Custom Playbook

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by SatansAngel1104, Feb 20, 2013.

1. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Since Im still getting familiar with NCAA in some ways (this is only my second game) I still feel overwhelmed making a custom playbook.

Whats everyones idea on the best way to make one? Start with a base and weed things out or start fresh and add?

Jot down plays/formations you like from others before hand

or Just wing it?

2. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I would suggest starting with a playbook that you like and then weed things out (add/remove formations) Note that the playbook type that you choose will determine your positional needs.

Go to http://www.playbooks.ncaaplaybook.com/ which allows you to view all plays/formations whether by formation, team, or even filtered by # of receivers. You can even create a custom playbook on the website if you register to give you an idea.

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Take a playbook you like. Weed out the plays you know do not work. There are often numerous plays left out of each formation in your play book. Look at the play art, add plays you think will work. Do this for all the formations in your playbook.

Find a default roster similar to your Dynasty team. Load a 15 minute quarter AA difficulty exhibition game against the bet CPU defense you can find. Simulated everything that is not offense. Go through a Formation testing all the plays. Get a feel for what works when and what never works. Remove the things that never work. (never use practice mode, Practice mode is a lie)

After every year I look at my PB and which formation I found myself rarely using. I delete that formation and try a new one. Eventually you just see patterns in play art that works and play art that does not work. Also add remove formations based on personel

Also make sure the run audible in ever formation is decent. You do not want a shitty running play as your audible. If there is not an R stick down audible you need to add running plays till you find one that qualifies.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I'll have to try the 15 minute quarter things. I guess if you really want to replicate your offense, you can create a school and match player attributes.

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I wish they let you save off your team each year. It would be interesting to be able to play exhibition games or unranked online games using saved dynasty rosters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Yes, this would be nice.

7. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

How do you know if theres a run audible in each? or do i find this out in the offline game by testing all the formations?

8. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

pretty much. I do not know what controls what play is used.

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I want to say that all formations have a run audible (so long as you have a running play), but if you remove an assigned audible from a formation, it loses its run audible. I could be wrong though.

10. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Is that what the (Audible) is or is that a play that is one of my Audibles? I just wonder if some of the custom playbook freezes is because people may delete those...

I have a book made for next year based off my Idaho book...
    Ditched Wildcat and one of the shotgun formations and added some 5 wide and some plays to get my RBs more involved.
    I think ill get smoked using it next year as i may also change to a 4-3 as i have a decent set of LB's... could be an interesting year following this year's poor record.

11. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Thank you guys for all your advice and input.

12. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

when you audible you have like 9 choices. You have the 5 that you can set to whatever you want, but then you have four directional choices that are all in the same formation, run, PA pass, short pass, long pass. Most people use these far more than the ones you assign because the D usually can't tell where if you call a couple audibles that switch you to 4 wide and you pass the D knows right away when you audible to 4wr what play is coming.

13. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Yeh i can only set audible out of two formations... i have 3 set audibles for one and the two bumper audibles are another formation.

14. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

when you call an audible you have those five plus you have up, down, left, and right on the stick. If you click the left stick it will show you all of your buttons. Then when you hit X it will show which button and which direction is what play or play type

15. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

x button then a right stick direction are always formation based audibles. These are automatically generated for all of your formations