Cropper League Insider Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

2011CoCBlogHeader2.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iron Mickey

Vanderbilt.png

[​IMG]
    2010 Statistics:
    SU Record: 2-10 (1-7 in SEC)
    ATS Record: 3-9
    Over/Under: 6-6
    Points Scored: 16.9 PPG
    Points Allowed: 31.2 PPG

2011 Odds:
    Odds to Win SEC East: 35/1
    Odds to Win SEC Championship: 150/1
    Odds to Win 2012 BCS National Championship: 15/1 (Field)

Offensive Outlook:
    The Commodores are looking to storm onto the college football landscape under New Head Coach G-Unit. Vanderbilt's new look offense will be a pro-style scheme with a balanced run/pass attack. Senior Quarterback Larry Smith (Senior) will be the teams signal caller for 2011. Smith, a savvy and experienced SEC player has good ability in both the deep and short passing game. He will have several important weapons to help him on offense with Tight End Brandon Barden (Senior), sure handed Wide Receiver John Cole (Junior), and deep threat WR Udom Umoh (Senior). In the running game, the Commodores versatile Tailback Warren Norman (Junior), he has a great balance of both speed and power.

Defensive Outlook:
    The team will be implementing Coach G's 3-4 Base Defense in '11. The defense needs major help with its weak pass rush (20 sacks in ‘10). DE Tim Fugger (4 FF), DT Rob Lohr (3.5 sacks) and MLB Chris Marve (80 tackles) key the front lines. The secondary is quite strong, led by CB Casey Hayward (6 INT) and SS Sean Richardson (99 tackles, 5 PD). Coach G runs an aggressive 3-4 scheme with 4-5 defenders rushing on each play, so it will be important for the back end of the Commodore defense to keep everything in front of them and tackle well as a team.

Conference Schedule: Ole Miss, @S.Carolina, @Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, @Florida, Kentucky, @ Tennessee

Out of Conf. Schedule: Utah State, Navy, Duke, FIU (Home/Away TBD at a later date)

Overall Expectation: Coach G has his hands full with below average talent in the best conference in college football. The good news is that he should have a good to very good offensive team that should be able to put points on the board. Unfortunately the Commodores look to be very understaffed on the defensive side of the ball with the lack of pass rushers needed in a 3-4 scheme.
    Expect a tough season for the Commodores in 2011 with a 5-7 record. Coach G will need to get a good recruiting class going early in the 2011 calender year.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2011 Naval Academy Spring/Fall Prospectus

2010 Team Stats
    PPG – 29.7
    Rushing – 3702
    Passing – 1560
    Tot. Off. – 5262
    Key Loss
    QB – Ricky Dobbs
    Key Returns
    FB – Alexander Tiech
    DE – Jabaree Tunani

On Offense…
    All eyes will be on new QB Kriss Proctor. Proctor did have a chance to get his feet wet when Ricky Dobbs went down for some time last season. This translated into 2-6 for 33 yards. Not enough to evaluate his passing game but on the ground, Proctor shines with 32 attempts for 304 yards & 4 TDs. He will need to continue that pace to have a successful year in 2011. His fellow ship mates in the backfield will be starting FB, Alexander Teich & RB Gee Gee Greene. Both runners finished with 5 TDs last season. Teich is a bruising runner who will get critical 1st downs when needed. The running game will need to mirror last season’s success to be relevant this season.
    On Defense…
    Defense finished 75th overall last season and doesn’t look any better this year with due to the entire roster turnover. The corner stone of the D will be DE Jabaree Tunani who will need to create havoc in the backfield and hopefully slow everyone down and give the second level a chance to make plays. A young secondary will be challenged early and often.
    Key Games
    10/8 – Air Force
    10/29 – Notre Dame
    12/10 – Army
    Predictions
    8-4

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iron Mickey

Tradition Sports Online Podcast is up. Good shit

http://traditionsportsonline.com/loaded-podcast-episode-1

Also, if you didn't get my txt message last night...I got a line on the game early. Not cheap, but it's expensive for overnight shipping. If this guy comes thru we will have the game Friday. If you want more specifics, text me direct ASAP

5. Iron Mickey

Interesting comment from Ryno in the Podcast...."If you lose 4 games at Alabama...you are going to get fucking fired"

Nice...tough apparently

• Like Like x 2
  6. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

and that is the way it should be, there will be some sourness with this coaching carousel

• Like Like x 3
  7. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    2010 Stats
    Overall: 8-5​
    Conference: 4-3​
    Yards Per Game: 322.8​
    Points Per Game: 21.7​
    Def Sacks: 27​
    Def INT: 9​

2011 OUTLOOK
    SR QB Ryan Nassib returns to lead the Offense. Nassib passed for over 2300yds last season and 19TD. SR Antwon Bailey will be the go to back this year. He will have to replace the production of former RB Carter who is now with the Colts. Bailey had over 800 all purpose yards last season. The WRs are lead by two SRs in Van Chew and Marcus Sales this duo accounted for 1025yds and 9TDs last season. If Coach GSU comes into '12 with another pass happy offense look for these two guys to be key to his success.​

Defense will be lead by stars like JR Phillip Thomas at FS. Thomas likes to get in there lay the wood, he had 92tkls and an INT last season. JR Shamarko Thomas will be back at SS. He totaled 67tkls last season. SR Chandler Jones will lead the D-Line from his DE position. He had 57tkls and 4 sacks last season.​

Syracuse must face Utah State, Navy, Duke and Louisiana-Monroe for their Out of Conference Schedule in 2011. Coach is looking to at least go .500 against user teams in season 1.​

Big East Schedule
    Home Games: Rutgers, West Virginia, USF, Cincy​
    Road Games: Louisville, UConn, Pitt​

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iron Mickey

Payton, are you ready to run the triple option!?

Paytonno1son

9. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning that way. I know I'll get killed in user games but I've had success against CPU team. But it should give me a leg up on my dream of coaching GT.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

David kilt me with it when he has used it. So you might get a user win against me

11. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

LOL! Figures we probably don't play!

12. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

We play the first 2 seasons according to the user match ups posted by David

13. Iron Mickey

Actually the triple option was broken in '11 and looks to be fixed for '12

Did you not watch that Army/Navy video posted in here?

14. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

15. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

[​IMG]

2010 Statistics:
    SU Record: 4-8 (2-6 in WAC)
    Points Scored: 22.0 PPG
    Points Allowed: 33.92 PPG

Offensive Outlook:
    The Aggies are very excited to have two National Awards watch list players in All-WAC Tight End Kellen Bartlett and All-World tailback Robert Turbin return this year. The offensive line is going to be a mess, and will be anchored by center Tyler Larsen who was 2nd Team All-WAC as a freshman. QB will be a question mark to replace Borel, but Coach Eyeke is excited to focus on an I-formation run heavy offense similar to what he ran at Stanford and Auburn, his previous two stops, while grooming and recruiting QB help.

Defensive Outlook:
    With 17 returning letterman, the defense will have many similiar faces and be anchored by Linebacker Bobby Wagner, who led the WAC in tackles/game last season. Running a 4-2-5 defense and funneling everything into the linebackers will be the focus. Losing 3 starters in the secondary will lead to a slow start but Coach Eyeke is excited to see what kind of speed he can recruit out of California to play his "Monster" positions. This season's Monsters will be decided in summer ball.

Overall Expectation: With Boise State leaving the WAC and an opening week game at Auburn, Coach Eyeke is in position to really make a name for himself and bring a WAC championship and New Years bowl home to Logan. Getting the opportunity to coach at his Alma Mater is a dream come true and his energy and spirit is spreading through the players, coaching staff and fanbase. Expect to see the Aggies make a big push to join the Mountain West soon after dominating a Bronco Free conference for the next few years.

Expect to see lots of this in 2012

• Like Like x 1
  16. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I ran Option most of the time last year.
    I just threw in user games from the option formations. worked great.

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

[​IMG]

Jeff Tuel JR QB 81 overall : Duel threat QB, EA sorely underrated him.
    Marquess Wilson SO WR 86 overall: A beast and the best player the Cougs have
    Jared Karstetter SR WR 79 overall: Big and solid, great hands and routes for the Cougars.

Deone Bucannon SO FS 81 overall: Leader of the secondary and skills all around.

Alex Hoffman-Elli SR OLB 79 overall: Solid player nothing too special

Aire Justin SR CB 76 overall: Top 3 talent 76 overall Senior? ouch.

Honorable mention:

Travis Long JR DE 76 overll: Another talented player that is underrated...thats what happens when you suck.

John Fullington SO LT 75 overall: Nice young bookend that will get better.

18. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

[​IMG]

2010 Record
    3-9​
    Points Scored: 16.5 (114)​
    Points Allowed: 34.7 (104)​

Offensive Outlook:

The Rams hope to improve upon one of the worst scoring offenses in the nation last year. Sophomore QB Pete Thomas hopes to improve upon a difficult freshman year which saw him throw 13 INTs and only 11 TDs. Sophomore RB Chris Nwoke hopes to pick up where he left off last season where he averaged over 5 YPC in his last 2 games. Look for the offense to be more explosive and having a solid stable of RBs will allow Pete Thomas some more time in the pocket.​

Defensive Outlook:

The Rams defense was equally disappointing last year finishing 104th in the nation in points allowed. However, their defense is seasoned this year with a bunch of under-sized fast head hunters. Led by Sr. OLB Mychal Sisson this group of athletes should be able to make some plays this year. This defense may be the anchor of this team.​

2011 Prediction

I think the Rams can finish 6-6 this season and make it to their first bowl game in a number of years.​

• Like Like x 2
  19. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

that is a badass video

20. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2010 Record
    5-7​
    Points Scored 24.2 (84th)​
    Points Allowed 30.8 (98th)​

Colorado has been a team on the decline for the past several years. Long gone are the days of Kordell Stewart and the 1990 National Championship, but the hunger and desire from the fans in Boulder for this team to return to the National spotlight are still burning strong. After the firing of Dan Hawkins, the Colorado Athletic department set out to buy the best coach money could buy. Enter Coach Runthepound....the winningest coach in the Cream of the Crop from last season. Coach RTP brings in a winning attitude, great character, and superb work ethic. Only time will tell if Coach Runthepound can restore the program that once was a feared opponent for many in the Big 12. As the Buffs enter into the Pac 12 this season, how long will it take for Colorado to grow into the contender they once were?​

Offensively - Colorado will be lead by Senior QB Tyler Hansen. Hansen (Sr.) is experienced and has become a smart QB who fits the mold of Coach RTP's runs and shoot offense. Hansen has some security in the backfield as Rodney Stewart (Sr.)is one of the Pac 12's best HB's. Stewart is clearly the leader of this team and as he goes, so does the offense. Hansen will have 2 very good wideouts to throw the ball to in Tony Clemons (Sr.) and Will Jefferson (So.) The O Line has some solid blockers and the previous staff compiled some decent depth there.​

Defensively - The D-Line, the LB's, and the Cb's are a patchwork diferent players that are mediocre and will be forced to share the load based on who steps up during the given week/game. Colorado's strength on defense will not go unnoticed. It lies soley in the safeties and both are very good underclassmen. FS Ray Polk (Jr.) is a ball hawker and can also lay the wood to the opposing team. SS Terrell Smith (So.) is very good at covering his space as well and will hopefully gain some great experience this season and be the leader when Polk is gone.​

Overall - The Buffs are defenitely going to have some growing pains over the first several years. There will most likely be some big wins sooner than later, its just how many of those wins can Coach RTP string together and how long of a leash does he have?​

• Like Like x 2
  21. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

[​IMG]

The Louisiana Monroe Warhawks enter the 2011 campaign with a sense of optimism and hope to improve on last season’s 5-7 record. ULM returns 17 starters and will employ Coach Tuco’s spread offense attack. The Warhawks will run a 4-3 defense.

PLAYERS TO WATCH IN 2011:

QB Kolton Browning -- Browning goes into his second season as a starter after throwing for 2,552 yards and rushing for 385. The latter total makes him the leading returning rusher for the Hawks. He is an accurate passer (61.9 percent completion percentage) but would be more effective if he cuts back on his interceptions (12 in 2010).

WR Luther Ambrose -- Ambrose is a very productive receiver. He led the Hawks with 65 catches for 752 yards and six touchdowns.

WR Tavarese Maye -- In addition to his receiving abilities (43 catches for 505 yards as a redshirt freshman last year), Maye is a threat as a runner. He ran for 103 yards in 2010.

LB Cameron Blakes -- Blakes finished No. 2 in tackles to LB Jason Edwards last season. Blakes had 11 tackles-for-loss (six sacks) in his 74 stops last year and was credited with five other quarterback hurries. He also had an interception and broke up two other passes.

PLAYER NOTES:

--QB Kolton Browning was named the Louisiana Freshman of the Year by the Louisiana Sports Writers Association.

Note- “Players to Watch” shamelessly ripped off USA Today

[​IMG]

Quarterback Kolton Browning​

• Like Like x 1
  22. Iron Mickey

23. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Please make ur pick for the TSO tourney

24. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

AF Banner.png

2010 Record
    Overall 9-4​
    Conference 5-3​
    Home 5-1​
    Away 3-3​

Offensive Outlook: Air Force has been very successful with their brand of option football over the last few years but it will get slight makeover when Coach JFunk comes to town. He has plans to implement a pro-spread offensive system. He wants to make use of being able to control the clock, spread the field, run the ball and still get the ball to multiple playmakers. It will be a daunting task with limited weapons but he believes in his system and will live or die by it. He is gonna put a lot of weight onto the shoulders of Senior QB Tim Jefferson Jr. He is not an elite passer by any means but has shown the ability to make plays through the air (1459 yard and 10 TD's) and is pretty quick on his feet(793 rush yards and 15 TD's). He is going to need to learn the offense quickly and minimize his mistakes to be successful in this system. Jefferson's decision making will be vital but the guy coaches want to be able to rely on is Senior RB Asher Clark. He is a small back at only 5'8" 185 but has great skill and rushed for 1031 yards last season. With a wide receiver corps that is more used to blocking than catching the coaches need Asher to step up and the receivers to be prepared to make plays when called on.

Defensive Outlook: Air Force has been running the 3-4 and Coach JFunk considers himself to be a hybrid defensive coach who adjusts to his personnel and the teams he plays. Expect to see a lot of base 3-4 defense for at least the first year but it could definitely evolve into something else as time goes on. The Falcons have two playmaking middle linebackers in Senior Jordan Waiwaiole and Senior Brady Amack. These two guys are expected to be leaders and playmakers for the Falcon's defense along with Senior cornerback Anthony Wright Jr. The challenges will be there on offense in a conference with the likes of Boise State and TCU(for one season) so Coach JFunk should get trial by fire on his defensive prowess.

Season Expectations: With a changing system and a tough conference set up The Falcons look to be bowl eligible. It is not outside the realm of possibility that they could pony up 9 or 10 wins but with a drastic change in offense and a mediocre defense a winning record and a decent recruiting class would be welcome.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  25. Iron Mickey

That Air Force banner is fucking kick-ass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.