also imported my gameface and had a much better time with it than last year. Actually least year, I couldn't even get it to work. This year, my face is plastered on my VP, acne and all haha.

6. BlyGilmore

btw I will say the combining of Be A Pro and Manager Mode is a dangerous thing lol.

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Good games tonight fellas. I think we could use a few more sessions in order to get this down. One thing which is key will be widening the pitch since we seemed very cluttered in certain areas of the pitch.

8. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

The damn game not out here til friday then il be working on getting my pro up to speed when I can then Il give you some width lol.

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I was looking at our team and it appears that we don't have any forwards... I would think whoever it highly skilled with special moves and finishing would be valuable to us. I on the other hand am not highly skilled...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. BlyGilmore

yeah most of the folks who were on last night were planning on creating more defensive minded VPs. I mean I was rocking the striker in that last game and my VP hadn't scored a goal yet lol.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I usually play up front. I'll be creating my guy as soon as I get home from work.

Since no one is taking the tall, aerial striker role, that's probably what I'll do. I had close to 20 headed goals in club games last year at 6'2''. Probably will be a bit taller this year.

Unless anyone else has any other suggestions.

12. BlyGilmore

that should be cool. with how pros are setup this year (you can only pick 5 traits vs. last year when you could have them all), having a tall striker with heading ability is going to be huge.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm going to investigate switching my VP to a right attacking mid to support Drifter from the right side tonight.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    When our club activity was at it's highest, I didn't have anything but the through ball trait. I didn't get the power header until just a few months ago. Wow what a difference. I'm talking headers from the top of the box being smashed into the corners.

I guess I will have to play around with the height.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i seem to be really good at setting up forwards with good through balls and crosses into the box...

you guys tell me where you want me.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You forgot to mention that you like to service players from the rear...

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

nah, i knew playa's on the downlow like you would read between the lines.

18. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I think I am going to try and move my CB up to a left or right mid. He is quick enough and seems to be a great passer.

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im buying the game soon. I really had fun the couple of times I played with yall last year.

I played soccer my entire life, so I usually have a good grasp of whats going on.

Ill most likely be making a forward, but will make my guy any position we need.

20. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Set up a beautiful goal last night with my guy. I really like the CAM role cause it creates space and gives me multiple options with people making runs on each side, however I can play either wing as well.

Anyways, I was the CAM and I had some space and was able to get by a defender as the target forward was making a run into the box. I was able to get a cross off and he finished. I love how much better and more realistic the passing is this year with the addition of weight behind balls. Makes it more difficult, and that much better when you connect with that perfect throughball into space, or cross into the box which sets up a goal.