Crop '13 Insider Blog/Twitter

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Sparty Header 2013-1.png

Spartan Report 2012

Michigan State has high hopes coming off their second consecutive double-digit win season. MSU challenged for the first ever B10 championship in Indy, but came up just short against Wisconsin. They went on to play Georgia in the Outback Bowl where they overcame a rough first half to steal the victory and their first bowl win in a decade.

MSU was fueled by one of the nation's top defensive efforts and they return 8-9 starters for the 2012 campaign. Johnny Adams is the leader of that defense as he returns for his 5th season. Adams is a pre-season all-american corner along with JR DE William Gholston.

[​IMG]

Gholston is best known for attempting to remove the head of Denard Robinson in the blowout and 4th-consecutive win over rival Michigan last year. Another key contributor in that win and the Spartan's success is safety Isaiah Lewis, pictured below after an INT return against Michigan:

[​IMG]

Other key contributors for the Spartan D are SO DE Marcus Rush, JR linebackers Max Bullough and Denicos Allen, SR linebacker Chris Norman and JR CB Darqueze Denard. Look for the MSU defense to finish among the nation's best for a second straight year.

On offense, the passing game is completely retooled behind RS-JR QB Andy Maxwell. Maxwell will have all new targets in TE Dion Sims and WRs Keith Mumphrey, Tony Lippett, transfer DeAnthony Arnett and veteran Bennie Fowler. The offensive line comes together with 3 returning starters, but many other returning contributors to make up one of the top-rated lines in the B10. They will be clearing the way for JR HB Le'Veon Bell, who enters his third year as the Spartan's workhorse.

Key Games:
    • Boise State week 1
    • Notre Dame week 3
    • Ohio State week 5
    • Iowa week 7
    • @Michigan week 8
    • @Wisconsin week 9
    • Nebraska week 10
    • @Florida week 11
    If MSU can get past Michigan in week 8, look for them to return to Indianapolis to contend for a trip to the Rose Bowl ... or more.

• Like Like x 4
  3. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

[​IMG]

After a tumultuous couple of years and the eventual firing of Legendary Coach Jim Tressel the 2012 Buckeyes are a very young team and the expectations for the 2012 Season aren't as high as they have been in recent years. Despite that fact, this team comes into the year ranked #18 in the Nation and they have some very good players on both sides of the ball. If they can come together quickly, when they welcome "That School up North" to the Horseshoe on the final day of the Season, they could be in position to go to the Big Ten Championship Game.

There are some very tough obstacles in the Buckeyes way however. Not only in the Big Ten, but the Non Conference Schedule is nothing to sneeze at this year either.

[​IMG]

NON Conference Opponents of Note

[​IMG] In Week 3, the Buckeyes will host the PAC 12 Cal Golden Bears. Despite not being a predominate National Powerhouse, Cal will be no pushover, and they wont be interested in traveling 3,000 Miles to roll over for the Buckeyes. I think the Buckeyes will be able to get the victory, but like I said, it wont be easy.

[​IMG] In Week 4, the Buckeyes will play their first road game of the Season. SEC Powerhouse and Perennial Top 5 Program Alabama will be waiting for the young Buckeyes in the heart of SEC Country. Ohio State should be heavy underdogs in this game. They might have a chance if they can slow down the Bama rushing attack but I have a feeling this is going to be a tough game for the Buckeyes. The Crimson Tide is simply better in every phase of the game and this young Buckeye team wont have enough to hang with them for 60 minutes.

Big Ten Conference Opponents of Note

[​IMG] The schedule doesn't get any easier as in Week 5, the Buckeyes will travel to East Lansing Michigan to kick off their Big Ten Schedule vs Michigan State. This game, as most Big Ten Conference games will surely be a hard fought battle. Looking at the two teams on paper, they appear to be pretty even with Michigan State having a little more experience than the young Bucks. This game, in my opinion is a toss up.

[​IMG] To finish out a 3 Week stretch of game vs Opponents in the Top 25, Ohio State will host Nebraska at the Horseshoe. Nebraska is a rough and rugged team and you know they will come to the Shoe on a mission. If Ohio State can slow down the Read Option Offense they should be able to come away with a victory in this one, but it most certainly wont be easy. I wouldn't be surprised is the Buckeyes won this one, and I wouldn't be surprised if they lost.

[​IMG] After a couple games vs some of the cellar dwellers of the Big Ten Conference (Indiana and Purdue) the Buckeyes will travel to Happy Valley, where they seem to always struggle regardless of who Penn State puts on the field. There are going to be over 100,000 fans and its going to be loud, by this time the young Buckeyes team would have already had a few hostile road games under their belts so, that should help them deal with the noise. Even still, I'm not sure if they can overcome the Crowd and the Hype surrounding this matchup, I'm looking for the Buckeyes to lose a close one.

[​IMG] After battling The Fighting Illini for the Illi-Buck trophy the Week prior, in Week 12 the Buckeyes will be traveling to Camp Randall where they have NEVER Fared well. Even when Ohio State was ranked in the Top 5 and had some of their most talented teams ever, they still struggled in Madison Wisconsin. Sad to say, but I don't see this year being much different. The youth of this team will once again come back to bite them as they wont be able to overcome this extremely hostile environment. Badger fans will be "Jumping Around" as they take care of the Bucks in this one.

[​IMG] THE GAME... Arguably the Biggest Rivalry in All of Sports. These two teams and States for that matter, absolutely HATE Each other. That hate is on full display yearly. The tides have turned in that last few years in this Rivalry. After Ohio State ripped off 7 consecutive wins, Michigan was finally able to end that streak last year. This year, Michigan looks like the more powerful team and will probably be favored in this game. At home, in front of 100,000+ at The Big House, this team is tough to stop. Denard Robinson will be running around like Crazy and if the Buckeyes are going to have any chance, they are going to have to find a way to slow him down... I am picking Michigan in this game, simply based on the talent on the roster, however, in a rivalry like this, you never know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

The 2012 Buckeyes are a young team, but they are a talented team as well. How quickly young QB Braxton Miller can adjust to a new Spread Offensive system will be the key factor in how well the Ohio State Buckeyes fair this Season.

[​IMG]

The 2012 Buckeyes will go as far as QB Braxton Miller takes them. This team simply can't win if he doesn't play great.

My prediction:

8-2 going into Madison Wisconsin on the 2nd to last Week of the Season... The games vs Wisconsin and Michigan to end the year will determine where this team goes in the Post Season.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Steve

Steve Walk On

ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 12 16.32.gif
    Week 1 vs Oregon

ScreenHunter_06 Jul. 13 23.55.gif
    Auburn battles for 3 quarters with Oregon before they let the game slip away in the 4th with 2 huge runs by Thomas. I was proud of the fight they had in them but it is very obvious that we have work to do on the plains.
    ScreenHunter_05 Jul. 13 23.55.gif
    Fraizer is going to have to produce better than this for us to win as well as keep his job.
    ScreenHunter_04 Jul. 13 23.53.gif
    ScreenHunter_03 Jul. 13 23.52.gif

• Like Like x 2
  6. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Buckeyes lose to Cal 16-14.

Cal DE Mustafa Jalil (73ovr) ties the Single game NCAA Sack record with 6...

Cal records 11 sacks altogether on the day...

Cal HB Isi Sofele runs wild for 167 yards against a Buckeye Defense that just seemed unprepared...

Braxton Miller throw 3 int, and is knocked out of the game late...

Backup QB Kenny Guiton throws 1 int also...

Just not a good game all around for the Buckeyes...

It wont get any easier as next week we travel to Tuscaloosa to take on JFunk and the Alabama Crimson Tide :(

7. Iron Mickey

You are stinky poop on defense my man!

8. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

David Do you think its the 4-2-5? or me lol

Also, the loss was totally on me... 11 sacks and 4 int... you'd think I would have started to run the ball a little more haha.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iron Mickey

bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[​IMG]

that shit is hilarious

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iron Mickey

Steve what are you using to take pictures? seem really blurry

11. Iron Mickey

12. Iron Mickey

Steve Da "U" is coming for you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

This blog has blown up in the past day

14. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama wins an absolute classic against Arkansas. With about 30 seconds left Bama scores a TD but can't convert the two points and has a 15-10 lead. Arkansas' powerful offense drives straight down and scores on a jump ball in the end zone with 4 seconds left on the clock. Bama gets the ball with 4 seconds left on the 20 yard line. Coach Wier just calls the Hail Mary and hopes for the best. WR Kevin Norwood gets lost in the coverage and clears the safety. AJ McCarron throws a beautiful pass in stride to Norwood and he strolls into the end zone to clinch an amazing win. Bama is 2-1 and is geting ready for the Suckeyes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

that's the college ball I like to play, its never over...till its over

• Like Like x 1
  16. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Alabama @ Michigan (S1) Highlights

• Like Like x 4
  17. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

[​IMG]
    This season the Huskies will rely heavily on an offense led by Junior QB Keith Price. The top targets for Price are senior WR James Johnson (JJ) and Soph WR Kasen Williams (K-Dub). Another top target figures to be Soph TE Austin Jenkins who is a big bodied TE with soft hands in the passing game. Price will need all the weapons in the passing game because the running game lacks experience with Sophomores Jesse Callier and Bishop Sankey the top two options. On the offensive side of the ball success will depend on the capable hands of Price to not only move the ball but to protect it as well, while the running game will wait on a playmaker to emerge. Also the Huskies will be led by a new coach this yr:​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The overall sucess of this season will depend upon the defense's ability to contain the high powered offenses in the PAC 12 especially those at Stanford, Oregon and USC. Guys like Senior CB Desmond Trufant and Junior All American SS Sean Parker will have to step up and make plays against their highly ranked foes. With only 3 senior starters on defense and 2 on offense this is a young team ready to make the leap from potential to reality.​
    Predicted Record: 10-3​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]
    Miami get back on the winning track. Defense stars once again while Morris struggles to be consistent ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Washington outlasts Stanford 13-7, next up is top ranked Oregon

20. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

If G keeps dropping "media bombs", this blog is going to take 12 minutes to download.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Iron Mickey

I love my HD screen capture

22. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Michigan Recap
    Week 3 - UMass @ UM. Mass came out strong with the same style running back as we've heard about at Miami of Ohio. Vincent Smith provided the fireworks by returning 2 punts and 1 KO for TDs. All in all, a glorified schedule. 17 - 59
    Week 4 - UM @ Texas State. Michigan came out strong and put the choke hold on the Texas State offense early. Vincent Smith added another punt rtn for TD as the offense played well as a unit. Late scores by Texas made them feel like they were relevant. 49 - 21
    Week 5 - UM @ EMU. The score indicates a nail biter in every sense of the word. It was tight for the most part but Michigan had control of the situation. In trying to extend the lead, Michigan played careless and gave up 3 turnovers in the 2nd half allowing EMU to creep back in it. 28-26

23. Iron Mickey

2012 Miami Recruiting Class Thru Week 4

MIAMI WEEK 5 CLASS.jpg

24. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Michigan Recruiting Spotlight
    1st installment from the recruiting trail this season. Coach Rausa is hot on the trail in his first year, trying to find the diamond in the rough.
    [​IMG]
    DT was a need for the 'Rines coming into the season. Cooper is definitly a can't miss prospect.
    [​IMG]
    Trae Wilson is the first victim of the fall out at Penn State. Michigan was able to secure his commitment quickly after his week 3 visit. Under ranked at the recent High School All Star games, Coach Rausa scouted him closely and believes he has a top notch player.​
    [​IMG]
    With great athletic abilities, Britton could come in and be the next Denard Robison. Or he could be the next great DB in Michigan history. Either way, he is a grade A prospect.​
    [​IMG]
    Trying to recruit more speed for our version of the spread, Clayton has some speed and athleticism that will be utilized in our system. Weather it is at WR or RB remains to be seen.​
    [​IMG]
    Mike McDaniel has slipped some down the player rankings, but he still remains a solid prospect for the Wolverines. Good size and speed will land him a starting role in a few seasons.​

25. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Geez. Britton is a stud. And that DT is an 80. I had to bail on him after I blew my rivalry game visit against Notre Dame. That's a nice class you've put together. Sparty is going to have work to do.

• Like Like x 1