CTL 2011 Recruiting Slider....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

CTL 2011 Recruiting Slider....

Taken from Hellisan E3 Report..

With that being the case, what are your preliminary thoughts on recruiting difficulty in CTL? Assuming it is possible to put together a top 5 recruiting class with a team like Ohio St. on Heisman, it may be the most realistic setting. CPU teams reshuffling their board just like us, players not easy to commit early in the process. However realistic Heisman or AA, it could make recruiting for our teams very very tough.... So would we go with tough Realistic settings, or easier setting for our recruiting since we have bottom teams??

My Choice would be tougher.... It's not easy to rebuild a team and I understand that. I shouldn't be able to put together a top 20 the first seasons.... I'll all for the hard work to climb the ladder. It will just make it that much greater when I win the national title with Fresno St.

What say you????

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I definitely think it needs to be at least All-American and depending on how cheating it feels like the CPU is on Heisman, I'd be inclined to go with Heisman instead.

Hell, as a 1star Idaho team, I'll be lucky to get decent 2 star players.

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I agree with the tough settings. I prefer the games to be tough, instead of blowouts all year.

4. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Yeah, I agree with this. I'd want to start with AA, because EA has a tendency to make Heisman the Godmode for the CPU. While I'd like for recruiting to be a big challenge, I'm not confident that they're going to get it right the first go-around.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think we all want more of a challenge than the old system provided, but won't know exactly what setting until we get to play the actual game.

6. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

True enough, I hope that we aren't disappointed with the system once we bump up the difficulty.

7. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

I agree on tougher settings but who knows how it really is til we play a season.

8. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Just a casual observer of this league, but from what I've heard and read of recruiting, it should give smaller schools some help too. The reason being, worse recruits are more realistic and won't think they can get on really good teams. So I don't think 1 star recruits will have USC and OH St. at the top of their list.

9. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I don't think we will be disappointed. On heisman we will have only one change topic, and seeing as how the recruit controls the topic we will be forced to pitch things our school is not great at.....

I think it can add a little help, but I think toughness added is greater. It's like your recruiting a 3 star player at a must need position. You've gotten yourself to #1 on the recruits list.... Then all of a sudden USC losses their recruits for that position. So now they reorder their draft board, and guess who's at the top of their board for that position??? Your 3 star recruit!!! Now they are recruiting that player hard so your locked into a tough battle vs. a power BCS school. Next thing you know, that recruit commits to USC and now your looking for 2 and 1 star players to fill that important need.

Sounds like fun battles!!! And also painful losing recruits to bigger programs, but it's what happens with the smaller schools all the time. You build more by finding the quality players who aren't the highest rated, and winning. This is why I am up too this challenge. I knew what I was getting into when I joined this league, and it seems everyone else has the same mindset which is great!