Cry to Defensive Minded Players

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by JFace907, Oct 2, 2012.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

As someone who mainly played fullback in 12 cycle play centre half this cycle has been a blast. The strategy and physical presence you can have on the pitch is better than its ever been before. Granted i've never scored a goal with my pro in clubs but i have assisted many and i must say that in 13 preventing goals is FAR more rewarding. So this is my campaign to have folks join Shaun Mason and myself in the backline. If Danthraxxx is manning the pipes I normally captain our backline and I personally love drawing offsides and assigning markings so we can just wreck shit. The TFC defense averages just about a goal against a game and it is due to stellar team defense. We just need more users back, enough of the AI players!!! Kasper does a fantastic job as our 5th man coming back playing the CDM role, but it still leaves us with the other centre half and opposite fullback of shaun to fill. Don't think this is COMPLETELY about defense either, the fullbacks play a CRUCIAL role in build up. Ask Shaun how much he contributes to the offense, i think it almost surprises him how vital of a role he can be with overlapping runs and support in the build up.

• Like Like x 5
  2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I will be there soon friends. I really do hate how little time I've had to roll clubs lately.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I love playing on the back line. It is really a chess match stopping opposing forwards.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I like when we have a good user back line, only reason I was coming out of my keeper role is the lack of cup games. I figure with no extra time or PK's we need to score , but we won the only game I was keeper so maybe I should just stay back there ? I like running around and I think I make good passes when in open space, seems like I hold it too long or panic when I don't have much room.

We coulda used iBleedOrange247 last night too, and we could use Pig Bomb if he would not have gone all AWOL on TSO :(

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I love playing CDM (thanks for the support JFace907 ) It's lets me sit back and help the defense (which I love doing) but also get to help keep the offense on attack mode by keeping the ball on the offensive end.

If we have more people than we did last night (add hammerhead, IBO, and Moon - I think that's all I am missing - and we are a very very good team imo).

6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Yeah kasper you are doing a great job, one thing i'd suggest is actually playing back a little bit sitting about 5-10 yards in front of myself and the other centre half and play a holding midfielder and if you get a bunch of green when you get the ball, take that real estate and let guys make runs around you. Not sure how much soccer you watch, but the best example i can think of is Michael Bradley. When he doesn't get too crazy with playing long balls, thats the kind of game he plays and he excells at it IMO

7. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Sorry guys, I really wanted to play last night. Maybe tonight I'll tough one out and stay up late if we do clubs. I got frisbee til about 10est, then I may play a couple matches if we do. Im usually full of energy afterwards so it takes a while for me to get tired. Anyone passed my 5 goals in the club yet?

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah I need to take advantage of open field in front of me when I have it. I have a tendancey to just pass it forward and try to get it going forward too quickly instead of making someone pick me up.

9. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Exactly the beauty of the cdm role is you're the point guard and the catalyst of the attack. You can help dictate the pace of the game as well and slow it down when needed.

You want to settle in those pockets of space and control the flow by holding the ball when necessary and pushing it forward when you feel it's time to do so. A real important role. That's why you should play it and not Roggie. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

The more I play it the more I will get a feel for when to push it and when to slow things down. I'm starting to grasp it I think.

11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I love playing LB/RB. I'll be attempting to get a pro up and running soon so I can help you fellas out.

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Just don't play it too well! I don't want to lose my spot :p Its probably my favorite position to play in clubs because its all about slowing down the attack before it hits our defense. There's a lot of opportunities to make reads on defense, and pick out passes that spring an attack. Although, I suppose I'll be playing Any most days so its not a big deal. If anybody wants to step up and run the any on some nights feel free! I like playing it, but I wouldn't mind mixing it up and playing just as my pro every once in a while.

13. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

We've been using the 4-2-3-1 wide so we need 2 CDMs.

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Well that works too, I just wanted to give Kasper some shit :) I think we ran the 4-4-2 with the diamond midfield the other night too. I'm sure we'll be experimenting with some different formations for a while yet while we figure out who all is going to play and where people are effective in the new cycle.

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hell yeah, me and Goose Goose and I would be great CDM's together IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

is there room for another right back on the club? i'd love to get involved again :D