Custom Play Book Info and Tid Bits

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by uagrad90, Jan 14, 2014.

1. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Since 2 we got started with Season 3 last night I wanted to post a little info to help and remind those that are going to use custom pb this season. Remember if all you want to do is change your audibles you will have to use a custom for that.

1) This is the most important one of all. When you get ready to play when you get to the setup screen, the one after an invite has been sent out and were you can select the option to change you uniform. The middle option, I think it’s called advanced, when you select it will take you to the playbooks. Even if your custom PB comes up you must cycle off it to a default game PB and then cycle back. You must do this for each custom (Off and Def). Once you have cycled you can back out and then load into your game. You will know you have forgotten when as the game starts to goto the kickoff you get a blue error screen.

2) When creating a custom it is not wise to take a PB and gut it to 1 play and then start rebuilding. What happens is PB you are editing has only so many spots for say Shotgun formations. So if you take the Colts PB and remove all I, Strong I, Weak I formations and then start adding shotgun formations here is what will happen. When you goto practice with this PB if you have exceeded the spots for formations you will see them overflow into the Hail Mary section. If you see this you need to go back and remove some of those formations. If not you run the risk of getting some of those weird results they have on OS. So its best to stay within the intent of the PB. You don’t like I formation heavy but want I formation twins. No problem, remove it and add the other. Just don’t go overboard, cause its easy to do.

3) If you try to remove a formation and its say you cannot due to it’s the last play in that scenario, scroll over to the game plan section and look for that play and remove it from the game plan. Once you remove it from all scenarios in the game plan you will be able to remove that formation.

4) Believe it or not less is better with a custom. Im not talking about a PB loaded with money plays but it ends up hurting you more when you have so many formations and plays you cant find what you want to run.

5) If you use the quick play call box in game the way to get the plays you want to pop up is thru the game plan feature. You can add and remove plays from the game plan and you can also rate them as to how often they will pop up.

6) Make sure you set your coachs PB to the one you built from inside the CCM that way you will be able to use a PB very close to your custom in practice mode. If not you will be using whatever you coach's default PB was.

As I come across more tid bits I will post them here as well.
    Ryty
    smace767
    Jmustang1968
    Cimmy24
    thirdalarm
    Cole Copeland
    _MG_
    bigtubb_
    controllerabuser
    cadepetty247
    uagrad90
    thebouncer24
    Zikry
    CTfromDC
    Ehmo Van
    BobJr
    G_T_G
    BG
    wayers50
    Blackattack87
    Emmdotfrisk
    pitt4life21
    Spayer419
    Rhight
    capp34
    xxkimura
    Hitmhrd72
    bandit3324
    DC
    CHUNKNESS
    Coach_III
    KNICKSFAN_84

• Like Like x 3
  2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Good Research uagrad90

Let me add..abuse the Read option..

and

DAS BOOT

• Like Like x 1
  4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I used it twice last night . once for 10 yards and once for a smack in the mouth. It abuses me

5. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Oh Yea one more Very Very important thing. If you do use a custom and you enjoy being able to due such, please dont abuse and load up with money plays. This is a very big tool we have been given access to and when used properly it will really enhance the game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

This is for losers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

no you

8. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Load up on your money plays, Derek. I won't stop you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

oh i will

Shotgun counter in yo face

• Like Like x 2
  10. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Actually its not if used properly. Myself I removed every draw and read option in my playbook. Then again I suck anyway and will lose alot.........

• Like Like x 1
  11. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I don't doubt you. It still makes me worried though giving guys this much freedom. What is the point of hiring coaches anymore?

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

For the fun of it you negativiw Nancy SHIT

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I can't even spell right I'm so frustrated with your SHYYYYY GTG SHIT!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I didn't use RO once last night against Cimmy24 but I did abuse the shit out of him

• Like Like x 1
  15. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

I agree with you to a degree. The changes should be within the scope and scheme of what your guy runs. I mean coaches tweak all the time. But you should not take Ditka and go all shotgun zone read. But if you add a couple runs or passes to what Ditka has or add another I formation to his existing I formations that's within the intent.

Besides we abuse the freedom, we will lose the freedom.

16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

SDatKCStat.PNG SDvKCStat1.PNG

I wouldn't say "abused" considering you only had 176 total YDs of offense, including 1 43 YD TD Pass on a PA that my LBs decided to stop pursuing Bray on...1 56 yard rush by Charles for a TD (out of 76 YDs tota)...1 Kick Return TD....and 1 Scoop and Score.

You may wanna start using that RO if it were me....

But, to each his own. :cool:

17. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Custom PB IS FINE.

It's always the owner, those that abuse even abuse the regular playbooks.

18. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

:smug:

19. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

good job guy (y)