Crimson Chronicles (2013 game summaries)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Sublime321, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

Crimson Chronicles (2013 game summaries)

Week 1
    #19 Alabama 59 Oklahoma State 17

Alabama started off the season with a HUGE statement.

We're back!

Bama stomped OK ST, 59-17.

Bama started off strong as Trent Richardson practically had his way with the defense, only to fumble on the opponents 30. OK ST then picked up a few 1st downs, only to settle for a long FG try. The FG was just short, but long enough for RB J. White to return it 105 yards for the 1st score of the game. It was essentially over after that. OK ST broke a 50+ yard run for a TD to tie it on the next drive. Then, the flood gates opened. Richardson scored on a 13 yard TD pass and rushed for another 3 scores while amassing 160+ yards on the ground. RB Jamel White had a 105 yard FG return for a TD, a rushing TD, and nearly 70 yards on the ground. 3rd string RB E. Rogers added another score and CB J. Allen returned a kickoff for a TD.

SR QB AJ McCarron went down eary...and often. He appears to be having hip issues. He missed a total of 2 quarter and realy wasn't that impressive when he was out there, going 7-13 for 130 yards. SO QB Danny Quinn came in for the injured McCarron and went 6-7 for 140 yards and a TD.

The defense was a bit weak at times. They gave up nearly 100 yards on the ground and over 200 yards through the air, including a late TD pass. The Bama D did come up with an INT and 6 sack, 2 of which came from MLB McMahan, who had 10 tackles as well.

This game got ugly so quick that Bama never had to worry about their passing attack. They were diving late in the game, keeping the clock running and the score somewhat respectable.

2. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

Week 2
    #17 Alabama 38 #12 Ohio State 21

The score at the Horseshoe in week 2 wasn’t indicative of the level of completion between tOSU and Bama. This game started off very sloppy as Trent Richardson fumble a ball on what looked to be a scoring drive. Both teams exchanged a missed field goal to end the quarter.

Richardson and the Crimson Tide managed to put one in the end zone in the 2nd quarter, while OSU missed 2 more field goals. The 3rd quarter saw a back and forth battle as Bama would kick a field goal to make it 10-0, only to give up a ton of yards through the air en route to a Buckeye TD. McCarron would then go on to throw a pick 6 (his 2nd INT of the game…3rd turnover). Bama’s backup RB Jamel White scored on a short run. The defense was torched again for another score. Trailing 21-17, Bama’s head coach made the call to bench SR QB AJ McCarron in favor of RS SO Danny Quinn. After OSU’s QB Guitierez threw a pick 6 to CB J. Taylor, Quinn proceeded to go 3-3 for 71 yards and 2 TD’s to seal the deal for the Crimson Tide (I added what was probably an unnecessary TD late. I need all the help I can get in the polls now that my prestige is at 3*’s. Remember, I took over a team that was CPU controlled most of the season and was just obliterated.)

Bama’s key contributors:

RB Richardson: 116 yds RUSH TD
    RB White: 41 yds RUSH TD and REC TD
    WR McMillan 4 Catches 143 yds REC TD
    CB Taylor 78 yds INT RET TD

It looks like Alabama may stick with Quinn for the time being. The following is the stat line for both QBs:

McCarron 24-48 (50%) 390 yds 0 TD 3 INT 1 FUMBLE
    Quinn 9-10 (90%) 211 yds 3 TD 0 INT 0 FUMBLE