CSU's Quarterback Controversy, S6

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Apr 13, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Having a really tough time picking a starter. Went into practice mode and all had various strengths and weaknesses. I think it'll come down to which QB fits with the rest of the offensive personel the best. Here's what I'm picking from:

[​IMG]

To see their ratings and such, click the link below. You may have to manually scroll down and select Colorado State's roster.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty#module=moduleRoster&dynid=200650&sku=662A0001

I'd like to get the opinions of some of you "offensive gurus" out there about which one is actually the best QB. My offense requires somebody who can be a threat on the read option, but can make accruate throws as well. He has to have a decent arm as well to make opponents pay when they roll their coverage to defend the shorter routes.

Everyone besides Ward was an "athlete" when they committed to CSU. I believe some of the ratings are skewed because some have higher ratings that correlate with other positions. A lot of these guys could've play DB, RB, etc.

What do you fellas think?

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Michael Wiggins. And what playbook are you using? But the reason I chose him is because that 97 accel is going to be a weapon and 80 throwing accuracy isn't bad at all.

3. IrishBearcat

I was BYU last season, but I think I could change. My RB's are geared more towards a pro-style attack, as well as my WR's.

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I am proud to say Aaron Andrews has a better overall then any option on your list :p
    not sure if the rest are as good. I have not looked at the other attributes but I hate starting a senior that is BARELY better then younger talent unless the senior has been starting for 2 or 3 years already
    Lindley was a junior when he started our dynasty but a 3rd year starter (then he went pro!) Clark stepped in as a sophomore and started 3 years. Andrews stepped in as a sophomore and will start 3 years. in fact, in a 13 year span, SDSU will have started only 4 QBs.

Andrews has an 83 TA. sadly that is better then ALL 4 of your options. wiggins has the clear advantage in TP but thats not really a big factor as with the lack of accuracy, you have to really aim your passes (dont lead receivers) and you cant trust aiming a deep ball as it will be overthrown or you will aim it too far inside and it may get knocked down. Considering Pittman is only 2 TA behind Wiggins, and is only a freshman, I would look into starting him just because you can set up a career and he may break more sacks and be a bigger playmaker. Unless you strongly believe you are pulling a freshman that is better then 70 OVR and can start immediately
    If you would have redshirted Ward this year, I may recommend starting Wiggins and let Ward come in next year.

either way, the decision is not MUCH different. I just like to start young players and set up their entire careers in a close attribute matchup.

Im amazed that my offense is extremely comparable to yours this year. even our defenses are close. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR TALENT?

PS> just looking up some of this I used my new team history website and totally know Im going to do it from day one next year! probably for all teams. I love stats and history!

5. IrishBearcat

I thought this was the CSU QB controvery thread, not the SDSU QB history thread lol :p

What happened to my talent? This senior class is the first recruiting class I ever brought in, which was shit. None of us cracked the top 50 in that season. It doesn't help when you're pulling talent out of Colorado either. I had the 3rd to last pick too!

I unfortunately promised Ward I wouldn't redshirt him because I expected a tough battle for him, but no teams stepped up and even recruited him. I went into practice mode and Sullivan is definitely the best runner (well, besides ward). His inability to throw intermediate passes accurately or with force I think is too much for him to start for my team.

Wiggins looks so funny, he's like a fucking pear on the field. I fixed him up in the appearance a bit cuz he looked like some drunkass joe smoe that was selected from the stands cuz the team bus crashed or something. He has the best arm strength but his accuracy is a tad shaky. 80 was good, but his lack of agility really hurts his rushing ability. Any step that's not forward is really really slow.

Pittman actually looked to be the best combo of them all. I don't understand why but in practice he was throwing pretty damn good passes, even deep down the field, that were accurate. Idk how a 77 THA and 78 THP throws better than Wiggins or Sullivan, but it did. He also looks to be the most complete running threat. I think he's the favorite right now.

Ward is DEFINITELY the future, but I'm worried his "true frosh-ness" and lack of awareness will rattle him on the road and in big games.

I can't wait to get home and figure it out, exciting :D

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

WAIT WHAT!!!!!!! WE CAN PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

7. IrishBearcat

Yes, we decided since you couldn't tell if people were making promises that it was allowed as there was no way to police it. We did this back when we was doing our first NCAA 11 OD.

Where have you been at bro? I've unlocked like 7/10 promises

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

OH MY GAWD! i dont read things, you know this! i have never used a promise. but i seriously did wonder if there was a way to see if others do it. well that sucks!

9. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

all my promises are unlocked... also, i think you should use Pittman, he will be there for 4 years and u can grow your offense off of him. kinda like what i did my Smith...

10. IrishBearcat

A ride on the pony at meijer: $.01
    Cam Newton's dufflebag: $180,000
    Oshio owning himself in recruiting for 5 seasons: Priceless

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

what I find sad, even though I have *some* CaliSwag, I still manage a middle of the pack class for MWC standards, including the 3rd best class this year. i almost pulled a 5 star WR and could have promised no redshirt, early playing time and probably freshman AA in my offense!

12. IrishBearcat

Yea man wtf, CALI? You should be raping in recruiting!

13. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

If I can go out and pull a top 25 recruiting class this year, you guys will know what's up and just be thankful that I basically killed like 3 or 4 years.
    I got a ton of scholarships to give and i set my board with high expectations. now that I know I can promise, it sounds like these guys are begging to sign! recruit trackers will be funner this year

14. IrishBearcat

lol I'm still laughing out loud about u failing in recruiting

15. IrishBearcat

GREAT, GREAT, GREAAAAAAT call on Pittman fellas! WOW he had fantastic game!

I made one of my soph WRs into myself, Pat Lambdin. He had the first TD of the season which was pretty cool to see me score! :D Ended the game with 2 TDs and 124 yds rec on 4 catches.

Pittman went apeshit. 12/18 for 188 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INT, 5 rushes for 81 yds, 1 TD ALL IN THE FIRST HALF. Man this is gonna be a fun year. :)