Custom Playbooks - What will you run?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Wick36, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Let's assume you're a few years into your dynasty and have the personnel that you want?

What types of formations and plays will you focus on having in your book?

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Lots of I, ace, and offset I. With a power back, speed back, and emphasis on tight ends and o line. Would be nice to have a big play wr and decent fb

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

We're strikingly similar. Need a big play TE for sure.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

One speed WR, one possession WR, a speed back and a pocket QB. We'd run a balanced pro style offense, able to spread you out and still run or pass, as well as line up with two TEs and run power O. A little play action pass to the speed WR to keep defenses honest and play sound defense.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

A lot of spread. Two speed receivers, and One possession receiver. Of course need a balanced QB who can run and pass. This offense would consist of mainly runs from the shotgun and jet sweeps from the speed WR's. Lot of read options and if I notice the defense starting to crowd the box we can easily just start throwing the ball.

6. Wick36

I plan on rolling with a few varieties of ACE, a few I, several strong/weak I, 1 shotgun 2 back formation, and a variety of looks from the gun. Hopefully a wildcat formation or two.

I want the game from under to be pretty vanilla. I can use motion to create different looks if I need to. From the shotgun, I like having a variety of different formations and plays from the gun so it's a lot easier to mix it up and it's really nice for those tweener downs.

As far as personnel goes, I like to have a speed back, pocket or balanced QB, big receivers, with at least 1 being a speedster that I can use to stretch the field. An athletic TE who I can trust is a big positive as well.

7. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

A healthy mix of ace, pistol, and shotgun wing formations, that way I could give multiple different looks for fairly similar concepts to keep the defense off guard​

8. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Just for the sake of argument. do you guys expect to see formations such as Power I and Gator Heavy in everyone's playbook?

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yes, but not on TSO

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Can't forget about the fleXbox One formation

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Even though these sound bad the run balanced playbook this year had wishbone, Maryland I, wildcat, 5 wide, and I think they had gator heavy too

12. classic

classic Walk On

im running straight compressed undercenter playbook with one wildcat formation not sure which one as of yet wont be gator heavy tho since everyone and there sister uses it in ranked..really looking forward to custom playbooks this year

13. classic

classic Walk On

i would need a QB who has decent arm strength and has good acc short and mid range...im not much the deep ball thrower maybe once or twice to keep the Defense honest...my RB would have to be a MJD type who is just as good running the ball 30 times or could have a game where he has 6 or 7 catches depending on what the defense gives us...2 balance TE and a strong pass blocking Oline ..

14. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I will have Power I, but it will essentially be my goalline formation

15. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Yea.
    Yea..the thing about ranked..those guys are gonna have all money plays and still use only 4-5 plays at the most

16. classic

classic Walk On

your right bout that coach which means easy wins for me lol cuz once u see those so called money plays once they not smart enough to scheme around the formation or the plays so those will get ate up

17. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

I think this year I'm going to go with a pistol/spread attack but still lock in some I-formation in case I need a short burst. I hope to have a diverse look but we all know what happens when we find a few plays we like (who needs the other hundred plays)?

18. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

Ace, I-Form, Spread attack, Pistol. Maryland I would be a staple of my goal line offense.

19. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

it'll be nice to have a fully rounded out playbook stock full of plays, formations and sets you'll use.

this takes care of two pet peeves I've had about NCAA for a while ... there never seemed to be a perfect playbook for your style (every playbook missed something) and there were always holes in each playbook. Things like not having a HB Screen in certain sets you use a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wick36

This x2.

I found a really nice playbook for my style near the end of this year with Oklahoma, but it's still missing a couple of things. It really blows when you have formations without counter or similar key plays. Each playbook always seems to be missing a great formation or two as well.

21. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I definitely plan to add quite a few "Pro" style formations and plays to Michigan's spread offense. Utilize TE's and the FB. Over the coarse of my offline Dynasty (and possibly my online as well) I will erase all evidence that Richrod was ever here, and take Michigan back to the Lloyd Carr smashmouth days.

22. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

x3

I found my eventual playbook in, of all places, Alabama. Problem was that, as a one back set, it didn't have nearly enough I formation for my tastes, nor enough of the type of shotgun I like to run. I'm a big believer in a good TE, especially considering tOSU's Stoneburner (TE #11) who had size, speed, great hands, and could block the OLB's long enough on the spread plays, and help out on double teams. I just feel... weird running the ball sans a TE.

But as to NCAA 2012, I think my eyes might be bigger than my stomach and will have to trim this down, but I want to run a multiple style offense. A fair bit of Ace and a little bit of Pistol for a wrinkle off of that. A good bit of I Form (probably only Normal, Twins, and a Heavy formation, whether Tight or Double TE, idk yet), with the Strong and Weak. And then a lot of Shotgun with half in the spread option vein and the other half in passing.

As for recruiting, a mobile QB is key. I like the ability to make things happen when the play breaks down, and decision making (which I control) is more important to me than the arm attributes. As for backs, I honestly feel I can make any sort work, so I'd just go for the best I can get. Same with WR. TE as described.

Defense is... multiple, again. I just think there's a serious advantage to being able to show completely different looks from series to series.

23. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm planning on running a Pistol based playbook, with the I form being my secondary formation. Will have a few Shotgun formations for times where I need to move the ball through the air, but I will be based off of a running attack.

Looking for a mobile QB who can hit short dink and dunk passes, along with a bruising halfback and a speed back. WRs mainly need to be possession and able to block, but a speed guy will also be wanted. Probably 2 possession, 1 speed.

Defense, I will be a mix of the 4-2-5 and a 4-3, depending on my personnel. Throw in a little 4-4 as well (running my SS as the 4th safety, sort of like a Va Tech Rover.)