Crossover Rivalries Returning to CL

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Call me crazy, but I think a little life needs to be breathed back into our beloved CL. The CPU is declining, we are moving at a slower 48-hour pace, so why not add some more user-user intrigue into the mix? Starting next year each team will have a protected crossover rivalry with a team from the opposite division. This means that you are guaranteed at least 3 user battles (the 1 OOC, 1 in division, 1 cross division), and you could of course get stuck playing the second team from the other division some years. Here are the new rivalries.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Paytonno1son and Glen Cieske have a pretty similar play style, so this will be a classic slugfest, battle in the trenches year in a year out. With Payton being a new member this year, there's not much history between the two, but that doesn't mean history won't be made when Michigan and Wisconsin square off on a yearly basis.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The oldest rivalry in Chompions League returns to the slate on a annual basis. A yearly matchup with Glen could have also been in order given our rivalry in CL '13, but given the real-life rivalry between these schools and the matchups I've had with Jbek dating back to NCAA 09, I'm glad to have this one back. OSU and PSU have already had some epic duels in CL '14, with Penn State snapping the Buckeyes' 26-game win streak a season ago.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This will basically be the opposite of the annual Michigan-Wisconsin matchup, as both sides employ high-powered spread option attacks. I like what I've seen in carolinaeasy this season, and he's hung tough in user games. Can he hang tough verse perennial contender jandy and Oregon? I'm looking forward to finding out.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Rhight really made an impression in his first season in CL by dominating Antonio T. and the Stanford Cardinal, who were coming off a national championship season. I'm sure Tony is looking forward to getting a measure of revenge. Now he will 100% get a chance to do so next season.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just because MrWitness36 and LSU aren't in the SEC West anymore, it doesn't mean that they'll avoid cyhiphopp and the Texas A&M Aggies anymore. TAMU has been a consistent fixture at No. 3 in the country, just falling short of the national title due to early losses during a tough schedule. Perhaps an annual meeting with an LSU team that has hovered in the past two seasons will give TAMU a chance to reach the top even after an early loss, or maybe it'll just make that schedule even tougher.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Another matchup between former SEC West foes. cmassey13 almost won it all a season ago, but was thwarted by LSU in the SEC championship game in a rematch from a regular season matchup. Perhaps Auburn will do the same, as the teams will play in the regular season and then could play in Atlanta for the conference title. For that to happen, though, Donkalion will have to continue his effort to return Auburn to the top of the SEC East. ​

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Good idea. It will be a boost to user content!

• Like Like x 2
  3. jandy

jandy Walk On

I really like this idea (as you know Spayer, I've been lobbying for this for a little while ;))

My favorite part of an OD is when everyone has recruited players and have built their team the way they want it to be. Adding another user game into the mix in addition to that, the national chompion will have REALLY earned it

• Like Like x 2