Archived Custom Playbooks

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, Jun 12, 2012.

?

Should we allow custom playbooks?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I like this idea a lot and we will be doing the same in the OC.

3. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I dislike the inability to add new formations. I mean, now, instead of making a playbook that's my own, I'll have to spend way more time figuring out which playbook has the best formations. Just be easier to have our playbooks approved imo.

4. I Peench

Just pick yes for the time being. This seems to be the TSO standard, but we can hash it out afterwards. I'm open minded, but really want everyone to have a specific scheme in mind.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I voted no, im just not a fan, they caused more problems than they were worth last year IMO. I understand there is some news coming out about the feature though so im open to being swayed, but until then im still no.

6. I Peench

That is one of many concerns I have. Baron seems hellbent on it, which is cool. It's good having guys be opinionated about stuff like this. It's a great feature that I'd love to implement, but it takes a lot policing on my part and could potentially cause issues with the OD.

7. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I'm as hellbent on this as I've been about anything for our leagues. Custom playbooks have been my favorite feature since WAY before they took them out of NCAA. And now that they're back, I hate seeing them neutered by our rules.

But again, if the judgement of the league is that we can't use CPBs at all, I'll go with that.

8. I Peench

I do believe we'll use them. Just PM thoughts. I can't emphasize it enough: EVERY coach must have a specific scheme. You want to run a pro with a few option plays you may run here and there? Perfectly acceptable. You want to run a spread option and have a bit of I and ACE? Again, acceptable. I'm open to all ideas regarding this feature, I just want to make sure it's sim. I'd like to know what some of the other PL commissioners think, and how/if they plan on implementing it

Edit: Decided on the matter

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Peench - we allowed them in After Midnight and never had issues. Each player had to post all formations in his playbook prior to the 1st user game and the playbook had to make sense schematically (no mix of 3-4/4-3, no offensive playbook with spread/power/flex, etc). If everyone is logical about it there isn't an issue in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dru50

11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I'm voting 'No' although it's more of a maybe for myself. If we decide to keep rules, and keep it enforced(which I don't see a problem with anyone here happening) then it won't be a problem. Actually, after that last statement, I'm going to vote 'Yes' now. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I Peench

Thanks Dru, much appreciated

13. Dru50

No problem, let me know if I can help further.

14. I Peench

We have 7 votes, so custom playbooks will be allowed.

We will be revisiting the matter following the draft. Baron

Locking until that time

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.