Custom Playbooks & Autopilot

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Jayrah
    sreese
    gowazzucougs
    Colemanchu
    recchem2000
    bucsfan047
    MaxATX34
    whygodwhy1111
    Darr27z

I dont know how many of you are using custom playbooks, but they are starting to really become a nuisance in terms of getting games simmed.

***IF YOU GO ON AUTO OR LEAVE THE LEAGUE, PLEASE CHANGE YOUR PLAYBOOKS BACK TO DEFAULT. THE GAME WILL MORE THAN LIKELY FREEZE IN THE EVENT THAT THE CPU IS BEING FORCED TO USE A CUSTOM PLAYBOOK***

Furthermore, there are still people in the league that have not posted their playbooks for this season. This was to be done by the 3rd week or the 2nd user game / whichever came 1st. This needs to get done ASAP.

Lastly, you guys have been doing great keeping this league moving amid the turmoil we have had lately. Thank you for the time you are putting in, it is greatly appreciated. Let's keep this league moving at the pace we had been going for the last few nights, and get to the offseason by the weekend / early next week.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im using the Arkansas playbook from now on...switch over in Night Owls and havent had an issue. No issue with tonights game either.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Honestly guys I think we need to get rid of the custom playbooks all together. I think they may be the cause of some of the glitches with games freezing.

Also, we need to get this puppy back moving where we had before dru and dan left. Play your games fella's!

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I oppose getting rid of the custom playbooks. Between basically 3 season in Night Owls, and 4 seasons in AM, (I didn't use a custom playbook in season 1) I have experience little to no problems. These are the problems, I encountered, season 1, using standard playbook, recchem and I disconnected, I think he pulled the plug because he knew I was going to win. :). Season 4 against Dru, game froze twice, Dru believe it was because something regarding him making audibles. This season after the UA game, the game froze after the loading screen. I don't really believe any of that is related to custom playbooks.

As for going to the default playbook when a user is on AP or leaves the dynasty that is fine, because that was a bitch with the Arizona game. However, Cheez I have to ask you how were you able to play our game, because I never changed the playbook, were they running my offense, or Washington State's offense? Both you and Dru50 said they ran the hurry up. My playbook is based on the Arkansas playbook, which is not hurry up. Easiest way to figure it out, is did they run the pistol, and when they did they have two backs in the backfield, or better yet did they ever have two backs in the backfield in either a shotgun or pistol formation.

5. gowazzucougs

And people, we need to get our shit together regarding playing our games. Last week I asked everyone if we needed to slow the pace down, and everyone poo pooed the idea

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Perhaps the game is so messed up, it only freezes with certain plays in the custom playbook...I really have no idea. If nobody goes on AP, then we are fine. I think I will continue to not use a custom playbook just because I like to think it was the cause of all my game freezes. I really have no idea what causes the game freezes I have been experiencing this year.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I still poo poo the idea :)

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

You guys shouldn't have a problem since Darr27z started destroying.....er.....took over USC.

9. sreese

sreese Walk On

Since i believe i have finished all my user games this year im going to stay on ap for a little while, im totally holding up the lg and i hate to be that guy. I dont want to give up on this game but im getting tried of all the bs.

10. gowazzucougs

Again, what BS are you talking about? I think things have been going smoothly. The only issue currently is people who are on AP that have custom playbooks. All they need to do is set their playbook to the default playbook and everything is fine.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I agree with cougs here Reese...we all know there are other games out there that are taking folks time. I think we here are just trying to keep this thing moving along a good clip. Noboday is asking you to stop playing the other game, just play your game here too. I get it, we all do. But this is a premier league and that needs to be put at the top of the priority list.

12. sreese

sreese Walk On

im talking about my 2 disconnects with darr when we tried to play and im also talking about the way the game knows exactly what you are running, even when you audible.

13. Cheez

I'm not ready to ban them completely just yet, simply because there isnt enough evidence yet to determine whether or not it is the cause of every problem. If the league were to agree to it however, I would institute such a policy. The only thing is that when half the league is using a custom pb - I dont expect that to be the case and I'm not trying to change everything in my first week on the job.

Cougs - I honestly have no idea how I got my game in against your CPU team, and quite frankly all I remember is a lot of shotguns and the hurry up offense.

This is a premier league - ergo, it should be on the top of the itinerary. There is no reason that we cannot adhere to the schedule that we had been using with. Last week was a little rough, but we had quite a few 24 hr advances in a row prior to it which is great.

You haven't been holding up the league. Just get your games / recruiting in and you'll be fine. You werent the only one last week - but remember that you acknowledged that this would be your primary league even when NBA came out. I dont care how much you play NBA, just as long as you get your stuff done here first.

So you're going to let one experience ruin your fun in the league for you? Shit happens, deal with it.

I really wish I would have read this post first, because it sums up a lot of what I was saying. Recchem, thank you for maintaining order while I was gone today. I taught my first lessons in school today, so the last couple of days have been stressful for me getting everything prepared. I haven't been as active on the forums as I would have liked to have been, but I am trying to pick up where dru left off and keep this league going at the pace it had been. I've noticed that user content is starting to dip - we need to get back on our horse with that. Content is what separates the good leagues from the great league. Lets keep these forums rolling - all of us - and that will help us get over the problems we have with the game itself. When we are having fun, it becomes easier to overlook some of the shortcomings of the NCAA series.

14. gowazzucougs

Cheez

It sounds like you were going against WSU's playbook. There are lot of shotgun, and three pistol formations.

15. Cheez

I wonder why it would have made the switch for you to WSU's default, but not for anyone else when they encounter a similar issue. This is quite the conundrum.