Crunch Time: BFR (for all owners)..Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Nov 3, 2010.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Ok, CA had a great idea to incorporate this for everyone and see what you guys think.

Let's pump through some questions.​
    [​IMG]
    1. Who is the favorite to win the National Championship this season? Is it Iowa and their balanced attack, or could another team sneak in and win it all?​
    2. Who is going to win the Heisman, and which BFR player is going to win the BFR Heisman?​
    3. What has been your biggest thrill in BFR? (This format or last), and what has been your biggest let down?​
    4. Who do you dread playing and who do you enjoying playing? (Hey it's crunch time right)​
    5. Alot of you guys have great ideas, opinions, and are very enjoyable to talk to. What can we do to get this thing to a premier level?​

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

1. I think it has to be Iowa. Too much of a balanced attack right now and Mike plays great defense. Has a great football mind as well. I think the Ohio State might creep back into it if some things go their way in the Big Ten.

2. I'll put my answers for this down later.

3. My biggest thrill has been seeing the change of our league's attitude from last format to this format. Just seemed like it brought everybody's level up a bit. My biggest let down had to be the lack of content from everyone including myself last format. I know we should have been a premier league but we failed to show it last format. Hopefully, this group sticks together so we can make the step next release.

4. Hard question for me since I love playing against everybody in this league. I don't know if I have played nrg or jam though. Don't know if I dread playing anyone. Cimmy and I have a rivalry that dated back to last year but I don't dread it.

5. I think we just need to keep contributing the content. Any content is good. When somebody posts something, I'd like to see more than 1 or 2 people replying.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

1. I've already made a vote for USC. Tough team. The Big 10 is gonna cannibalize each other. Mike is as good as it gets with playing Big 10 football, but if you gave me Iowa vs the field, Im taking the field.

2. Unfortunately I have no clue. Never been much of a stats guy. I'd give the edge to Pryor or Barkley.

3. I was really hyped about the recruiting I was bringing into Wisconsin. Never thought so many good players would consider playing there. The let down was not getting to finish last season I guess. I've never sniffed a natty in a TF dynasty so doing here, with this competition, would have been killer (even if I did ride the fuck outta Clay).

4. Honestly I'm not too excited about playing the Buckeyes this season. Mich is soooo young and I'm still very novice with their offense. Luckily I've got a few games to get broke in, but that game could get ugly, fast. I'm still waiting on a rematch with Dunlap. He stopped me 4th and 1 on the goaline with seconds remaining in the BfR tourney. It was a great game and I want the rematch.

5. If we make it through 4-6 seasons and keep it rolling till May or so, I don't know how BfR could be denied. The formula is there, the competition is there, keep it rollin'.

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Radio, that should be a good game. Got to figure out how to get Denard into the open field. Denard vs Pryor..

Watch out though, frisky wants to dick stomp his competition.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

1. Who is the favorite to win the National Championship this season? Is it Iowa and their balanced attack, or could another team sneak in and win it all?
    ~It's tough to say...Iowa has a lot yet to face. There is just too much talent in that conference right now that he still has to play...Michigan St and Ohio State. I've still got 4 users to play...Washington State, USC on the road...and than UCLA and Michigan State in Tempe. I don't think I have the talent to hang on. USC still has a lot to face yet too....Oregon and ASU at home....and UCLA and Penn State on the road. I gotta give the edge to Iowa right now.
    2. Who is going to win the Heisman, and which BFR player is going to win the BFR Heisman?​
    ~Well looking at the CPU players that are on the list...it's tough to call. Haha, I don't think I have seen any of these guys on other Heisman lists in other ODs....Roddy Jones, Tyrod Taylor, Greg McElroy, Noel Devine, Jeff Fuller. As far as BfR Heisman goes...another tough one at this point. There are a couple of good LBs leading the tackling...Greg Jones of MSU and Burfict of ASU with 40 and 41...but not for Heisman. Kirk Cousins is doing pretty well. Jeff Tuel is doing good too, but has way too many interceptions to be considered. WR Gerell Robinson from my ASU Sun Devils is in the shadows. 20 receptions for 636 yards (31.8 avg) and 5 TDs. Just adding my two cents. Unfortunately, I think I have to give the user edge to Ohio State HB Brandon Saine. Saine has 688 yards on 94 carries...averaging 7.3 yards with 9 TDs and no fumbles.

3. What has been your biggest thrill in BFR? (This format or last), and what has been your biggest let down?​
    ~Well, biggest thrill is tough to say. I've had a few. Last format as Oregon State coming back to beat Frisk as Oregon was exciting, didn't think it was going to happen. This year I have gone through two overtime games as Arizona State. The Oregon win was exciting, but I think the biggest thrill was beating Cal in double OT on a gutsy call. I had to nail a long FG to tie it to get to OT first. Then hold a very tough Cal offense to 3 points. Came up short on a couple of dropped passes and settled for 3. Had a 4th and goal from the Cal 1 foot line and had to go for it all. Got the TD and first offensive play for Cal was intercepted. My heart is still racing. Biggest let down has been losing to Washington and UCLA as Oregon St in the last format, both teams were CPU and both losses took me out of the Pac10 title chase.
    4. Who do you dread playing and who do you enjoying playing? (Hey it's crunch time right)​
    ~Right now I dread playing the remaining guys on my schedule. Tuco, Jam, Dunlap, and that pesky CA, Michigan State squad. I wasn't expecting to be undefeated and in the top 5 already with ASU and those 4 user games will be huge. Each one will be tough and I am dreading them all.
    5. Alot of you guys have great ideas, opinions, and are very enjoyable to talk to. What can we do to get this thing to a premier level?​
    ~This thing should already be at a Premier Level. Nuff said.

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

1. Who is the favorite to win the National Championship this season? Is it Iowa and their balanced attack, or could another team sneak in and win it all?​
    I think Iowa has what it takes to win it all. Their defense is formidable from what I have seen (haven't gotten the opportunity to play them). And from what I heard, H22 knows what he's doing on offense:thumbsup:
    I don't think anyone from BFR is going to win it haha. Have you seen Greg McElroy's numbers? Ridonkulous.
    I remembered playing against Boise State last year after I put up almost 300 yards rushing against the CPU the week before. It was my second game in the league and I felt some pressure as to whether I can duplicate it against a user. Lets just say LaMichael went off :D My game against ASU this season was crazy too. Trailing by 6 points with 90 seconds left, I got the ball to his 1 yard line and made him use his first time out. I kneeled and made him use his second time-out. I thought about kneeling again but was afraid of a 3rd and goal situation from 3 yards out and end up not scoring at all. I took the points and gave him his last time out. It bit me in the butt as he came down the field and had just enough time to kick the game-winning field goal as I looked away from the screen and tried to judge the result from the crowds reaction. ASU fans cheered....I cried. My biggest letdown was not being able to see LaMichael win the Heisman last season...he was out of control.
    I don't think I dread playing anyone. I haven't gotten a chance to play a lot of you guys yet so I look forward to the opportunity to do so.
    I think the content could be beefed up. I'm as guilty as anyone and will try to contribute more. It's tough being a west-coaster though, as the most opportune time for me to play is when most people are about to head to bed :(

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

1. Who is the favorite to win the National Championship this season? Is it Iowa and their balanced attack, or could another team sneak in and win it all? I'm going with USC, Tuco took my team so I'm on the bandwagon.
    For BFR Heisman, interceptions aside,Tuel should be considered being the winner. Dude is carrying Washington St. to heights that no one expected in year one. I don't know about numbers but the way Pryor guided his team the last three minutes against me for the comeback win was impressive. As fa as CPU, idk I head McElroy has crazy passing numbers for the super squad so I'll go with him.

Let down, is I keep getting those eff you games from EA even when I had USC (Arizona St. game) with Purdue most definitely the Northwestern game. THrill has to be playing with a lower prestige team my interest was dying so playing with a team I really have to mold is going to be fun.

I'll play anybody and I don't dread it, I think I've played most of or all of you through tourney, last and new format.

This OD is right where it needs to be, I have no doubt, it will hit the majors next year.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Let's pump through some questions.​

[​IMG]

1. Who is the favorite to win the National Championship this season? Is it Iowa and their balanced attack, or could another team sneak in and win it all?

I'll make this short and sweet. If Iowa doesn't win the BCS Title, then it will be a huge upset in my book.

2. Who is going to win the Heisman, and which BFR player is going to win the BFR Heisman?

Jeff Tuel? Haha just kiddin. To be honest I'm not sure. Since there are no real user contenders, the race is pretty uninteresting to me to be honest. I'm gonna say Greg McElroy but who knows!

3. What has been your biggest thrill in BFR? (This format or last), and what has been your biggest let down?

The biggest thrill would be the opening preseason tournament and first year for me. I never lost, BUT I think I had atleast 8 games that I won by less than a touchdown. That was pretty thrilling and really make me enjoy NCAA that I was in so many close games. Had nothing to do with the winning, just the fact that we all seem so evenly matched in this league. Of course the National Title was pretty cool too!

As far as a let down, I think our advance rate in the first format was really disappointing. Being my first time in an NCAA league all I had heard was that it goes really quickly as guys are pumped, and they always want to get their games in. What we had tho was guys who had CPU games just didn't care and they wouldn't get their games in on time, or wait until the very last minute. That was really disappointing and make for 4-6 day advances!

4. Who do you dread playing and who do you enjoying playing? (Hey it's crunch time right)

I always enjoy playing Frisk, although I'm not sure the feeling is mutual. As far as I guy I dread, nobody really....but if I had to pick one I think causes my the most matchup problems with the way he plays the game it's probably Mike/H2. He honestly just has the right syle of user defense to cause me lots of headaches.​

5. Alot of you guys have great ideas, opinions, and are very enjoyable to talk to. What can we do to get this thing to a premier level?

I think if we keep the content output at the level it is now, with half of the guys doing weekly stuff then we should make the jump. However we can't afford to go back to that long advance rate in my book. We are at about 2.5-3.5 days now. Thats really good and let's hope it stays that way.

9. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

If they get by Sparty, it is Iowa. Very efficient and the Hawkeye defense has been playing very well.

I am not sure he'll win but I would vote for Tuel of Wazu. He's got very little talent around him but is putting up big numbers.

The two games against sdunlap in the preseason tourney. The last was the championship game and both were thrillers.

Dread- Jam and Cimmy, I have yet to beat either and have played both twice, each of which has shredded my defense. Now both are in my conference.

In my opinion, the advances are the key. Any delay can make interest wane. This league has been good with them and hopefully we can get even better.

10. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Everyone seems to be saying Iowa, which is a great choice, but watch out for USC. If they can get past me in the last game of the season *flex* then they'll have a real shot for the title.
    Not sure about who will win the real Heisman, never really took an interest in CPU teams. As for the BFR Heisman, gotta go with Ricki Stanzi or one of those other playmakers on Iowa.
    Biggest thrill had to be a game I played as BYU last year against...i wanna say Michigan...where it really went down to the last second, just such a hard fought game. I wish I had a better memory to tell you more about it lol. Any time I lose is a big let down, so I try to erase those from memory. Losing in the Sugar Bowl against Alabama as BYU last year was pretty tough, but it was a great accomplisment just to make a BCS bowl game.
    Oh boy... I dread playing H22 cause he's just a beast all-around. CA is also a tough player for me to win against, thank god they aren't in the PAC-10 :). Frisk would have to be my favorite to play against, he plays the game the right way and has a great sense of sportsmanship.
    Content, content, and more content!