Custom Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Twister18, Jun 26, 2011.

?

Do you want Custom Playbooks?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I will wait to vote for these but majority rules.

2. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

If we have custom playbooks can we change/alter them throughout the year?

3. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

I'd say no, because others cannot edit their playbook during the season. I don't see why custom playbooks are a problem if we publish our playbook formations and all approve. I don't know why we all would not do it unless you did not want to take the time to do it. Not a slight on anyone, I just don't understand the argument against. We are "coaching" these teams, we should be allowed to run what we want within reason.

• Like Like x 2
  4. PSUEagle

PSUEagle Walk On

This.

While it's entirely possible during a year for an offense to install new formations during the season, we're not going to need it for this OD: 373 plays and like 36 formations should be plenty for video game football.

5. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

I just researched the "custom playbooks feature" and I understand it now and like it. At first I thought you could just put any formation and any plays in your playbook... but you can't. EA did a good job on making the changes realistic and not wide open... so I'm for it.

6. Twister18

The one thing I think all of us will agree on is that an offensive playbook "style" should be picked, ie multiple ,spread, etc and then tweaked.

7. Twister18

2 more votes and it could be close: 6-4 for the custom playbooks.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I would prefer to take a wait and see approach to custom playbooks. I'm leary on them but IF implemented correctly they could be a good addition.

9. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

The temptation is for people to load up with money plays.

10. Twister18

We will give them a try for season 1 but I think everyone needs to give us your base playbook before the first user game of each season. If it becomes a boil on my butt, then it will be gone.

11. Twister18

I understand what Slick and brave's concerns are as we have seen people get their players suspended (moving down the depth chart) from stat padding to booted from the dynasty for doing unsim things. I do think that we have an awesome group so I left it up to you all because it ALL our dynasty and it will only be as good as we make it.