Custom Club FIFA League

Discussion in 'Tradition Soccer' started by BlyGilmore, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Custom Club FIFA League

So i'm sure you folks have seen the creation centre info for FIFA 11.

One of the things that's cool about it IMO is with some elbow grease you can create a real online league with player movement and team finances.

Such a league would not be for the faint of heart, since depending on how the creation centre is setup we might need to be creating our club roster by hand. but IMO creating 23/25 guys isn't too big of a deal (consider Ryno were once in a league that created 10 players each for 30 NFL teams by hand in game).

Anyway, here is what i'm thinking (subject to change based on better ideas being presented or the ever sticky "EA won't let us") ...

- 10, 12 or 14 custom clubs depending on interest. The league will have two flavors - you're traditional home and away fixtures against all the other clubs in the league. And an FA Cup style tournament.

- World player draft. Once the game is released and we know ratings we'll have a snake draft with all of the players in the world eligible to be selected. Hopefully EA will let us pick them and put them on the roster, but worse case you might be recreating carbon copies of the guys in game by hand.

- I'm thinking we'll use the All-Pro Football/Ultimate Team system for rosters. Players will be placed into three pools based on their overall - gold, silver and bronze. Assuming a roster of 25, you'll be limited to 5 gold players, 10 silver players and 10 bronze players.

- At the start players will be assigned 1, 2 and 3 year contracts. So after the season a 1/3 of the league will be available on free transfers. Bids will be used to sign players at that time and players cannot be extended. All new signings are 3 year contracts.

- A group of about 10 players will also be released into the league each year. Likely 1 gold, 3 silver and 7 bronze players so folks can fill holes. All those players will be bid players. Set transfer prices will be set for these players based on their overalls.

- Each teams finances will change each season depending on their success in both the cup and the league. This will be used both for weekly wages and also transfers.

- Players will progress based on their age and how many games they played. I'm thinking each player will get a certain amount of points that can be added to their non-physical stats as their owner sees fit. So you won't be able to make guys faster or stronger, but can make them better at marking, finishing, shooting, crossing, etc. (otherwise we'd just have a bunch of fast young fuckers running around).

- All the moves available to real teams are available in this league, including transfers and loans with any stipulations both sides agree too. Teams are not allowed to carry any debt.

Thoughts? Ideas? Who's in?!?!?

2. BlyGilmore

[/crickets]

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Haha, sorry Bly. I read this over and I just have a real hard time doing fantasy style leagues. For some reason I just love to play with real teams. I do however LOVE the idea of an ongoing league with transfers.

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah what Blaza said. Is it possible to have financials etc in a real world league? For instance we all chose an EPL team?

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I would rather do this with real teams as well.

Again, I'd like to call Liverpool. :D

6. BlyGilmore

whether this is possible with real teams will depend on whether you can use existing teams in the creation centre.

and no, i'd have liverpool :thumbsup:

7. Blaza

I'm so glad you jerks support such shit teams!

[​IMG]

8. BlyGilmore

hey look its Barcalona's future central midfielder.

9. Blaza

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Already called them BIA!!! Don't make me go quotin threads

11. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

I am in the process of gathering some brazilian fans... including myself that would love to bring some S. American spices to your European League. As of now I have 5-6. Once the game comes out it will be easy to get more? You at all interested in having a bigger league?

I'm not really into the whole fantasy draft either :/

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

sho nuff.... bring them on.

13. BlyGilmore

if we end up doing a league like this, which is my baby, you're SOL.

besides when did it become cool to call a team before the game is even out? if its just a straight up league Liverpool is all yours cause I won't be playing :thumbsup:

14. Blaza

Aww, put a pad on that pussy ya homo.

A real league would be cool---we could still do the transfer idea if the game supports it.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i would be down for doing it with real teams and not fantasy draft... count me in for the Hot Spurzzzzzz

16. PAgamer07

Speakin of Fifa...

Has anyone heard anything from Mutt?

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hahahaha whatever Bly. Take Blaza's advice and sew it up, toolio!

(y)

;)

Real teams league w/transfers > custom league as described >>>> straight up "league" where you have to start every season fresh, IMO

I have a feeling that we'll be able to figure out some great ways to get some stuff going once the game comes out.

And BTW, Ryno, when did it become cool to call teams before the game comes out?? ;)

18. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

I'm down for a league, whatever type it might be.

19. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'm down also.. Be it custom or real teams.. I love Arsenal but I heard there might be another Gunner fan around these parts. I actually don't really care what team I am. I kind of like the Ligue 1 teams like Lyon or Bordeaux but I also wouldn't mind some sort of random draw or anything like that. Whatever we end up doing.. I'm in!

20. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Count me in as well. My vote is for real teams, non-draft.

21. PAgamer07

Chelsea or Man City for me if EPL.

22. Blaza

Did Bly take his ball and go home? :(

23. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

24. BlyGilmore

nah i'm still here. kind of in a holding pattern at this point to see what kind of options we have with the Creation Centre. As is EA's style they like to release some fluff that sounds awesome but when you start doing some digging doesn't have a lot of meat to it. So nothing about the Creation Centre that I've found so far gets down into the weeds and talks specifics.

it's just high level "you can create custom shit" fluff within elaborating.

So really we have two big questions that need to be answered for I think we can get too far into the specifics on this ...

- Can you use real teams in the Creation Centre. i.e. take Liverpool with their kits, default roster, Anfield, etc. and then edit it. If we can, then this can work with real teams. If not we'll need to either fake it (which might be gay) or go with fictional teams.

- Are real players in the centre? so can we take players and move them around. for instance can we take Robin Van Persie and put him on Liverpool?

25. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Well, the good news is, EA announced early access to the online Creation Center for those who pre-order. This should give us (assuming those who have pre-ordered) a good idea of the depth of this new tool prior to game release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.