Custom Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Roggie, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    If y'all are planning on using a custom playbook, I'd like to see it posted here. Gives us a chance to make sure it looks realistic and not ridiculous.

Will be posting mine later when I get home.

2. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

I would caution everyone on using them just yet. It is a great addition to the game, but there is a glitch going around when using them. The glitch is all of plays at the playcalling screen turn into question marks and when you choose a play, all 11 players are trying to snap the ball. I'm sure EA will put a patch out or maybe they can do it in a tuner set idk.

3. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Yep. I've heard about it, but I've yet to see it. Seems to be happening to some people nonstop though.

The first patch was supposed to fix it.

4. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

I just made mine so hopefully I'm glitch free! :)

5. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I made a playbook called, "Power Spread"

Uses a lot of TE oriented sets under center. The Ace, I, Power I are the secondary sets.

The primary set I will be using will be, of course, the Shotgun. No 5 wide out sets and not very many 4 wide out sets either, as I like to run the ball out of the F Wing and other heavy running Shotgun plays.

I'm undecided if I want to use this playbook with UNC however, as I may make one for them that is almost strictly under center without very many shotgun plays. This Power Spread playbook I've mostly been using with Michigan in play now games.

6. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Yeah almost exacty what you described as the "Power Spread" is exacty what I also plan on using for Michigan.

7. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    My "Pistol Pass" playbook is, name confusion aside, about using the run to set up the pass. Having the "Full House" formation (diamond under center) along with the Pistol Full House and Train formations, I can get a lot of power runs up the middle, but can also lull a defense into defending the run and drilling them with a deep pass. But I also have a decent amount of 3 wide Pistol formations, along with a 4 wide set. Not much use out of the Shotgun plays yet, but the Maryland I is my goal line set, while I also have a few I form plays to dink and dunk with.

8. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I think for the first year at least I'm gonna use Nebraska's playbook. I may switch it up though as my personnel dictates but I'll post any changes here to be approved.

I am going to run some multiple d sets. I pretty much plan on running 3-3-5, 4-2-5 and some 4-3 to utilize my depth in the secondary.

9. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

I used my custom playbook for the first time today. Secone play from scrimmage I run into the playbook glitch and there was nothing I could do about it, had to quit the game and use a standard playbook.

10. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

My custom playbook "Spread Option" works great. It involves many read options out of many shotgun sets but also can get physical and run some tighter options in some more run heavy sets. So far I have played like 5 games with it and have yet to have the glitch so I hope mine never gets any ?s.

11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    By my knowledge, it involves specific formations. If those formations are not in your playbook, you're good. I've heard Notre Dame's Leprechaun formation is one of them.

12. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

Im using a pro style offense, basically the exact same offense I ran last year but i combined miami and syracuse playbooks together