Current state of SFML

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Nov 2, 2009.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

Current state of SFML

Ok guys, we need to all jump in here and give our thoughts. Right now this league isn't going as planned. People are either dropping like flies or not rejoining. The scheduling forum looks pathetic....

I for one need someone to step in and take over the commissioner duties. I lost my job on Friday so I'm in the process of filing for unemployment and searching for another job. If anyone has connections in the PC Support World, your help would be greatly appreciated. In between that I have a 1 yr old son who needs all the attention he can get. I probably should have saw this coming but I didn't so I apologize for not planning ahead.

With that said, that doesn't mean SFML is going to die. We have enough people here to go forward. We just need to decide on whether or not we want to wait for 32 owners or proceed with what we have now.

I need everyone who is RDY to be active and play their game to reply to this msg. From there we will have a better understanding as to how many teams we have active. I would like at least 16 human controlled teams before going forward. We can do 16 human / 16 cpu, and the league will fly by which I think all of us will enjoy. Its more competetive when there are 32 owners involved but for now we have to work with what we have.

I'll start it off

"Giants are here and active"

# of owners :
    11 of 32

Patriots
    Cowboys
    Ravens
    Giants
    Panthers
    Saints
    Seahawks
    Colts
    Browns
    Chargers

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Status unknown as of right now. Me and jersey are conjuring up an idea/plan that will shake up the foundation of the SFML.

3. hurdrs123

hurdrs123 Walk On

I'm still in for the longterm, but I need to be reinvited

4. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Cowboys are here and plan on staying here.

5. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Ravens are here and active.

6. trutest

trutest Walk On

Done, sent you an invite

7. Herc

Herc Walk On

well. First off although i like the every 2 days games I think most people cannot do that, I think we should do 2 games a week max.
    For me personally, I do not wanna play in a league with less than 24 owners. I want to stay as i hate quitting leagues but playing cpu is juts not fun for me.

8. Papa Perry

Possibly New Commish

Alright guys here's the deal:

Me and Jersey have been behind closed doors discussing the changeover of commish to me. I have got it somewhat ok'd by Drifterbub. And me and him are ironing out some details andchanges I intend to make with your approval and opinions involved.

First of all, the lack of contracts has really been somewhat of a OF killer if not handled the right way. Tags are a good alternative but it somewhat makes it hard to rebuild teams. I cruised some forums and found a really good system that I beleive would work and when I suggested it to Drifter he said he had actually thought about this but there wasn't one available at the time.

This is the link: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/277527.page

I look for us to follow those rules with some modifications we will talk about.

Now here is the million dollar question: If there are a lot of teams well over the cap, would you guys be willing to start over a new OF or let you see what you can do to fix your cap issues? You could keep your same teams or swap to another if we start over. It would just give us a fresh start to what could be a great league.

Amount of Users
    I would like for us to get between 16-32 users. We can discuss it and if we think it would be easier for us to advance and get games in we can cap it at 24 users.

Also I am going to need someone to step up as a CO-commish to help me out with some other things I have planned. Jersey if you think you would be able to PM me for details. Also, anyone else that would like to help PM me if your interested. As you can already see I need whoever is interested to be somewhat familiar with Excel because a lot of the League info will be handled on it. Only person I ask not to pm me is Caddi because I know how people from Muscle Shoals are...:p

I have more to tell everyone and I will post more tomorrow to let you know. Right now if you could give me some feedback on your thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

Gonna be offline this evening so if you wanna speak with me earlier email me: perry.justin.kilgore@gmail.com

9. Joe0705

Joe0705 Banned

Saints owner here and active.. I'm an old commish of madden leagues and have extensive experience running both NBA and Madden leagues for previous sites.. If there is anything I can do to help to keep this going, let me know

10. CaddilacRockBox

Hahahaha. Nice. I never realized you were from AL. Ever been up this way?

Oh, and I can help sparingly. Just started a new nursing internship, been busting ass all day.

11. Betz

Betz Guest

I'm still open to play games. I'll go with the flow if you want to start over I'm down if not I'm down too

12. Fooath

Fooath Walk On

Why is it so hard to keep leagues active? Man this is depressing. :(

Active! :)

13. roll2tide

roll2tide Walk On

Here and active

14. THE Gregoose

THE Gregoose Walk On

Chargers owner active, hang in there bro more IT JOB will come. Technology is growing/upgrading really fast and places are in needs of tech support.

15. Papa Perry

Right now we have about 11 users still active. Y'all let me know what you think of starting over. It won't take long to get it set up and we need to recruit more users. If you want to swap teams let me know. I'm swapping to the 49ers or Falcons unless their owners come back. But we're taking a vote now. If you don't wanna go public with your vote pm me. But we need everyone's input or some people will be upset with the start over.

Just post yes to start over and no to continue with what we have.

Also, to the ones that haven't posted whether or not you want to continue, if you are still in the OF you might as well quit the OF because you will be booted to make room for new users we intend to bring in. You have until wednesday at 6:00 pm cst to post something here or contact me in some form or fashion. If you miss the deadline you can still rejoin, you just won't be guaranteed your original team.

16. trutest

trutest Walk On

it would be nice if EA updated the online franchise rosters... slackers

17. Papa Perry

^^^

That's something else I have thought about. What would you guys think about manually updating them with the restart? I believe I read a blog that said the reason they haven't updated them is because they have them set to what it was at the beginning of the season after preseason. I can see that as a good reason but we are able to make the moves ourselves if thats what people would want. the only problem with that is the updated ratings cannot be implemented

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

here and active....if we start over i would like to move from the 49ers to the Packers....

19. gonegold19

gonegold19 Guest

Falcons here and active

20. Herc

Herc Walk On

like i said in previoys post im here and def active if we get atleast 24 guys. if u guys intend to run the league with less that that than im not really interested. just hate playing cpu.

21. CaddilacRockBox

I'd like to hang on to the Ravens. I wish the ratings were updated though. (Flacco, Rice) Restart or not, doesn't matter to me. I was out of town and missed my first 3 games, so i've only really played one.

22. Papa Perry

As of now, I plan on starting it over. We're not that many games into it so it shouldn't hurt us too bad. Right now we're gonna worry about recruiting new guys that are dedicated and in for the long haul. To those of you that started off with a bang I apologize for the inconvenience but I urge you not to quit as we will be throwing in new rules to get guys in quicker for the ones that start to slack. I will have a new update in the moring as I am tired after fixing up the contract spreadsheet and having to modify it to be accurate and reflect the newer rosters as the older ones are off pretty badly. (Plaxico was still on these rosters LOL).

Guys that haven't committed yet you still have time to throw your name back in.

New guys that are interested in joining this league. PM me with your 3 team in order of preference and I will begin working on a list to get you guys set up. Barring anyproblems this will be totally set up by this weekend which is a good time for most to do free agent talks and preseason trades. If you have questions post here or pm me. Thanks and Roll Tide.

23. Herc

Herc Walk On

im the Panthers. what teams are available so I can see if I wanna switch?

24. Papa Perry

This is the confirmed list for the new start of the OF:

Jersey - Giants
    Caddi - Ravens
    GoneGold - Falcons
    bbjimmy - Packers (switching from 49ers)
    Goose - Chargers
    Fooath - Colts
    Roll2tide - Browns
    hurdrs - Patriots
    nati - Cowboys
    joe - Saints*
    Herc - Eagles (from Panthers)
    Papa - Dolphins (switching from Bengals)
    Betz - Titans (from Eagles)
    JB21 - Vikings
    Castor - Undecided

*Thinking of changing

Any team not listed be open for switching by current members or choosing by the new members

So far this just makes 13 and I want us to get more before we have officially started. I'm possibly gonna start advertising the league today on these forums and if its ok with Drifter, on OperationSports. If you guys have any friends that play madden and can be dedicated tell them about our league. Let's make it fun and challenging for everyone. If we have to wait through the weekend we will...

25. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

yeah i want the packers thanks...