Crunch Time: Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Nov 4, 2010.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Great answers last week guys!​
    What are some of your favorite content threads from Bowlin for Roses? Any other things from other leagues that you like?​
    Besides playing NCAA, what are some other leagues and games you guys have been playing?​
    IRL, who is your favorite team in collegiate football, some of you are obvious..but some I have no idea. Why are they your favorite ?​
    When did you start on TF and how did you find out about the league?​

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I really liked the Recruiting Insider that Dunlap did. I also liked Jam's power rankings. I like the things that are being done in my premier league right now - SH Blitz, Frisk & Hack's Weekly content and Tracy's new radio/video show.

I liked playing in a madden league but I dropped that for personal reasons. I would like to get in one next year with my Vikings! Right now I run an NBA 2K league with ryty and Emmdot. I will be playing the new COD when it comes out hopefully if I get some extra loot.

Well, I am from Minnesota so I do like the Gophers but not a ton. I have grown a liking for LSU for some reason since playing with them in SH for 2 years now and they have almost the same uniforms as my high school team. I also like old school powers like Nebraska, Penn State, Miami, FSU... Teams like that.

I started last year when NCAA hit the market. I was planning on forming a small league with a little website off of OS but cimmy talked about this TF thing. I took a chance on it and have been an attic ever since.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I like the betting game cause everyone can get involved. If you don't partake, you lose. I really don't check out other leagues much. My favorites are just general recruiting threads where everyone braggs about their commits.

No other leagues except NCAA. Me and the woman play Left for Dead 1&2 about once a week, and I've put my fair share of time into the Modern Warfares. NCAA is the only game I play on ps3, everything else is 360.

The Vols. I grew up about an hour from from Knoxville so they've always been my team. My Alma mater (East TN State Univ) dropped football my sophmore year so I really have nobody else to root for. Always been a fan of Auburn as well, no idea why. I root for Duke pretty hard now because of David Cutcliff (former Vol Off Coordintor).

Was looking for a dynasty on EA's website when I saw a post for BCS Bowl Busters. I joined and shortly thereafter it was migrated to TF as X3B. Been stuck ever since.

4. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

What are some of your favorite content threads from Bowlin for Roses? Any other things from other leagues that you like?​
    I definitely loved the Recruiting Insider sdunlap used to do. The gambling game is a great idea and is a close second. As for other leagues, I know in CoC (idk if they still do it) they would have an actual radio show where they would have "guest coaches" on and interview them about their season, upcoming matchups, etc. Always thought that was the greates content I could think of. Obviously it takes a lot of effort by everyone and technology but it is a great idea.
    Besides playing NCAA, what are some other leagues and games you guys have been playing?​
    I played in the MLB:The Show league for a little bit when that was up, and I mostly just play computer games and NCAA.
    IRL, who is your favorite team in collegiate football, some of you are obvious..but some I have no idea. Why are they your favorite ?​
    Well I haven't been to college yet, I'm a senior in high school. However, it looks like I'm going to attend FIU soon so my favorites are FIU and UM.
    Jeez idk when I started, sometime in October I guess. I found out about BfR from Frisk, if I remember correctly.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

hey FIU there is a kid from my town that just took over the starting rb job for them Kedrick Rhodes, true freshman

6. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

What are some of your favorite content threads from Bowlin for Roses? Any other things from other leagues that you like?

I love the gambling contest. I am a degenerate gambler as it is, plus I think it adds a great way for everyone to get involved.​

Besides playing NCAA, what are some other leagues and games you guys have been playing?

I've been a gamer all my life but for the past year or so, it's been NCAA or COD:Modern Warfare 2. MW2 is pushing NCAA for my favorite game of all-time, it never gets old to me although the excessive cheesing (one-man army with danger close) is turning me off a bit lately. I am an average player but love the game and am very jacked for Black Ops.​
    IRL, who is your favorite team in collegiate football, some of you are obvious..but some I have no idea. Why are they your favorite ?

Although I have degrees from both Ball State and Indiana, I am a long-time avid follower of Notre Dame football. I grew up in South Bend and it's just been a part of my life since I can remember. I attend three to four games every season, including a road game, which has been a great way to see other campuses and stadiums.​
    When did you start on TF and how did you find out about the league?

I did not start on-line gaming until November 2009. I was just poking around the internet when I started, looking for an on-line dynasty to join and someone suggested tradition football on a message board.​

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Great answers last week guys!​

H22's show was great, I've enjoyed anyone who has posted recruiting insight, Jam did a great job with his power rankings as well. The Betting lines are legit too.

MLB the Show these are the only two games I buy each year

You already know. I live 30 minutes from the Swamp and my mom and sister went there and I would have too but I went to school for free at Furman to play ball.

CA rescued me from OS right before last year's title dropped.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

What are some of your favorite content threads from Bowlin for Roses? Any other things from other leagues that you like?

I always am a huge fan of power rankings. Gives us something to banter about as well!

Besides playing NCAA, what are some other leagues and games you guys have been playing?

Been in the OMFL (Madden League) since its inception here at TF over a year ago. Season 4 now....currently 16-0 undefeated trying to do the improbable and run the table with the Jags!

IRL, who is your favorite team in collegiate football, some of you are obvious..but some I have no idea. Why are they your favorite ?

I think most people here know, but I am a Crimson bleeding Washington State Cougar. I went to school 2002-2006 so I was there for the greatest run they've ever had in collegiate football going to the Sun, Rose, and Holiday bowls three consecutive years. I also witnessed the resurgence of our usually solid basketball program back to where it had historically been.....thank god for the Bennetts.

When did you start on TF and how did you find out about the league?

I feel like one of the 'veterans' on TF. Been here for awhile. Haha. This was the first year I've bought/played NCAA since 2006. . .been awhile. Was looking hard for a premier league and when there were no spots Frisk referred me to CA who was gracious enough to allow me in.