Custom Playbooks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RadarRider, Aug 10, 2012.

1. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

What is the deal with custom playbooks next seasons? I would prefer to have custom playbooks in place, I for-one have spent a long time putting together real playbooks, offensively and defensively. I understand that there might be some who worry about people using cheap plays and there is not anyone in this league, I believe, who would attempt to cheat. Last seasons there were some bugs and this season minor ones that seem to have been taken care of.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I will look into it

3. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

im okay with custom books as long as people have to post all their formations they put in the custom book and explain their team's offensive theme/style - no custom "multiple" offenses allowed - i like custom books to have a style just like all the books [except multiple] already do in the game

>then if anyone objects to your custom book you have to change it or not use it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Id rather we didn't do defensive books. When we used PBs last year, they were not realstic. On O we need to regulate it so people aren't running fleXbox One and gator heavy type stuff when it doesn't be/ongoin

• Like Like x 3
  5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I am also against custom playbooks. It leads to a lack of realism where people put in elements of multiple defensive fronts, which isn't realistic. The principles of playing a 3-4, 3-3-5, and a 4-3 are different enough that no college team can practice enough to intermittently switch fronts throughout the game. The same thing could occur on offense. You don't see teams running flex bone, spread, and I-formation with multiple plays per formation.

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Against custom playbooks as well. Too much of an opportunity to add a bunch of money plays/formations, and it lacks a level of realism for some reason to me. Also, it seems 80% of the bugs in NCAA spawn from using custom playbooks, so I'd like to avoid a league restart debacle as well

• Like Like x 2
  7. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Put me in the group that is for custom playbooks. I do agree if that you choose to run one it should be known what type. I disagree with banning certain formations just because it doesn't fit the schema what you think a certain type of offense is. If someone wants to flex-shoot (Run & Shoot w/ FleXbox One) it should be allowed. I've been working on a Power-Raid offense (Pro Style w/Air Raid) and to say that having under center formations shouldn't be allowed b/c the Air Raid is more gun/pistol is weak to me. To me, the formations aren't what make the offense, it's the concepts you run.

8. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

People should be able to run then if they want to. The reason we play in a premier league is because we are sim players and have integrity. We need to trust in our other members that they won't be cheesing with them. If we can't trust each other than that's a pretty big issue.

I won't be using a custom play book I'm too lazy. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

To be fair, both examples you listed have been run/are being run in real life(80s/90s Hawaii and Houston for the FleXbox One or Double Slot as it was names then, and BYU and Arizona both ran a Pro Style Air-Raid, BYU still does.)

But I am definitely for Custom PBs, I have a unique style of spread that I like to run(A mix of Malzahn and Chip Kelly) and every book lacks just one or two formations that I would typically use as well as a few that I wouldn't touch in a spread system

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Like I said above, the reason I am against them is mainly the bug factor. I've heard there are still CP bugs in NCAA 13, and a restart would suck major balls.

11. MoonBBad

Well if there are bugs that's one thing. Can we confirm if there are bugs or not?

12. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Honestly if anyone has any concerns of people cheating, they should put them to rest. This is not a non-p league with randoms. We each believe in winning and winning with integrity. I have a real offensive/defensive philosophy, both of which I cannot fully utilize, unless I have my playbook(s). A lot of time goes into making a playbook and it is a shame that I cannot use them in a highly-competitive league. If there are still bugs than fine, I'll wait to address this issue when they are fixed, but I will bring it up again :)

13. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I haven't heard anything about custom pb glitches in this years game, I know a lot of the premier leagues are using them and nobody has brought up any issues to my knowledge

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I'd rather not have them but I am open to the idea. I will take with other premier leagues about this. If I get no concise information then we will just take this to a majority rule vote.

15. MoonBBad

So if we confirm there are no bugs then are you saying you would vote yes to a custom PB?

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

I wouldn't use a CP, but I wouldn't be opposed to others using it