Custom Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 11, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We are currently in discussion over these... but I have to admit they are awesome.

My current take:

1) There will absolutely be NO adding/deleting individual plays to a playbook
    2) ALL additions/deletions need to be submitted and approved (just so we know you aren't being lame)
    3) Each team should be allowed the addition of 3 new "forms" (you will see what I mean... basically adding I-Form Twins or Shotgun Trips Right, etc.) each season. These 3 forms should fit the type of system your team runs. (i.e. if you are a running team you should not be adding 3 shotgun no RB forms and vice-versa).
    4) You should simply delete the 3 that make the least amount of sense for what you are trying to build

Whatever the case, the same sim-style thinking applies here. We are not getting lame with these. You should legitimately be trying to build a system that will be successful but not one that is gimmicky or "innovative." That is gay. You aren't that good.

Very very cool addition to the game. Please help us use it and not have to eliminate it.

Thoughts?

Peace
    Heath

2. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

It's a good idea to add forms each year. However, I don't think you should HAVE to delete forms as well. What if I like all my forms?

3. vatechhokie01

you can't just add. have to replace i believe. and no... we do not want to allow mammoth playbooks. this would be an easy way to be cheesy.

4. TJM

TJM Walk On

So what if I want to create a Pro/Spread Hybrid O?

5. vatechhokie01

Well if u can do it within adding deleting 3 forms then great. Though everyone still needs to submit changes for our viewing

6. vatechhokie01

man... this feature is awesome. a few notables (at least on what I've found just peddling around):

-you get 374 plays
    -this is about 16 or 17 "forms" (i-form twins, ace normal, etc)
    -usually you start out with like 22 forms but these forms aren't full (selected plays) so when you delete a form and then add one you are adding more than you had which limits the number of forms you get
    -i am now prone to say just blow your playbook up and create whatever you like... HOWEVER:

-we will still not be adding single plays to a playbook... just too much opportunity for lameness
    -everyone that wants to create a playbook is absolutely gonna have to record and report their new playbook for accountability
    -if i see someone start laming crap out with like a spread mixed with wing-t garbage, we will remove custom playbooks
    -dont be gay and just refrain from adding the uber-gimmicky crap like Emory Henry, etc
    -AGAIN: this is sim-football and this applies to playbooks as much as anything else. try to build a playbook. but if you get un-sim or unrealistic, you are not gonna last long in this league
    -and to REITERATE: if you create a custom playbook, you MUST a) record and report on the forms you choose AND b) create a write-up describing what kind of offense and tradition you are trying to create in your coaching career

if this is all a headache or are unable to stay somewhat conservative and brutally sim, use the default playbooks. but a thread is coming called Playbooks and it will be the official thread for playbook designation/reporting/approval... please do not chat in that thread.