Crunch Time: H22

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Oct 27, 2010.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Welcome back to Crunch time, and in this week's edition we will interview the head coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Coach, you just won a huge game against PSU, how is the locker room feeling now? What were some keys to victory?

With the win, and the tOSU loss to Miami earlier in the season, you have a little bit of an advantage in the polls. How do you feel about your chances this season in the Big Ten?

With five weeks in the books, who has helped you the most this season? Specifically on offense and defense?

Stanzi is obviously your leader on offense and it really shows when your team clicks like they did against PSU. Who is the defensive leader of this team?

Finally, we recently changed formats in BFR. Do you like this format better and what do you think we can do as a league to better ourselves?

Thanks for the time!

2. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

[​IMG]

The locker room is feeling good. We came out and executed our gameplan and were able to come away with the victory. It is big to have a victory going in to the bye. As far as where we did things right, the secondary played very well. Some great hits lead to some key pass breakups, and the timely interception by Shaun Prater gave us a big stop before the half. The offense managed the game on the ground, and Stanzi hit his receivers when he needed to. I am hoping that we will be able to open it up a little more with Ricky in some of these tough matchups, but it is hard to go away from Adam and Jewel.
    As far as I can tell right now, I am only one game in. That leaves me with seven to go, and huge matchups looming at Michigan, and Wisconsin, Michigan State and Ohio State at home. I definitely can't forget about Northwestern either. They ruined our season last year. I have something special in store for them.

On offense, I would go with TE Allen Reisner. He is an asset to this team. He blocks well, he runs routes well, catches the ball, and can move with it after the catch. I have a feeling he will be yet another Iowa TE going to the NFL. On defense, it has to be Christian Ballard. He had a huge game against PSU, and is really a force up front. He is overlooked with guys like Clayborn, Binns and Klug up front along with the dynamic safeties we have here. He really starts the pressure that opposing QB's feel from the line.
    Tyler Sash. He may not always put up the best stats, but he makes the plays when they need to be made. Sash is a one man wrecking crew that can get a defense from dragging ass to hauling ass in just one play.

I love this format. This is the format that I learned to love last year. I can't think of anybody going undefeated (other than USC) in last years OD. The Big 10 was a slugfest. Cimmy won it year 1, I took the title year 2, I believe Cimmy again in year 3, and CA had the Gophers handling the hardware in year 4.

In response to the other question, things like this keep me going. I am not the greatest "idea" guy, but when stuff like this pops up, it gets my creative juices flowing. It really helps me try and get something out on the scrren that benefits the OD.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great answers man..Some good insight on the Hawkeyes!

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I thought the title of this thread, "Crunch Time: H22", a biography on how I destroy him periodically....